What did you do to your TJ today?

Reactions: KimsJeep
Took off what I could of the padding, will do the rest later. Can't wait to see what it looks like with all the padding off!

Also. My mirror fell off installing the Daystar dash storage!

727E70E2-0583-4124-AD09-C5A30555ACDB.jpeg

90C88E38-58A2-4CAB-9E99-F215C15483FB.jpeg

Finally got the time to put on the Spiderweb Shade I picked up from @toximus a while back. I was a little worried I wouldn’t fit under it (I’m 6’3”) but I juuust barely do.

So far it’s been great, really happy I scored this one. Much better than my old bikini top; which is now headed to Craigslist.

AB9507F2-7C1D-4FF5-9DBD-D16BCA02D33B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and toximus
What are you replacing it with?

I ended up going with the Banks cat-back. Price was great at $249 all-in to my door - ordered directly from Banks. Debated between this one and the Borla system, and went with the Banks because the Borla was a tad bit too aggressive for me, but would be great for someone who wanted a roar.

I opted for the black tip over the standard color.

20190601_152919.jpg20190601_152927.jpg

Over the last couple weekends I hacked up the savvy rock sliders to fit with the fenders. Dropped them off yesterday to be powder coated. Hopefully install them next weekend.

Today I drove it to Rock Junction and looked at other jeeps.

Reactions: 04 LJ and skrelnik
About to order the same set up too. Do you have any lift, or will the 31s fit stock?

No lift. Stock and still on original 15 year old coils. The wheels and tire for great. Widens the stance, no rub. They did stick out of the fenders about 2.5”. I replaced the flares with the 6” flares from Crown automotive. It was a pain but the result looks good and will not give me any hassles at inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put on UCF rocker guards. They are really just thick Rubicon guards but it'll work for me. Matt raised the price on these things over $100 after I ordered mine. It took awhile to get them, I bet he didn't want to make another set for the price I paid. I run his gas tank skid too, good stuff. I did the countersunk hardware myself, they ship with different fasteners. From a few feet away it looks as good as the rest of my Jeep.

slider.JPG

I finally installed my Saavy transfer case shifter, took off the Banks Monster cat-back and replaced it with a Walker Quiet Flow SS, plus cut off and installed new lower front control arms and eccentric bolts. Started at 6:30 AM and finish by 1:00.

No lift. Stock and still on original 15 year old coils. The wheels and tire for great. Widens the stance, no rub. They did stick out of the fenders about 2.5”. I replaced the flares with the 6” flares from Crown automotive. It was a pain but the result looks good and will not give me any hassles at inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's great news, I just ordered from Quadratec.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Reactions: 73Carlow
Installed the grab handle on the passenger side after buying torx sockets at home depot. (Don't buy auto parts store tools).

Drove around with my wife today. Delivered a couple of tshirts she made for a friend. Went downtown to the farmer's market. I always get excited to go then i figure that everything is more expensive than the grocery store and once i roast the veggies nobody can tell if they're better. Mushrooms looked interesting but I'm the only one that eats them. Came home with some spicy italian gravy, some spices, and some cute baby carrots.

The greens weren't so happy after hanging out in the topless jeep.

Hit up the local surplus store. Got a hat to keep the sun off my bald noggin. With chin strap so it won't fly off running topless.

They didn't have a desert camo version this nice. It'll do.

Went to a late breakfast. Became extremely lazy after all that food. I'll work on the jeep tomorrow.

Over the last couple weekends I hacked up the savvy rock sliders to fit with the fenders. Dropped them off yesterday to be powder coated. Hopefully install them next weekend.

Today I drove it to Rock Junction and looked at other jeeps.
Be sure to post pics of your new sliders when they’re done

Reactions: Powdermonkey