What did you do to your TJ today?

I feel the need for speed, so I planned on a great garage cleanup and working on my '69 Charger, but the week didn't go as planned and I came down with sinus/cold junk Thursday, so that ruined my 3 day weekend plans. Spent most of Friday inside and resting.

Saturday, decided to swap out the LEDs in the shift indicator, a/c control panel and cluster illumination. Put a green LED in the shift indicator, and even in the bright afternoon sunshine, I could tell it was going to be too bright. And it was. Removed the a/c control panel and on the 2nd bulb swap, something "let all the smoke out" of the panel circuit board. No idea what, but after taking it completely apart, one of the tracers on the board was in fact, smoked. Didn't want to spend $130 on a new aftermarket panel, since I'd already replaced the speed and select switches. Did the only sane thing, which was to solder all 3 bulbs together with a jumper wire and bypass that part of the circuit board. Got it all together and the cool white bulbs are just what I was wanting, luckily. My momma didn't raise no dummy. Decided to not press my luck on the cluster at this time.

Today, swapped out the green shift indicator bulb for a cool white and it knocked down the brightness enough to liver with. Odd though, because I think the cool white was listed at 95 lumen and the green at 53??? Not worried about it as much as before, so for right now, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Main thing I did today, was to remove the used SRC style rear bumper and install the Fishbone frame tie-ins along with all the proper number and size bolts that are supposed to be holding the bumper on, instead of the 2 lonely fasteners I put in, just to hold it on temporarily. Had to modify a couple of the holes in the bumper to line up, but expected that from all the reviews. Sprayed a little flat black on the rear crossmember before bolting it up, and dang it feels good to be a gangster.

Have been experiencing a strong raw fuel smell after cold startups and saw a spot under the left front of the tank after turning it around to work on the bumper. Going to have to drop the tank at some point and see what I see. So, I have that going for me.

I feel the need for speed, so I planned on a great garage cleanup and working on my '69 Charger, but the week didn't go as planned and I came down with sinus/cold junk Thursday, so that ruined my 3 day weekend plans. Spent most of Friday inside and resting.

Saturday, decided to swap out the LEDs in the shift indicator, a/c control panel and cluster illumination. Put a green LED in the shift indicator, and even in the bright afternoon sunshine, I could tell it was going to be too bright. And it was. Removed the a/c control panel and on the 2nd bulb swap, something "let all the smoke out" of the panel circuit board. No idea what, but after taking it completely apart, one of the tracers on the board was in fact, smoked. Didn't want to spend $130 on a new aftermarket panel, since I'd already replaced the speed and select switches. Did the only sane thing, which was to solder all 3 bulbs together with a jumper wire and bypass that part of the circuit board. Got it all together and the cool white bulbs are just what I was wanting, luckily. My momma didn't raise no dummy. Decided to not press my luck on the cluster at this time.

Today, swapped out the green shift indicator bulb for a cool white and it knocked down the brightness enough to liver with. Odd though, because I think the cool white was listed at 95 lumen and the green at 53??? Not worried about it as much as before, so for right now, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Main thing I did today, was to remove the used SRC style rear bumper and install the Fishbone frame tie-ins along with all the proper number and size bolts that are supposed to be holding the bumper on, instead of the 2 lonely fasteners I put in, just to hold it on temporarily. Had to modify a couple of the holes in the bumper to line up, but expected that from all the reviews. Sprayed a little flat black on the rear crossmember before bolting it up, and dang it feels good to be a gangster.

Have been experiencing a strong raw fuel smell after cold startups and saw a spot under the left front of the tank after turning it around to work on the bumper. Going to have to drop the tank at some point and see what I see. So, I have that going for me.
I love the way our Jeep's give us clue's as to what to do next....like the gas leak issue you have. At least it stop us TJ owners thinking mmmm what shall I do next ? :rolleyes:

The sun was out so went for a drive.
Jeep ramp.jpg
jeep ramp2.jpg
DSCN0986.JPG

Spent most of the day “Down Under” the Jeep that is. Armoring up it’s delicate under bits with al-loo-mineum mate.

View attachment 97415
I've had my eye on that setup from UCF for a while. What lift do you have on your Jeep? Matt recommended his trans mount even with the "no body lift" transfer case skid plate due to my 2 1/2 inch suspension lift. I've read about the UCF Low Pro mount inducing vibrations so never pulled the trigger.

I've had my eye on that setup from UCF for a while. What lift do you have on your Jeep? Matt recommended his trans mount even with the "no body lift" transfer case skid plate due to my 2 1/2 inch suspension lift. I've read about the UCF Low Pro mount inducing vibrations so never pulled the trigger.
It’s a 20 year old Rubicon Express 4.5” RE7000. I used a standard mount, it pushed my trans up a little but no vibration felt. I would do the GenRight or Savvy crossmember before the LowPro mount.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I just replaced the subwoofer last week. Some prior owner moron put in a cheap 4ohm speaker and it barely worked. Replaced it with the 2-Ohm Kicker and with the Bass Boost on the aftermarket stereo, I have to lower the bass on the eq to 0-db's. It puts out plenty with the stock amp, and i'm not planning on swapping the amp. Might add one for the other speakers though.

Reactions: skrelnik
I just installed a set of Rugged Ridge rock sliders. I like the low profile square step that gives it an integrated look. Quality is decent. Only issue is with the install directions. If you look around the internet, a lot of reviews indicate that 6 nutserts are needed but the package only includes 2. Well that’s because the directions have the sliders installed backwards. If installed correctly (opposite side of directions), zero nutserts are necessary on my 01. Only 03 and above require the single nutsert. Even Extreme Terrain shows them installed backwards because of the terrible directions. Be warned.

2E4DF0EF-32BA-4DE2-B91F-E249756659D5.jpeg

C7434B65-50C8-4688-82F4-5117D6077F7E.jpeg

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I just installed a set of Rugged Ridge rock sliders. I like the low profile square step that gives it an integrated look. Quality is decent. Only issue is with the install directions. If you look around the internet, a lot of reviews indicate that 6 nutserts are needed but the package only includes 2. Well that’s because the directions have the sliders installed backwards. If installed correctly (opposite side of directions), zero nutserts are necessary on my 01. Only 03 and above require the single nutsert. Even Extreme Terrain shows them installed backwards because of the terrible directions. Be warned.

View attachment 97651

View attachment 97652
I like that look especially with that kicked out ledge..... but now you need to paint your fenders as they stick out like a porcupine in a nudist colony.;)