What did you do to your TJ today?

I want to go next year, maybe mid March. My daughter lives up there right now so I'm hoping to go up a few times this summer. There are quite a few really mild trails/roads that look nice. I probably won't make it until late June because she has classes, finals, diabetes camp, training in Atlanta for her new promotion, but I'm looking at Schultz Pass to Lockett Meadow next time.

Starting slow but looking for pretty things to look at and dirt to drive on.
I think that’s the thing I like most about having a Jeep, it gets you out there exploring, seeing things you might not have ever seen.

I want to go next year, maybe mid March. My daughter lives up there right now so I'm hoping to go up a few times this summer. There are quite a few really mild trails/roads that look nice. I probably won't make it until late June because she has classes, finals, diabetes camp, training in Atlanta for her new promotion, but I'm looking at Schultz Pass to Lockett Meadow next time.

Starting slow but looking for pretty things to look at and dirt to drive on.
Let me know if you want company, I am somewhat new to Arizona, so I wouldn't mind being shown new places to checkout.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Installed my T-case shift handle .

hOnEskA1QIavzcwGnDJhug.jpg

Let me know if you want company, I am somewhat new to Arizona, so I wouldn't mind being shown new places to checkout.
Are you in the Phoenix area? I'm in nw phoenix looking for local easy stuff to do. I found a local jeep group but they're mostly jks and most of their recent runs they require 35" tires. I'm calling bullshit on really needing 35s, but completely stock and new to driving offroad not even having recovery points I won't argue. My dad owned this jeep before me and I know he mashed a milk jug and dented/scraped a rear corner on a rock. Years ago we did some crazy stuff in his stock cj like me standing on the rear corner so it wouldn't tip. He didn't like the 2.5, crappy aftermarket ac and soft top so he got a yj with a hard top. Looking to go wheeling with him down in Tucson soon too.

Are you in the Phoenix area? I'm in nw phoenix looking for local easy stuff to do. I found a local jeep group but they're mostly jks and most of their recent runs they require 35" tires. I'm calling bullshit on really needing 35s, but completely stock and new to driving offroad not even having recovery points I won't argue. My dad owned this jeep before me and I know he mashed a milk jug and dented/scraped a rear corner on a rock. Years ago we did some crazy stuff in his stock cj like me standing on the rear corner so it wouldn't tip. He didn't like the 2.5, crappy aftermarket ac and soft top so he got a yj with a hard top. Looking to go wheeling with him down in Tucson soon too.

Yeah I am in Chandler. I don't care if you have 28" tires or 44" tires. I will wheel with you. I just like going out, and seeing new things. Especially that crater that was amazing.

Just a little quading story. I bought my quad from a friend that I used to race street bikes with at the track. He told me that if I buy his quad, I have to do to the dunes. So me and my gal, went to the dunes, and we didn't know what to expect, and when we turned the corner and finally made it to the dunes, we saw mountains of sand and it was an orangie red color. It was like nothing I have seen before. It was something out of a photograph, I think my wife and I sort of gasped at the same time upon seeing it.

That is how I felt when I saw your jeep in front of the crater. That was amazing. I have never seen anything like that I want to go there and stare at it. Hopefully as you said when there is water there. That is like one of my 7 wonders in my world!

Yeah I am in Chandler. I don't care if you have 28" tires or 44" tires. I will wheel with you. I just like going out, and seeing new things. Especially that crater that was amazing.

Just a little quading story. I bought my quad from a friend that I used to race street bikes with at the track. He told me that if I buy his quad, I have to do to the dunes. So me and my gal, went to the dunes, and we didn't know what to expect, and when we turned the corner and finally made it to the dunes, we saw mountains of sand and it was an orangie red color. It was like nothing I have seen before. It was something out of a photograph, I think my wife and I sort of gasped at the same time upon seeing it.

That is how I felt when I saw your jeep in front of the crater. That was amazing. I have never seen anything like that I want to go there and stare at it. Hopefully as you said when there is water there. That is like one of my 7 wonders in my world!
We'll figure something out. Easy around Phoenix to start, maybe sheep bridge. Definitely going back to grand falls next spring or sooner.

Reactions: ac_
We'll figure something out. Easy around Phoenix to start, maybe sheep bridge. Definitely going back to grand falls next spring or sooner.
Sycamore creek looks not terrible. Something a stock tj should be aible to do at least most of. I think.

I'm busy with birthdays, surprise retirement parties, and axle shafts, etc. until May 18 but it looks like a pretty good trip to me. If you're interested let know and I'll post it in the regional area.

Reactions: Nimbley and ac_
Sycamore creek looks not terrible. Something a stock tj should be aible to do at least most of. I think.

I'm busy with birthdays, surprise retirement parties, and axle shafts, etc. until May 18 but it looks like a pretty good trip to me. If you're interested let know and I'll post it in the regional area.

I am going to Moab with the gang here, so I am going to be busy myself till the middle of May also. Sycamore creek is pretty close to where I live. I am game for a day trip. I bet it wouldn't be too much twisting of the arm to get @Boinked to go with us. It is starting to get hot by then, but I have a top and air conditioning.

I am going to Moab with the gang here, so I am going to be busy myself till the middle of May also. Sycamore creek is pretty close to where I live. I am game for a day trip. I bet it wouldn't be too much twisting of the arm to get @Boinked to go with us. It is starting to get hot by then, but I have a top and air conditioning.
I leave in about 4 weeks for a summer abroad (i.e. deployment) ill be back around the end of July.

Reactions: Twopoint and ac_