What did you do to your TJ today?

Took the doors off for some extra fun today.
20190604_193142.jpg

15597020466185765223568388312963.jpg

Installed a JKS adjustable track bar this weekend. I think the jeep already had an aftermarket track bar, but I'm pretty much just replacing everything and it looked pretty gaffed up anyway.

View attachment 97768

View attachment 97769

Drilling out the frame mounting hole to 9/16. Had to drop the tie rod in order to give myself room to drill. Noticed my ball joints don't look so hot, ordering Teraflex HD ball joints.

View attachment 97772

Snapped the axle mounting bolt completely in half while torquing it to spec. Not sure what happened, but I'm thinking it was just a trash aftermarket bolt. Went to 5 different stores to find a bolt that matched, but I couldn't find a grade-8 and the one I got is just as sketchy as the one that snapped so I ordered an original factory bolt and flag nut just to remove all doubt. Still waiting on those to come in the mail, but the mystery bolt should hold in the meantime.

View attachment 97770

View attachment 97771

If you count the amount of trips to Lowes, Home Depot, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, and Oreillys I had to go on, it took me about 8 times longer than it should have to install this.

Your mystery bolt is a metric equivalent of a grade 5

Reactions: RipSteakface
Re-glued the seam above the front seats on my Rampage Trail top, again. Took the wife to go get a bite for lunch, and it was raining. On the way back, water poured in on her head all the way back to the house, and that’s the wrong answer. I really like the way it looks on the Jeep but damn, the quality is hammered dog manure. Air/water leaks at the header ends, seam coming apart repeatedly, geeze! I will not ever recommend this thing to anyone. They may be great on the newer two doors, but this one sure ain’t. Customer service is zero. No return phone calls, no answered emails. Hell, I even have an authorized distributor down the road that said he’ll call me as soon as he hears from them. So far, nothing.
If I have to fix this thing to make it usable one more freakin time, it’s going in the trash.

Re-glued the seam above the front seats on my Rampage Trail top, again. Took the wife to go get a bite for lunch, and it was raining. On the way back, water poured in on her head all the way back to the house, and that’s the wrong answer. I really like the way it looks on the Jeep but damn, the quality is hammered dog manure. Air/water leaks at the header ends, seam coming apart repeatedly, geeze! I will not ever recommend this thing to anyone. They may be great on the newer two doors, but this one sure ain’t. Customer service is zero. No return phone calls, no answered emails. Hell, I even have an authorized distributor down the road that said he’ll call me as soon as he hears from them. So far, nothing.
If I have to fix this thing to make it usable one more freakin time, it’s going in the trash.
A good reason to buy on Amazon. Unfortunately.

Reactions: DrDmoney
A good reason to buy on Amazon. Unfortunately.
Fortunately, the top was a gift. I had to buy the header and tailgate bar, so I’m not out a whole lot if I have to toss it. But I damn sure won’t buy a cotton-picking thing Rampage makes again, if they won’t stand behind their product. Ship me a new top, sans the windows. I’ll ship this one back to them. Do the right thing. I pulled this one out of the box new.

Did you have only one shoe off when you took some of those shots.?? ...I noticed that some of the photos are on angles ;)
Stunning pics though....
Lol most of those photos were taken by our friends, at first I just assumed they were tilted in their jeep on the trail but I think she just was having fun with the photos.

It’s hiding under a tree right now because we have major storms at the moment, but I managed to install new to me H4 70/75watt headlights I got from @toximus . Had to park it as soon as I got them in so I haven’t seen what they can do, but they reflected off of the stop sign 100 yds from the house. I’m gonna say they’re better than my stock. 😂😳😂

Working on my Tj mirror movers so they will work with Cj mirror arms and mirrors. The right one might be difficult. Supposed to pick up my Tj tomorrow. I’ll start a build thread when I get it home from the shop.

Reactions: TJ Starting