What did you do to your TJ today?

Took it out exploring some of the forest access roads and power lines in Manchester State Forest. So much dust! I've got a lot of interior cleaning to do now. Seen turkey, a red fox, turtles, and an eastern hognose snake. He didn't like my LJ as much as I do. And apparently, I have a ditch and didn't know it.

View attachment 97402
View attachment 97403
View attachment 97404
View attachment 97405
View attachment 97406
View attachment 97407
View attachment 97408

View attachment 97409
View attachment 97410

That's such a beautiful color of Jeep and interior. What color is it?

Looks like it's high time to change it out! Nice catch before it got any worse!
Yep, it was trashed. In fact, the cap that's popped up had no roller bearings in it (surprise) and this is what the other three looked like. It wasn't making any noise, at least not that I could hear over my tires, and wasn't really noticeable in steering either.
3e893f9a1154d4f619258804c369a928.jpg

Yep, it was trashed. In fact, the cap that's popped up had no roller bearings in it (surprise) and this is what the other three looked like. It wasn't making any noise, at least not that I could hear over my tires, and wasn't really noticeable in steering either.View attachment 100719
Ugh. It will be smoother after you are done.

Body work done on my turn signal move and cut and bent some aluminum angle for my home made tonneau. Still waiting on the tonneau hinges, Sony radio, s/s headlight bezels and sun visors to arrive. Only have a week before my knee replacement. Trying to get as much knocked out that I can.

View attachment 100680
You have a picture of the body work done for your turn signal move?

Pardon the bondo work, my first serious attempt. Hoping to get the whole jeep repainted this fall so he can make it prettier then. I cut the aluminum plates out of scrap diamond plate and milled the backs on my HF mill to make them thinner. The round signal installs were not hard at all, drill your hole, clean it up, file 6 notches -3 in the grille and 3 on the housing, paint the cut metal and wire them up. Push in and turn. The old bulb housings fit fine in the Jk [?] housings but I did have to add some wires to get things to reach. All that brown packing paper that Quadratec uses came in handy.

39F75855-F5B2-43CB-8A5B-6BCC16D4DC0C.jpeg

8F76B9D9-0711-4C4E-A85A-430131CDFDDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Pardon the bondo work, my first serious attempt. Hoping to get the whole jeep repainted this fall so he can make it prettier then. I cut the aluminum plates out of scrap diamond plate and milled the backs on my HF mill to make them thinner. The round signal installs were not hard at all, drill your hole, clean it up, file 6 notches -3 in the grille and 3 on the housing, paint the cut metal and wire them up. Push in and turn. The old bulb housings fit fine in the Jk [?] housings but I did have to add some wires to get things to reach. All that brown packing paper that Quadratec uses came in handy.

View attachment 100802

View attachment 100803
I would like to do that but my winch would block them. Looks great.

Reactions: AndyG
I took mine for a 30 mile drive yesterday, before and after adjusting the rear axle pinion angle, so I still have a drive shaft drone and vibration but it is better than it was. It has sealed Spicer joints and they were fairly dry, I added some grease but they should be replaced, but not until I do my other upgrades. When I am going around a curve, I get wheel hop that starts into death wobble. I also have a brake hose that wont stop seeping. I may have to pull the hard line and see if there is some debris in the connection.

I have a few small dirt mounds in my yard that I use as my testing ground, they are about 3-4' high, the jeep just goes right over them with no drama, popping, or rubbing, I guess I got bumpstops right. I still am going to do a UCF tummy tuck, atlas and 44's with lockers. I also need to mount the winch.

A few other things I noticed is that the NSG transmission howls louder in 5th and 6th than the tires. Maybe some new gear oil, but I think the main shaft bearings are toast. I also found that i like the stock stereo. It has fairly decent sound and I can dim the display.

Enjoy every moment
Seems like it was only a month ago I could snuggle him up on my chest, he's 3.5 now and it’s going way too fast. I want him big to hunt/fish and just do boy stuff, but I really enjoyed just snuggled up napping.
Believe me, everything I do is to spend time with him, I’m hunting a pull behind camper so we can take Momma camping with us; Momma doesn’t do army style camping.
He’s always wanting to help!
12EB595A-F760-41C2-B548-9F1072F03149.jpeg

Last edited:
Went wheeling in the state forest and during some 4Lo maneuvering the fan clutch apparently died and it boiled over about a gallon of coolant based on how much it kept sucking in from the catch tank when I topped it up at home.

Seems like it was only a month ago I could snuggle him up on my chest, he's 3.5 now and it’s going way too fast. I want him big to hunt/fish and just do boy stuff, but I really enjoyed just snuggled up napping.
Believe me, everything I do is to spend time with him, I’m hunting a pull behind camper so we can take Momma camping with us; Momma doesn’t do army style camping.
He’s always wanting to help!
View attachment 100823
That’s so awesome .

Hold them while you can , because there comes a day.

Little fellars need dads.

You guys come to the Jeep invasion late fall in gatlinburg late August .