What did you do to your TJ today?

I put my top down all the way for the first time today. Does that count as what I did to my TJ today. LOL
62Umvq5lQY6NWWIG147eQw.jpg
bebK%gu0TQiOiJiJ2sDV2Q.jpg

I spent the evening cutting out the bulkhead installed by a previous owner. Nearly three hours carefully cutting through the bedliner and sealant holding the bulkhead to the body. Bedliner sure is a pain to cut. Now I can install a rear seat and the passengers will have leg room.
Cutout.jpg
AlmostThere.jpg
MissionAccomplished.jpg

I put my top down all the way for the first time today. Does that count as what I did to my TJ today. LOLView attachment 89973View attachment 89974

I have not done that yet. Weather has not allowed it. I know it's been down and down a lot, as the fading of the interior only gets that way from exposure. When I talked to one of the sales managers at the dealership where I work, he knew the guy that traded it in. Said he used to see it running around town all the time with the top down. We need a couple good rains to get all the pollen washed away so my allergies will subside. Then, it'll be time. Took the rear window out the other day and about died, LOL.

Thanks! Im getting a bit antsy about driving her as shes been in the garage way too long. Looking forward to summer! I see youve been tripping lately. Looked like great places to explore.
Yeah, i decided i need to get out in the dirt more. Of course the washer and dryer aren't working right and my wife's car isn't running right and I still have one side of front u-joint/unit bearing/axle shafts to do and...

Reactions: matkal
Awesome lets do this! Well if I don't destroy my Jeep at Moab! haha
I’m probably unavailable until late May or early June but I’d love to get together for a trail run. I’m jealous that I can’t join the trip to Moab. Let’s do this for sure. We should make a new thread to see if we can get any more of the local guys to join us. I’d even be willing to host a BBQ with cold beer on tap and hot wings after the run if anyone is interested. I’m in the southeast valley so it would probably be on the way home for everyone else.

Reactions: dudehitt and ac_
I’m probably unavailable until late May or early June but I’d love to get together for a trail run. I’m jealous that I can’t join the trip to Moab. Let’s do this for sure. We should make a new thread to see if we can get any more of the local guys to join us. I’d even be willing to host a BBQ with cold beer on tap and hot wings after the run if anyone is interested. I’m in the southeast valley so it would probably be on the way home for everyone else.
Damn. I won't be back until end of July. Drink a few for me.

For sure, but maybe we do a crazy late Monsoon run so @Boinked can go with us. You know in the rain with the tops on and the ac blowing haha.

Nothing cool here, just spending time putting it back together after years of neglect. My "cheap" Jeep is going to put me in the poor house $20 at a time...

Found a spot in the garage to work on it.

Discovered the wonders of being able to reach stuff by opening the hood all the way.

The stereo was complete dead when I bought it. Turns out it was just grossly miswired. The power lead was hooked to a speaker, the ground wasn't hooked up at all, etc. Boy1 learned how to use a multimeter.

The windshield was smashed when I bought it. I replaced it, and Boy2 gave me a good coat of Rain-X and replaced the wipers for me. Especially important since I have no windshield sprayer right now.

The day started out with me cutting oil drainage slots in my Dana 30 for my air locker. I was getting oil up through the airline into my compressor. The oil drainage slots didn't get cut in when the locker was originally installed. I'm getting pretty good at disassembling my front end! LOL! Then I made a pull out tool box.