What did you do to your TJ today?

Replace leaking hardtop rear glass seal (oem) and added weather strip to the tailgate to hold glass closed
20190521_185152.jpg

20190521_185144.jpg

Barricade, or Fishbone, I think. It’s just like most others out there. The locking mechanism on it clears everything fine but I am going to have to figure out a way to lock it. Went to a store the other day and came out to it opened, when I know it wasn’t when I went in. I know it didn’t bounce itself open because it’s solid as hell and doesn’t move or wobble at all. The carrier part doesn’t touch any of the bumpers at all, so I’ll have to fix that too I guess.

View attachment 94876
put some of that never drying blue dye on the handle, Prussian blue...it makes the perp look like a bank robber and it does not wash off and takes months to wear off! just use gloves when you open it yourself, nitrile ones.

• Haha
Reactions: Fixer6 and Kiwi TJ
I relocated the 3rd brake light wiring yesterday in order to make better use of the tailgate. Had to wire it up twice though because for some reason black on the tub connects to white on the tailgate???
View attachment 95165

Drilling holes in the tub sure does come easy after a while :ROFLMAO:
How difficult was it to change out the stock taillights for those round ones...?

Reactions: DrDmoney
How difficult was it to change out the stock taillights for those round ones...?
Not that difficult at all. You need to measure a few dozen times to make certain you're centered / even on both sides, drill a large hole with a hole saw, add a new ground (I used a self tapping screw into the wheel well, and solder the new connections to the existing harness.

Not that difficult at all. You need to measure a few dozen times to make certain you're centered / even on both sides, drill a large hole with a hole saw, add a new ground (I used a self tapping screw into the wheel well, and solder the new connections to the existing harness.
Oh its that's easy?? thought there was more to it than that haha... and the old holes are all covered or cut out as well ?
Reminds me of the older CJ's, love that look.
Do you remember where you got them from?

Reactions: DrDmoney
Oh its that's easy?? thought there was more to it than that haha... and the old holes are all covered or cut out as well ?
Reminds me of the older CJ's, love that look.
Do you remember where you got them from?
The old mounting locations will be cut away when you drill out the new holes. I love the look. After following @Daryl on a run I had to do it.

The old mounting locations will be cut away when you drill out the new holes. I love the look. After following @Daryl on a run I had to do it.
I need to find out if they are allowed in New Zealand without the amber turn light.....I prefer the solid red.

Reactions: Alex01
I need to find out if they are allowed in New Zealand without the amber turn light.....I prefer the solid red.

Got you covered buddy!

Partsam 4" Inch Round Truck Trailer Led Tail Stop Brake Lights Taillights Running Red and Amber Parking Turn Signal Lights, Sealed Dual Color Round Led Lights w/Miro-reflectors Flange Mount (2Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5GFCCJ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Here’s the rubber grommeted ones,

Partsam 2Pcs Red/Amber Round led Trailer Tail Lights 16 LED Multi-Function Brake Stop Turn Tail Lights Grommet Mount, 4 Inch Round Led Tail Lights, 4 Inch Round Led Lights Trailer Truck Taillights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N8NGDPF/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
Got you covered buddy!

Partsam 4" Inch Round Truck Trailer Led Tail Stop Brake Lights Taillights Running Red and Amber Parking Turn Signal Lights, Sealed Dual Color Round Led Lights w/Miro-reflectors Flange Mount (2Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5GFCCJ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Here’s the rubber grommeted ones,

Partsam 2Pcs Red/Amber Round led Trailer Tail Lights 16 LED Multi-Function Brake Stop Turn Tail Lights Grommet Mount, 4 Inch Round Led Tail Lights, 4 Inch Round Led Lights Trailer Truck Taillights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N8NGDPF/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Cheers my friend....Thanks for the links. Im going to investigate with the local lawmakers here and see if I can pass the safety checks with just the full red tail-light like @Alex01 has. Its something to do with that silver centre that throws me :unsure:

Reactions: Alex01
Cheers my friend....Thanks for the links. Im going to investigate with the local lawmakers here and see if I can pass the safety checks with just the full red tail-light like @Alex01 has. Its something to do with that silver centre that throws me :unsure:

I know what you mean. mine are red only too.

EFE9CA52-34A9-4B37-8C51-E7BB57D06FBF.jpeg
D7A8948C-F150-4E42-9B53-7D7DB6027902.jpeg

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Yeah they do look so much better....I have seen American Imports running around with your standard red tail-lights but I have a feeling its allowed based on the year of the car. I'll do some digging.

Kiwi, you're good! The NZTAs VIMR (Wof rules) for lighting states the rear direction lamp " red or amber" https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt...of/general/lighting/direction-indicator-lamps

My lenses were replaced with Trucklites at some point and are red. No problems getting Wofs so go for it! would love to see it

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01