What did you do to your TJ today?

I went from this:

to this:

Now I need some of these:

and I have to figure out how to fix this:

Installed a new clockspring and my repaired cruise switch, fixed the rear PCV tube with an old spark plug boot, broke my 12pt socket trying to take the hubs off to fix a leaking front axle seal.

View attachment 78660
wow that's a stubborn hub...you should really lay off going to the gym !! lol

• Haha
Reactions: M35A2
Impact? At least you can mail it back for a replacement, they are still warrantying their tools.

Nope, not impact. I knew better than that. Lol. Since Stanley bought the Craftsman label, I think they can be returned at Ace Hardware or Lowe's but I haven't verified that yet. It's sad because this socket was over 30 years old, from my original tool kit when I was a kid. Oh well.

Late yesterday evening my coil spring relocation brackets and adjustable rear track bar arrived. I’m hoping to get both installed this weekend.

new bumper and JW Speaker headlights came in
got them installed
the rubber on one of the hood latches broke the first time I tried to open the hood, So I ordered a Kentrol replacement "Rubber" from Quadratec, when I tried to install the first one,,, it broke too. So I now have Rugged Ridge latches

Ok, not today, but this past week or so. Picked up my '01 around the first of the year, so haven't had too much time to fix stuff, but, have fixed a lot. This one was big. Driver seat nylon pull tab was gone. Oh, the horror. Never mind the check engine light with 7 codes, the leaking rear pinion, rear axle seals, 50% brakes......but the pull tab. It's the little things, right? And the seat bottom cushion. Yeah. Those 2 things.

It was time.

I had set about to fix the seat back pull and probably fix the driver bottom. Since I was basically sitting on, or rubbing/hitting on the side of the bottom seat frame, it sucked. Ordered some 3/4" nylon webbing off ebay. 3ft shipped for $3.75. Pulled the seat and found the wire grid support under the bottom cushion rusted with broken wires.

Ungh. The cushion wasn't going to be a big deal, but the wire grid, well, shoot. Found a local guy with a passenger seat in good shape for $50. Grabbed it.

Pulled the seat back apart to remove the release cable assembly. Figured out how to get the new piece of nylon webbing on the end, but needed it sewn back together, or glued or heat sealed, or whatever. Dropped it off at a local shoe repair place run by an older Russian couple. Wasn't sure if it was going to cost me $10 or $10k, but, "It vill be done on Moonday."

Tore into the seat bottom, and it was bad. The cushion was torn and broken....

The grid was even worse than I thought. 6 of the 11 wires were broken AND 2 of the springs were broken too.

The fabric protector between the grid and the cushion was horrible.

But the one from the "new" passenger seat was great!

The grid and springs from the donor passenger seat were good too.

Small modification to the passenger cushion so it could be used on the driver side, and it fit great!

Patch my cover back together and hog-ringed it back in place. Oooooo...it's soooo niiiice!

The shoe repair guy fixed me up right! $8.50 to sew it together. The donor passenger seat still had its loop, but it was not going to be long before it failed. It's on the left. Newly repaired with Russian touch on the right.

All back together and working just like factory. Yay!

Best $60 I've spent so far on this thing.

new bumper and JW Speaker headlights came in
got them installed
the rubber on one of the hood latches broke the first time I tried to open the hood, So I ordered a Kentrol replacement "Rubber" from Quadratec, when I tried to install the first one,,, it broke too. So I now have Rugged Ridge latches

View attachment 78740

Very nice. Which bumper is that?

Looks great! A rear bumper was the first fabrication I’ve done too(with some help). I’ll never replace it
View attachment 78847

I like it, yeah it was a little tough I wasn’t too proud of the welds I was just making sure I was penetrating and after grinding it came out nice. I almost wish I would’ve done mig on it because flux wire wets out weird everywhere. Did u end up painting it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it, yeah it was a little tough I wasn’t too proud of the welds I was just making sure I was penetrating and after grinding it came out nice. I almost wish I would’ve done mig on it because flux wire wets out weird everywhere. Did u end up painting it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had it powder coated black

Replaced heater core and A/C evaporator, painted all of the interior plastic, tore out the PO's rats nest of crappy wiring and am now working on rewiring the stereo. Lights will have to wait until my new ones come in. I guess I'll start a build thread as having a Sentra pull out in front of me has proven to be quite beneficial.

Reactions: M35A2 and zebra12