What did you do to your TJ today?

Today was forecast to be 74 and sunny, so I decided it would be a good day to install my Alien Shade. I only pulled the soft top down part way, because the last forecast I saw for next week calls for rain 4 out of the 7 days. After I got it on and put the soft top back up, I looked at my phone's forecast and it didn't show rain at all. Figures. LOL

View attachment 86927

View attachment 86928

View attachment 86929

I left the bar that came with the soft top on because I was putting the soft top back up. I do like it on there just for reassurance that the rain will not pool up. I know I'm probably just being paranoid about that, but its the way it is. LOL

View attachment 86930

Looks pink in that pic. LOL

Once that was done I made my sticker for my hitch brake light. It's still daylight so I couldn't' get a good pic but this one shows what it is supposed to do. :D

View attachment 86931

After that I decided I would see how good I could do on making parachord door handles. They didn't turn out to bad. :D I need to find some nicer looking bolts to use on doors though. The PO put that big bolt in there. The other side is like that too. Time to go to Emiegh hardware and do some bolt searching. LOL

View attachment 86932

Since the handles didn't turn out to bad, I plan on making me some grab handles. I don't want the traditional ones you see on the roll bars. I'm going to try to make a loop style one that will hang from the bolt that holds the roll bar to the windshield post. I'll post some pics once I get them done. If they come out ok. LOL

So I got a few things done to the TJ today. :D
How easy was it installing the Alien Shade, and do you like it? I bought one, and am waiting for good weather to install!

Reactions: TJ Starting
How easy was it installing the Alien Shade, and do you like it? I bought one, and am waiting for good weather to install!

It was a lot easier then what I heard it was. I just made sure I left it in the sun for a couple hours. I actually threw it on top of my black soft top to help in the heating process. LOL I had it on in a few minutes.

I like it so far. Today was my first day to actually be able to put the top down, but I didn't put it all the way down. Just opened the sunroof portion. I will have to wait till I can put the top all the way down along before I can give a better review of it.

Reactions: Mikester86
It was a lot easier then what I heard it was. I just made sure I left it in the sun for a couple hours. I actually threw it on top of my black soft top to help in the heating process. LOL I had it on in a few minutes.

I like it so far. Today was my first day to actually be able to put the top down, but I didn't put it all the way down. Just opened the sunroof portion. I will have to wait till I can put the top all the way down along before I can give a better review of it.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: KimsJeep
Tires

Qj8c7ZQ.jpg

I pulled my back seat and carpet out today in anticipation of receving bedtred covering for an expanded cargo area. I also removed the back seat brakets and short belts. We are taking our tj and our lab to Colorado for the Summer and he will ride a bunch. White Lab hair is difficult to clean off of black carpet. It also sticks to black jeep seats backsvlike glue. I want to get some seat covers for the front buckets that will be more friendly for cleaning. Any ideas on slip on covers for those front seats are appreciated.

I researched them alot. And read a fair amount on this forum. These below kept coming up at the top of the list. Especially if you want to not have things stick to them and be able to clean it easily. There is another set in leather or fuex leather on ebay. That look very nice. But aren't the kind you'd take off and clean easily. And they run like $350 iirc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002S9X30/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Ron Hall
I pulled my back seat and carpet out today in anticipation of receving bedtred covering for an expanded cargo area. I also removed the back seat brakets and short belts. We are taking our tj and our lab to Colorado for the Summer and he will ride a bunch. White Lab hair is difficult to clean off of black carpet. It also sticks to black jeep seats backsvlike glue. I want to get some seat covers for the front buckets that will be more friendly for cleaning. Any ideas on slip on covers for those front seats are appreciated.
I got some of the Caltrend covers in twill for my '06 a while back when they were on super sale and, although I have yet to install them because the spousal unit does not know I bought them (before selling the '01), I have looked them over and done some touchy feely and they certainly seem very very nice. They have a 20% off sale going right now 🤑
@Airjunky bought and installed some about a month and a half ago so you might want to ask him how they've been doing.

I'm thinking the pattern I got would look pretty awesome in your Rubi too. P.S. They also have back seat covers.

Planning on a mountain bike trip down the line in a couple weeks so change the oil and filter and radiator fluids too a week ago not planning on upgrading the stereo a bit with an underseat sub...so today was 'recon' searching and comparing with some car audio shops.

Reactions: jimsmith29841
Which rust inhibitor are you using and why did you choose it?
I'm using Rust Bullet. I have no project experiences prior to using it other than performing some sample testing to evaluate if i like how it went on and dried. Seemed like every product out there has success stories and failures and as part of my second childhood goals, im trying not to over analyze things and just dive in. My biggest initial draw towards its use was how the product was being used by industrial, military, and marine shipping applications in addition to automotive restoration work and not something I could grab at WallyWorld. It requires minimal surface prep. (I LIKED THAT). I will be top coating the rust bullet treated frame with Rustoleum Truck bed liner spray. In the Interior I will be top coating it with primer and factory original color and plus a clear coat. As always, what looks good on paper and on the shelf doesnt always look good 5 years down the road. Cheers.

Reactions: azroc909 and matkal