What did you do to your TJ today?

Bought a new door... My driver's had rusted badly in the folded seam
View attachment 89368

Found one for cheap. Picked it up today. 7 hours round trip, but worth it. No rust. It will need paint, but I will do a quicky spray job until I'm ready to do the whole body.
View attachment 89369
View attachment 89370
I bought a clean, rust free set of full doors from craigslist a couple years ago and needed to get them painted. Before I sent them to the shop I cleaned those seams and applied POR15 to try and stay ahead of any future issues. It might be something to consider.

Reactions: Mike_H
Put some American Racing 23's on my KO2's. I'm gonna miss my Canyon wheels, but I like this look.

20190419_071240.jpg

20190418_174301.jpg

I bought a clean, rust free set of full doors from craigslist a couple years ago and needed to get them painted. Before I sent them to the shop I cleaned those seams and applied POR15 to try and stay ahead of any future issues. It might be something to consider.

For sure. I'm going to seam seal, Eastwood on the inside, then fog them with Cavity Wax, based on the recommendations of @jeepndogs

Bought a new door... My driver's had rusted badly in the folded seam
View attachment 89368

Found one for cheap. Picked it up today. 7 hours round trip, but worth it. No rust. It will need paint, but I will do a quicky spray job until I'm ready to do the whole body.
View attachment 89369
View attachment 89370
Pretty good deal if it's the door I'm thinking of!
Too bad I didn't know you were only about 4 miles from my place.....could have met up!

Pretty good deal if it's the door I'm thinking of!
Too bad I didn't know you were only about 4 miles from my place.....could have met up!
It is. He mentioned that you might have come over to help me load up and take my money, but his dad came instead. I wish I had know I was that close. Would have loved to check out your rig and shop!

Took the top off, but now it looks like it is going to rain. It takes forever for warmth/diminished rain to start here.

View attachment 89447

I took my windows out and put my sunroof back yesterday. This morning I took off like that but was a bit to cold so I turned around to go get my uppers for the doors, figuring I would just run those this morning. On the way back to get them, it started raining. Now I have the sunroof closed and windows all back on. LOL Can't wait for the weather to be more consistent. :D

Fixed broken wire on 4wd switch, lockers working now. Hollowed out cat for temporary fix for severe loss of power and going topless next few days. Loving sunny weather. 79 C10 is my official hard top storage until I clean out a little room in the garage 768627EF-82E9-4B39-8BC1-262F5C3357EC.jpeg4294E6DB-FA23-40CB-B381-38FC5FA12FA0.jpeg

It is. He mentioned that you might have come over to help me load up and take my money, but his dad came instead. I wish I had know I was that close. Would have loved to check out your rig and shop!
Ahh!
We'll do it next time, maybe we can coax you down to the Attica Badlands.

Took the TJ to the Ocala National Forest. Did about 20 miles on an ATV/jeep trail. Had to stop once to remove a small tree down across the trail and again to move a very large soft shell turtle. Perfect day, 72° and low humidity. View attachment 89507View attachment 89503View attachment 89505View attachment 89506
This is one of the reasons why this forum is so cool. I love seeing others wheel and seeing things I probably wont ever see and sharing. I don't think I would ever imagine seeing a turtle on the trail, but I am really happy you shared this with us! Very Cool!