What did you do to your TJ today?

Got my drawer finished and installed. :D

Mocked up the drawer boxes and a cooler slide in the back. Also acquired a nice pair of Warn bumpers with swing away tire carrier. New fuel pump arrived from Rock Auto today and the Jeep goes in for a new clutch tomorrow. 10 Barrel Apocalypse IPA for scale . . .
View attachment 83031View attachment 83032
Nice find on the bumpers, but that rear will rattle, I have the same one and it does, newer ones use a different latch.

I paid 400. A high school friend ownes the salvage yard. Gears are bad, but I was going to regear it anyway. Also got half doors that match my jeep with windows and mirrors for 300. They have a front 44, but I don't see the use since I have a built hp30, and can't see the money for it.

I paid 400. A high school friend ownes the salvage yard. Gears are bad, but I was going to regear it anyway. Also got half doors that match my jeep with windows and mirrors for 300. They have a front 44, but I don't see the use since I have a built hp30, and can't see the money for it.
That’s awesome deal on both. I paid $500 for my Dana 44 and I didn’t use the new 4.88 ring and pinion or the rebuilt tracloc it came with. Pretty much the housing and shafts. Trying to sell the r&p and tracloc to recoup some of that money.

That’s awesome deal on both. I paid $500 for my Dana 44 and I didn’t use the new 4.88 ring and pinion or the rebuilt tracloc it came with. Pretty much the housing and shafts. Trying to sell the r&p and tracloc to recoup some of that money.

What are you asking for the r&p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Got my drawer finished and installed. :DView attachment 83052

View attachment 83051
I've been thinking about this same type of project for a while. I think I would make it the same height as the wheel wells in the tub to make a larger platform. With the tailgate locked it might even deter theft of contents for a little while.

Post more pictures if you think they would be helpful. Where did you get the drawer slides?

I've been thinking about this same type of project for a while. I think I would make it the same height as the wheel wells in the tub to make a larger platform. With the tailgate locked it might even deter theft of contents for a little while.

Post more pictures if you think they would be helpful. Where did you get the drawer slides?

I was thinking of going taller too, but I want to put a lid on it and I worried about getting to tall.

I got the slides from Home Depot along with that metal L brackets. Well, I got everything from Home Depot. LOL

This is the only pic I took of it with the slides on.

ejt06xLFTV2FvUixloOcSg.jpg

I was thinking of going taller too, but I want to put a lid on it and I worried about getting to tall.

I got the slides from Home Depot along with that metal L brackets. Well, I got everything from Home Depot. LOL

This is the only pic I took of it with the slides on.

View attachment 83153
I like the way you've done that. I see you used the same Home Depot angle steel I did to build my cooler slide. I still need to trim and grind the ends as you've done here - exactly what I was thinking. Those ends are SHARP and will be the first deadly injury at camp otherwise! I'm going to leave a little on the ends as you did here to protect the lock/release levers which protrude from the end of the slide. My slides are heavy duty 32" ordered from Amazon. Wasn't able to find anything that long or beefy at my Home Depot.

What did you do/use to prep and paint the angle steel? Looks very nice. I may do something similar.

I like the way you've done that. I see you used the same Home Depot angle steel I did to build my cooler slide. I still need to trim and grind the ends as you've done here - exactly what I was thinking. Those ends are SHARP and will be the first deadly injury at camp otherwise! I'm going to leave a little on the ends as you did here to protect the lock/release levers which protrude from the end of the slide. My slides are heavy duty 32" ordered from Amazon. Wasn't able to find anything that long or beefy at my Home Depot.

What did you do/use to prep and paint the angle steel? Looks very nice. I may do something similar.

Honestly, I just shot it with cheap flat black Walmart paint. I do wish I would have spent more time and actually primered it first. It does scratch easily. But, I figure now that it is in, I won't be banging it around the garage anymore. LOL

Reactions: TJ Starting