What did you do to your TJ today?

Sweet color! Are those 32’s? For the angle of the pic if looks like your rear tire is not centered in the fender wheel. Appears to be forward of center. Are you on stock control arms?
Thanks man, I've been looking for an LJ in this color for awhile. They're worn down 331050's. I just bought this thing a couple of weeks ago and I know nothing. Haha, death wobble is terrible. I ordered a track bar, installed a steering shock (yesterday actually), and trying to figure out if I need anything else. I need an alignment too but I ordered some Walker Evans 501s and was going to wait until I got those on. They'll use the JK spacers, and I'll have all the parts on by then to get the alignment right.
I don't think the previous owner did a good job with the lift, because the front is the same way. I'm trying to fill in the gaps, I just don't know what I need. I'm a car guy trying something new, lifting vehicles is much different than lowering them haha.

Reactions: dudehitt and 04 LJ
Thanks man, I've been looking for an LJ in this color for awhile. They're worn down 331050's. I just bought this thing a couple of weeks ago and I know nothing. Haha, death wobble is terrible. I ordered a track bar, installed a steering shock (yesterday actually), and trying to figure out if I need anything else. I need an alignment too but I ordered some Walker Evans 501s and was going to wait until I got those on. They'll use the JK spacers, and I'll have all the parts on by then to get the alignment right.
I don't think the previous owner did a good job with the lift, because the front is the same way. I'm trying to fill in the gaps, I just don't know what I need. I'm a car guy trying something new, lifting vehicles is much different than lowering them haha.
Sweet, welcome. With a proper lift (correct components) you should have no DW as long as the frame/suspension is not wreck or tweaked. @Chris do you see what I’m seeing with the rear wheel looking forward of center? Thinking stock control arms (bad idea!) on a spring lift. Thoughts?

My MetalCloak fenders and sliders have been on my LJ for about 5 years now, and they needed some attention. Dings, scratches, some surface rust in places I didn't cover too well when I first painted them, the usual. So I pulled the sliders and flares off and decided to finally paint the front fenders to match the body. Didn't turn out too badly, and the color came fairly close to matching (Chrysler Ultra Silver Metallic rather than the correct Bright Silver Metallic, which I couldn't find anywhere local). Still need to repaint the flares and the sliders, but this was good enough for one day.

Before:
291.jpg

292.jpg

After:

293.jpg

294.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, welcome. With a proper lift (correct components) you should have no DW as long as the frame/suspension is not wreck or tweaked. @Chris do you see what I’m seeing with the rear wheel looking forward of center? Thinking stock control arms (bad idea!) on a spring lift. Thoughts?
Carfax was clear, I just think it's a poorly done lift, and it sounds like that may be the case haha. Walked outside with a flashlight and confirmed! Stock upper control arms front and rear. Lowers are new though.

Cleaned her up and washed the dust off the alien shade then decided to do an oil change. Oil change started off great, oil cap snapped on removal.
Appeared to be cheap replacement from p.o.
2D7BD1C3-108A-4B48-B6B0-9BA665FEA66E.jpeg
591D6547-D314-4611-933A-DED11453610F.jpeg

Local parts store had a replacement cap in stock so successfully completed the change. Was a hot day!

Reactions: TJ Starting
Gave it a quick wash, removed and hung the hard top (again this year), removed the doors, installed the summer mirrors, went for a drive.

It's friggin' unbelievable the first good day for summer mode driving is Memorial Day weekend. Got home ~1/2hr before a quick, but intense, storm rolled through.

Reactions: 04 LJ
What a beautiful Jeep. Wish mine was that new. What third brake light is that?

My son had my Jeep out with the new Rampage top on it. And it was leaking in at least two places too. I still need to double over the fabric on the header. And re screw it down. Long story. It's only screwed in with one layer of the fabric. Pretty sure it needs to be doubled over. Hasn't been hot enough to work on. So I think that's affecting the fit overall. Plus I'm not sure there's a good seam between full doors, surrounds and soft top.

My jeep came with a rampage, I don't have any leaks but plan on going the Trektop NX route next time

Reactions: dschwes and Fixer6
Gave it a quick wash, removed and hung the hard top (again this year), removed the doors, installed the summer mirrors, went for a drive.

It's friggin' unbelievable the first good day for summer mode driving is Memorial Day weekend. Got home ~1/2hr before a quick, but intense, storm rolled through.
Do you have a garage?

New stereo installed and tuned:
20190525_231713.jpg

It's a SONY MEXM100BT.
I picked it because it's a marine unit, so it's internally coated to survive humidity and externally sealed to survive being rained on.
Also has 40 watts RMS per speaker instead of the standard 22 watts. Had to run a separate wire to the Bussmann because it takes too much current for the stock wiring

Gave it a quick ve.

Dude, I'm in phoenix. It should be well into the 100s by now. Forecast says 84 tomorrow. I guess global "warming" is to blame.

Reactions: Blondie70