What did you do to your TJ today?

Look into my lens... you are getting sleepy, when I snap my fingers you will have an undeniable urge to spend time and money on your Jeep!
After the con I have the suspicion I'll feel under built compared to many of you and have the urge to spend more. :ROFLMAO:

I relocated the 3rd brake light wiring yesterday in order to make better use of the tailgate. Had to wire it up twice though because for some reason black on the tub connects to white on the tailgate???
View attachment 95165

Drilling holes in the tub sure does come easy after a while :ROFLMAO:

I think I have been convinced. My only question now is what about the license plate light?🤔 I was editing to say I could maybe fab something but thanks! @Alex01

Last edited:
I think I have been convinced. My only question now is what about the license plate light?🤔 I was editing to say I could maybe fab something but thanks! @Alex01

This is what I did for CHMSL and license plate light on my wife’s JKUHR, the plate is attached with LED light bolts and the plate light came with the relocation bracket

9B447E53-3F95-4F69-BB57-64DB58A1B0E5.jpeg

You might also be able to use those Light Bolt things. Basically, the 2 bolts that holds the tag on lights up.

I’m on a tear, two days in a row! Dropped mine off at the shop to replace the 3” body lift with a 1”, install new Old man emu “heavy duty” 2.5” lift, and add trailer hitch for my new cargo rack.

New bump stops too, the ones from 97 were effed.

Quadratec aluminum rack seems sturdy, pretty light and easy to carry around assembled.

I think the rain is over for a few days so i put the top down for the drive home from work. Got home and parked behind my wife.
Got inside, she's going to a school district board meeting. I say "do you want me to move the jeep?" She says "can i drive it?" I say "sure, you're wearing a hat."

She gets out to the driveway and says "cool, i get to drive it with the top down." She's getting pretty good at climbing in too after driving it all last weekend. At 5'2" it's not easy for her, even stock on 235/75R15 tires.

I'm starting to worry she likes it a little too much. I can't afford another one even though we do need a new vehicle.

Wanted to branch off from the ‘What did you do to your TJ today’ thread to give LJ owners a place of their own to post. With @Chris’s blessing, here we go.

I’ll start. Completely overhauled the cooling system in my LJ. Triple drained and flushed existing system with distilled water, completely tore down cooling system down to the block, scraped all gaskets, polished mating surface for new thermostat and water pump housing, installed new Mopar water pump inlet tube on new Mopar water pump, installed new Mopar water pump with Mopar gasket, cleaned water pump pulley and reinstalled, installed new Mopar fan clutch, installed new upper and lower Gates radiator hoses, installed new serpentine belt, installed new Stant Superstat thermostat, installed new Mopar temperature sensor/sending unit in a new Mopar thermostat housing, installed new Mopar thermostat housing, installed new Gates heater core hoses, installed new transmission fluid lines to a new Mopar radiator, installed new Stat radiator cap, installed new Mopar overflow tank, refilled radiator and overflow with a 50/50 dilution of new Zerex G05 and distilled water. Ran Jeep (in place in garage with no air flow through grill) and heat worked great. Temp stayed below 200 with A/C on. Going to let cool overnight and check levels again tomorrow. Saving all old, original parts as spares.

If anyone had any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I feel discriminated against . I don’t have an lj , now I feel minimalized and left out.

I’d like to see posts like-“ well , I cleaned that area outside between door and rear fender , it is a lot of real estate , you TJ guys wouldn’t understand how much more work these big rigs are to maintain. “

😄 just messing with the lj brotherhood man