What did you do to your TJ today?

I have coil springs waiting to be installed and I feel like I’ll have the same experience as you. It always ends up that way with EVERY install/repair.
And I had to add an inch and 3/4 spacer on top of the taller OME springs to get it to sit level with the winch. I'm pleased with the result over all for sure.

And I had to add an inch and 3/4 spacer on top of the taller OME springs to get it to sit level with the winch. I'm pleased with the result over all for sure.
I have the OME heavy duty springs. I have a winch and planning on upgrading the front bumper. You needed 1.75” spacer to level it out? I was thinking 0.75 tops.

I have the OME heavy duty springs. I have a winch and planning on upgrading the front bumper. You needed 1.75” spacer to level it out? I was thinking 0.75 tops.
I measured from the same groove on the front and rear tires, the rear is 8 exactly and the front is just a little over 8, so essentially level.

Reactions: jazngab
I changed oil today.

While I was waiting for it to drain, I decided to try rotating my driveshaft to reduce the vibrations at highway speeds. I've been chasing the cyclic vibrations others have described. They start at 45-50 and get noticeably stronger at 65-70. Balancing both driveshafts didn't fix it. I downloaded the app suggested in this post and it seemed to suggest a driveline vibration. My math says the driveshaft frequency should be 52.6Hz at that speed but that's with the 660 revs/mi from Goodyear's website. I'll have to measure my tires rolling radius to see if that's accurate.

I used the app before rotating the driveshaft and these are the 2 samples I got at 70mph.
70mph-control-sample-1.JPG 70mph-control-sample-2.JPG

After rotating the front driveshaft 180° to the front axle yoke, these are the 2 samples I got at 70mph. The vibration seemed to be gone at 45-50. While still present at 65-70, it felt noticeably less intense.
70mph-after-sample-1.JPG 70mph-after-sample-2.JPG

The capture on the left below was at 75mph after the driveshaft rotation. The capture on the right below was at 0mph with the engine at idle.
75mph-after-sample-1.JPG Idle.JPG

I'll get more butt dyno time on my drive to work Monday and I may try doing the rear driveshaft as well sometime but I'm hopeful this has fixed one of my bigger annoyances!

Well, it’s a two day thing, but, made my wife’s nephew wrench on the Jeep, taught him some stuff and let him torque all the lug nuts. He even helped change the oil.
9F635A9F-7340-4347-A58B-C481AC12461E.jpeg

Today, we went wheeling, he had a blast and got a first hand lesson in Jeeping.
CCC7508A-4BF3-486C-A454-8CAC2D101837.jpeg

And to top it all off, we took on some water, he may have panicked a bit but we had a good long laugh. I wish I could post the video, I had 3 inches of water in the tub, took some time to get it drained.
Overall, it was a good day.
7E230F92-B93B-4564-910B-10773D5E82EB.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Finally took the hardtop off last night, a month later than usual. Drive to work this morning was heavenly! I re-purposed my Spidy shade to function as a windjammer. It actually works quite well. @Jerry Bransford, you can set the seats all the way back and the bungees allow some stretch and doesn't impede your rear view.
View attachment 99330View attachment 99331
How do you like the spider shade as a windjammer?? That's a great idea!!

Took my youngest out to the black sand beaches of the rugged West coast..cracker day (hard to believe its Winter)
View attachment 99546View attachment 99547View attachment 99548View attachment 99549

The 'dimples' are the nesting area of Gannets.....off season right now
View attachment 99550

And Heron came in for a look too...
View attachment 99551
I spent 60 days in Auckland when Air New Zealand got the 787 and spent many afternoons at that beach. What a beautiful place it is. Also put 9000 miles on the car driving all over the country. Visited Bilbo and went on a Hobbit hunt. A great time was had.

ANZ.jpg

bilbo's home.jpg

hobbit1.jpg

Last edited:
Removed my front bumper ‘rubber bumpers’ with a sawzall and sidegrinder. Today I’ll start back on my bodywork. Also replaced 4 of the 1/2 x13 non s/s
5327E936-488F-4089-8A0F-11034FBCE90E.jpeg
bolts with s/s bolts on my rear bumperettes, need 4 more but couldn’t find any long enough.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
That's the exact spot mine failed a few years back. I was a few hundred miles from home so now I'm running a aftermarket replacement from autozone.

That's where mine failed too, on the way to Moab. Put a O'reilly's special in at Moab. it lasted 20K miles. Lower tank started leaking at the crimps. Replaced it with a Mopar unit. Warrantied the O'Reilly's unit, so I have a brand new POS in storage you can have when yours craps out.

Reactions: Fixer6 and Alex01