What did you do to your TJ today?

Going to quote my own post! LOL

I put freon (or what ever it is called these days) in it and I now have cold AC! Didn't see any leaks from the connections. Bring on the heat!!! :D
You typically wont see a freon leak, it just loses it abiliy to cool if it is a slow leak. If you hear a pfffft...you can follow it with an AWE shit. I lost an AC line one day, 105 outside and I was 150 miles out in the middle of the Nevada/Utah desert going camping. Miserable drive home. Tim

You typically wont see a freon leak, it just loses it abiliy to cool if it is a slow leak. If you hear a pfffft...you can follow it with an AWE shit. I lost an AC line one day, 105 outside and I was 150 miles out in the middle of the Nevada/Utah desert going camping. Miserable drive home. Tim
I heard that same PFFFFFT noise the other night, turns out it was a burrito leak 🌯 😁

Got tired of waiting on hubby to change my AC Discharge hose so I went out and did it myself. :D Note to self. Even though said hose had holes and was leaking, doesn't mean the system isn't under pressure. LOL I went to disconnect the part that sits next to the radiator and about jumped out of my pants when the thing blew off with a bang. I can still smell that stuff on me. LOL Needless to say, I got it changed but not thrilled on the fit. It has a little gap at the bottom of the top piece. I have taken it off and tried and tried to get it on better, even took a hammer to it to gently tap on it. Still has the gap. I did take it back off to check it with the old one and it does appear to have a little more lip on it. It is holding pressure though because when I took it back off, it let more of whatever was building back up, out.

Also my old one had only 2 seals on the bottom part that goes next to the radiator. The new one had 3. I was just thinking it was different because it is probably aftermarket or something.

I looked the part number up online and this is the hose that say's fits my 99 TJ. Part number is T56721

Now I have to get some stuff to charge the system to see if it is gong to hold it.

View attachment 87271

You can see the gap at the bottom.

View attachment 87272

New one,

View attachment 87273

Old one

View attachment 87274

The old one is also kind of shaped like a funnel (best way for me to describe it) and the new one is just straight no cone to it.

Like I say, I checked the part number and several places say it's for a 99TJ.
@KimsJeep, that design is usually the difference between OEM and aftermarket. Even though it says "made for your year". As long as you have a seal and you are not losing coolant, you will probably be ok. Parts like this, is why people on here always say to use OEM parts. Even though Mopar parts are extremely expensive. Good luck. :)
Igoo65

Going to quote my own post! LOL

I put freon (or what ever it is called these days) in it and I now have cold AC! Didn't see any leaks from the connections. Bring on the heat!!! :D

mix up some soapy water in a spray bottle or even buy the bubbles in the children's toy area in the store and spray it on all the connections while it is running. I suggest taking your jeep and have a shop run a vacuum on your AC system. first it will check for leaks but it also removes any water that may have built up in the system. Then have them service it to correct oil and Freon levels.

Installed a shiny new(reman) alternator today.
0FA661F1-5615-48BF-8907-7F1677733D74.jpeg

Alternator was easy, the radiator shroud, on the other hand, was an utter PITA. I had to move it in order to get to the belt tensioner. Only the top was attached so when I reinstalled it I wanted to do it right so I got four clip nuts and four 6mm bolts.
The passenger side is different from the driver side in that the holes are farther inboard on the driver side so two of the clip nuts I have are too short so I had to use regular nuts which were difficult to reach.
After much extremely colorful language directed at Chrysler I finally got the two bottom bolts in( tops were easy). Why in the €£¥#% would one side need longer clip nuts than the other?!

View attachment 87430

Alternator was easy, the radiator shroud, on the other hand, was an utter PITA. I had to move it in order to get to the belt tensioner. Only the top was attached so when I reinstalled it I wanted to do it right so I got four clip nuts and four 6mm bolts.
The passenger side is different from the driver side in that the holes are farther inboard on the driver side so two of the clip nuts I have are too short so I had to use regular nuts which were difficult to reach.
After much extremely colorful language directed at Chrysler I finally got the two bottom bolts in( tops were easy). Why in the €£¥#% would one side need longer clip nuts than the other?!
IT looks perddy!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
View attachment 87430

Every time I work on my TJ, I want to punch a Jeep engineer! :mad:
Igoo65

Reactions: Twopoint and Five