What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm all for liking your Jeep Kiwi.....but like I've said before ...... sometimes I worry about you.

To sort of quote Ace Ventura movie... " you really do LOVE your Jeep huh ? ".... "Yes if it gets cold enough" lol[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Got my fancy Jeep cup holders in the mail today. Always hated how unfinished it looked before. Love this forum for things big and small.
View attachment 77289

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put those in back in January and they have made a noticeable difference in how my coffee mug behaves. Small but effective change to make.

Reactions: dmr22
Installed A sony MEX-5200 In the Jeep I love the thing especially paired with my kicker speaker
s

Picked up a junkyard door to replace the right side that was damaged in the rollover.
Did some crawling around underneath (new to me Jeep, still in discovery stage) and found the shock tubes dented from hitting the rear spring perches. Time to flip 'em!
Also broke off the rear PCV elbow AND the manifold end of the plastic tube.
Took the rear seat out in preparation for vacuuming out all the broken glass from the rollover.
Started figuring out WTH the PO did with the wiring around the battery. Both cables are about two feet too long and there are a bunch of extra wires and a relay hanging around... I'm guessing for the VIAIR compressor for the air lockers but I need to dig deeper.
Ordered a bunch more parts and started shopping for rear upper control arms.

Got my fancy Jeep cup holders in the mail today. Always hated how unfinished it looked before. Love this forum for things big and small.
View attachment 77289

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing these advertised. Are they absorbent? I stuff a napkin down in mine to help absorb the sweat from the cups so they don't drip on me when I take a drink. I like those but if they aren't absorbent, they would not do the trick for me.

Reactions: Devinr29
Thanks for the links. Mine already has an aftermarket Kenwood radio, that I don't like, LOL. So I will probably get the Sony, then take it all apart and see what I will need as far as wiring. I don't know what the PO might have done to hook up the Kenwood.
Mine had a crappy alpine from the PO, I just pulled out all of the wirings they did and redid it all because it had a shawty ground connection.

The bluetooth on the sony is really nice, it auto connects right up when I turn it on

Reactions: KimsJeep
I keep seeing these advertised. Are they absorbent? I stuff a napkin down in mine to help absorb the sweat from the cups so they don't drip on me when I take a drink. I like those but if they aren't absorbent, they would not do the trick for me.

No, they're rubber/silicone material, I don't think I'd want something absorbent though, wouldn't it just get gross? They do have some slight depth to them that seems to capture condensation without creating suction so you pull it up when you lift up your drink.

I haven't used it a ton for anything that sweats much. A few cans of soda here or there, but being winter and all there's not excessive sweat with the heat yet.

Either way I much prefer how they look over just bare plastic.

I haven't had them long enough to have conditions where a drink would sweat, but I don't see where they'd be absorbent. Pretty much just a rubber disc with a raised/indented design. Help make the cup holder look a bit more "finished" and have a bit of a grip on the bottom of drink containers. They definitely help reduce wobble on my coffee mug with a non-slip bottom.

Reactions: dmr22 and KimsJeep
I haven't had them long enough to have conditions where a drink would sweat, but I don't see where they'd be absorbent. Pretty much just a rubber disc with a raised/indented design. Help make the cup holder look a bit more "finished" and have a bit of a grip on the bottom of drink containers. They definitely help reduce wobble on my coffee mug with a non-slip bottom.

Ok thanks for that info. I will spend my money on other things. LOL I definetly don't need to worry about wobble. LOL My cups hit the corner of my seat. Although if I ever do find a center console that they don't want a fortune for, I may have to worry about it. :D

I'm going to stick to my napkin. :D

Ok thanks for that info. I will spend my money on other things. LOL I definetly don't need to worry about wobble. LOL My cups hit the corner of my seat. Although if I ever do find a center console that they don't want a fortune for, I may have to worry about it. :D

I'm going to stick to my napkin. :D
NO paper drink cups in my jeep, I told my wife the only thing she is allowed is a double walled closed top coffee cup.
Not putting up with condensation from a cup.....she complained at first, so I asked her if I could use her Baby Grand piano to sit my cold can of ale on.
She went out and bought a double walled closed top coffee cup.....
Problem solved.