What did you do to your TJ today?

Reinstalled my OE columbia edition fender flares. The xenon flat flares warp like no other. Not sure why I even bother to purchased them in the first place. The painted OE fender are sweet!

Also thrown a set of quadratec chrome lug nuts on along with mcgard wheel locks.

20190518_164623.jpg

Reactions: RussTJ
I took my wife's 15 JK sport jeep and got spoiled, it gets 22 MPG at 80 mph...I don't care what anyone says, that 3.6 rocks and gets so much better mileage than my LJ 4.0...with an extra 100 horsepower. I just wish there was a 3.6 swap kit available for the LJ, it is much smaller than a v8 and it runs awesome...

IMG_0425.jpg

I took my wife's 15 JK sport jeep and got spoiled, it gets 22 MPG at 80 mph...I don't care what anyone says, that 3.6 rocks and gets so much better mileage than my LJ 4.0...with an extra 100 horsepower. I just wish there was a 3.6 swap kit available for the LJ, it is much smaller than a v8 and it runs awesome...

View attachment 94459

I had a 2012 AWD Journey work car with the Pentastar, it was great.

My wife had '14 Town and Country minivan with that engine. We were getting about 24mpg at 60-70mph. In town around 20. Lots of power in a small package, but when it starts trying to jump out from under the hood when you start it up in the mornings for a minute or so until it decides to settle down, it's time to move on. She found a late model Volvo crossover with a turbo 4 that she liked better. But since I got the LJ, she's looking at getting a Wrangler for herself. JKU though. Her elderly mom lives with us and we drive her around when she needs to go somewhere.

But I'm not a fan of the Pentastar V6's durablility.

Reactions: Techbrute
Yeah, a paranoid California cop was the basis of that article, you are more likely to get shot by road rage than have some dweeb from the TJ forum track you down...Hell I would just PM you if I have a question.
Not sure why you say the CHP Officer is a "paranoid California cop". A concerned citizen called the CHP office to ask for information. The Officer gave that person facts about a murder and other helpful information.

Reactions: Jack72
I have a Doctorate of Management in Homeland security, 97% of cops are paranoid. It has been studied and researched and a known fact that cops are paranoid and willing to lie to get a conviction. I have read the research and studies for some of my research about some of those honest enough to admit it when it was being performed.

I have a Doctorate of Management in Homeland security, 97% of cops are paranoid. It has been studied and researched and a known fact that cops are paranoid and willing to lie to get a conviction. I have read the research and studies for some of my research about some of those honest enough to admit it when it was being performed.
I think you are confusing paranoid with cautious. They have a Target on their chest while trying to serve the public. Would you like your daily work tools to be a bullet proof vest and a gun on your hip?

8 years army so Yeah i get the concept of their job, my wife calls me paranoid, I just try to do things completely and be prepared, cops are hired based on their level of paranoia. Until community policing has become popular, the psych test were designed to pick out candidates with those traits. It is slowly changing but there is enough of the old guard out there that I will stick with my original statement.

Reactions: Five and DrDmoney
8 years army so Yeah i get the concept of their job, my wife calls me paranoid, I just try to do things completely and be prepared, cops are hired based on their level of paranoia. Until community policing has become popular, the psych test were designed to pick out candidates with those traits. It is slowly changing but there is enough of the old guard out there that I will stick with my original statement.
Wow! "cops are hired based on their level of paranoia" You really believe that??

Wow! "cops are hired based on their level of paranoia" You really believe that??
Why yes, I have researched the studies of cities with policies that used psych exams, the officers had to have enough paranoia but not too much. Enough gave them what some would call being Savvy in identifying criminal activity, too paranoid makes them potential killers and too fast to use excessive force.

There is also an empathy factor, too much empathy or too little was considered that a person was not an eligible candidate.

I'm not making them out to be anything. He is making them all (oh wait 97%) to be paranoied liers.
I am not making them into anything. These were SELF REPORTED answers to questions when researches went into law enforcement organizations and that was what the OFFICERS ANSWERED to the interviews and questionnaires. Most people (including law enforcement) will be honest if their information is kept anonymous for these studies. I did not personally conduct them, but the data is out there if you are in that realm of research. My research focused on Cold Weather Error Management, I used law enforcement, aviation, military and oil workers to participate. All of my participants are in high risk and high visibility jobs that allows little to no margin of error.

Reactions: derekmac