What did you do to your TJ today?

Decided to lose some weight from the rear. Stock tire carrier was making the gate rattle quite a bit. Eventually I’ll go to a bumper tire carrier but I’m really liking this look.
ED76F8AE-EECA-438E-8067-D5C504325557.jpeg

Got the install finished on the Kicker CompRT finished in the console. I cannot believe how good that thing sounds! I paired it with the Kicker pxa300.4 amp and ran it bridged, with the sub wired in parallel to the dual coils. Eventually, I'll use that amp to power the dash and power bar speakers, and use a pxa200.1 monoblock to power the sub. I kinda hate doing it in stages, but the cash is a trickle, and I really would rather have the double din Android system in first.

I don't take any pics during the install since it's quite a common job, and there's a great how-to already. The only real difference I made was that I installed the amp under the driver seat since it will be a good place to distribute leads
from later when it's powering the dash and sound bar.

One interesting thing to note was that I had thought that the originally installed sub was still in there. When breaking the enclosure apart I found that it has been swapped with the quadratec replacement. It's still in great shape, but just couldn't hold a candle to the setup I've got going now! If you've been thinking of doing this mod, don't hesitate. It's well worth it!
That's awesome! I installed the Kicker CompRT 6.75 sub but can't figure out how to replace the amp with the PXA200.1. any suggestions? I'm about to return the amp. :(

Reactions: XISophos
I put in my new 4WD indicator switch. (and have the bloody knuckles to prove it). Trans tunnel cutouts are sharp! There are tutorials that show doing it from underneath, but two bolts for the console and four bolts for the shifter mount proved pretty easy. aside from the aforementioned blood.
I took the opportunity to scrub the living crap out of everything I could reach.
Now that I know how to do it, the next step is to replace all the flex tube on the wiring that pretty much crumbled.

That's awesome! I installed the Kicker CompRT 6.75 sub but can't figure out how to replace the amp with the PXA200.1. any suggestions? I'm about to return the amp. :(
I didn't use the monoblock, but the config should be similar. I, for now, left the factory amp to run the sound pods and the dash speakers, and just disconnected the leads from the factory amp that ran to the sub, and covered them with electrical tape, and tucked them under the carpet. Then then ran new leads from the amp to the sub in parallel to keep the RMS and ohms at the right rate. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Technically, this was yesterday, but I changed out my old rotors for new centric ones, and the pads over to some top shelf semi-ceramics. Then flushed the brake system with new brake fluid, and suctioned the clutch fluid from the reservoir and replaced it.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Mike JF
Are you using a factory head unit or aftermarket?

I am using a kenwood excelon kdcx302. I ended up installing just the stereo and sub without the amp. I think I'm missing some wires. Calling crutchfield to figure out which wiring kit I need to order for my amp. So far it sounds great without the upgraded amp. I'm debating on returning it all together.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I didn't use the monoblock, but the config should be similar. I, for now, left the factory amp to run the sound pods and the dash speakers, and just disconnected the leads from the factory amp that ran to the sub, and covered them with electrical tape, and tucked them under the carpet. Then then ran new leads from the amp to the sub in parallel to keep the RMS and ohms at the right rate. Hope this helps!

Thanks! This is helpful! I think I'm missing some wires. Calling crutchfield to figure out which wiring kit I need to order for my amp. So far the sub and stereo sound great without the upgraded amp. I'm debating on returning the amp all together.

Reactions: XISophos
I am using a kenwood excelon kdcx302. I ended up installing just the stereo and sub without the amp. I think I'm missing some wires. Calling crutchfield to figure out which wiring kit I need to order for my amp. So far it sounds great without the upgraded amp. I'm debating on returning it all together.
If your happy with it, that's all that matters. You could wire up the amp with a amp wiring kit w/ RCA cables pretty easy

Dirtworx rear bumper and tire carrier are all painted..

Front bumper installed. It wasn't a plug and play...no fault of Robert from Dirtworx. Remember- my Jeep is the one with the BENT FRAME/RAILS.

I little grinding on the bottom passenger bracket to get it to slide onto the bumper rail.

Had to notch winch mounting plate to accommodate sway bar clamps.

And a couple of holes were made somewhat oblong using a jig saw and round file to line up bolt with nut.

Passenger bottom nut was missing, so I used "steel epoxy" to secure the nut. Washers were used to hide the not so round holes and give it a uniform look. I wish it was a plug and play, but at least it was 70 degrees in North Carolina ;)

20190209_141822.jpg

20190209_141757.jpg

20190209_141726.jpg

20190209_114235.jpg

20190207_112324.jpg

Dirtworx rear bumper and tire carrier are all painted..

Front bumper installed. It wasn't a plug and play...no fault of Robert from Dirtworx. Remember- my Jeep is the one with the BENT FRAME/RAILS.

I little grinding on the bottom passenger bracket to get it to slide onto the bumper rail.

Had to notch winch mounting plate to accommodate sway bar clamps.

And a couple of holes were made somewhat oblong using a jig saw and round file to line up bolt with nut.

Passenger bottom nut was missing, so I used "steel epoxy" to secure the nut. Washers were used to hide the not so round holes and give it a uniform look. I wish it was a plug and play, but at least it was 70 degrees in North Carolina ;)

View attachment 76573

View attachment 76574

View attachment 76575

View attachment 76576

View attachment 76577
Nice! I've loved my bumpers!

Reactions: mikespine