My OEM Hella fog lights have been acting up lately, and looking at the connectors it was obvious that they were shot. I ordered two sets of 2-pin Deutsch weatherpack connectors with pigtails (Amazon, about 15 bucks), cut off the old set and wired in the new stuff, soldering the splices and waterproofing them with adhesive heat shrink tubing. I also took the opportunity to add some length to both ends. The photo below shows the extended wires before I plugged them in to test the connections. I put new wire loom over the exposed wires and routed them under the grille for better protection. The only problem I had (and, being me, there always has to be a problem) was that my soldering iron wouldn't get hot enough and soldering the connections properly took way longer than it should have. In any case, the fogs work reliably now and should last until the bulbs finally give out (or until I really need them, whichever comes first).