What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally got around to painting and installing my new Warn bumper. Just needs a winch on there now. I found this thing on Facebook Marketplace for $50 one day. Also found the matching rear bumper w/ tire carrier for $150
View attachment 106336
View attachment 106335
Man what a steal on that bumper. I’ve been eyeing that same one up on amazon for months now at $300. Just can’t do it

I was just looking at some that mounted there and it looks like with the doors on they will swing enough to hit mirror unless strap is adjusted way back. Or do you pretty much swap mirrors around as you take doors on and off? not sure, never did it or really paid attention to how anyone has. :unsure:

You meaning like a clip on(so to speak) mirror when you go door less?

They will hit the mirrors. I have my door straps adjusted to where my door doesn’t go past 90* and they don’t hit. My only complaint is the loss of visibility with the doors on. Without the doors, the mirrors are in a great position. I’ll be going to a “drop in” type of mirror more than likely. Something that just sits in the top door hinge.

Reactions: Rollin20z
Man what a steal on that bumper. I’ve been eyeing that same one up on amazon for months now at $300. Just can’t do it

Keep an eye on Craigslist and Marketplace. You never know what you might find. I was worried about how I was going to like having the wider bumper. Still a little undecided on it but maybe I’ll find another deal someday haha

Reactions: matkal
Day trip to parkies with our beags. Going to finally replace old spark plugs in a bit
-7716519234880875644.jpg

Picked up a set of half doors. When I talked to the guy he said they matched his Shale Green 04 (didn't have my jeep to drive over and color match test) but I knew it was too good to be true with the tan interior panels. Bought anyway.

Long term I will probably paint them but for now they look pretty good for the price.
IMG_20190727_125023.jpg

Just today got it waxed, got that heavy winch off,(it helped the stance) oil change and attached the front licences plate to the bumper. But for the last few months it was had the frame repaired, removed all the surfaces rust from the underneath. that sucked with a wire wheel and a grinder. We had it under coated. put all new brakes,rotors, calipers, drums,wheel cylinders, hardware and brake lines. New coil springs, replaced the mirrors, took off some lights. Now it's my oldest sons. He sure will enjoy this at college and going back and forth from drill. A few before and after pictures

FB_IMG_1564250708856.jpg

FB_IMG_1564250702283.jpg

20190727_135929.jpg

20190727_140115.jpg

Also took out the front drive shaft in prep for Monday's delivery of my Tom Woods front shaft and removed the PO's stupid red LED floor lighting (why?)he damn switch was mounted low on the dash and I kept hitting it with my right leg :cautious:
20190727_151835.jpg
20190727_151827.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Removed and cleaned the throttle body and the IAC motor. Although I recently hit 100K miles, this wasn't something that really needed doing because the engine is running fine, just had the urge to mess with the Jeep today. Things were dirty enough inside to justify the effort, though.

Before. Not heavily encrusted inside, just a light coating.
20190727_113451[1].jpg

After. Didn't bother to clean the outside too much, I think that red mud is now fused to the metal, and anyway, it'll just get dirty again...
20190727_130841[1].jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Picked up a set of half doors. When I talked to the guy he said they matched his Shale Green 04 (didn't have my jeep to drive over and color match test) but I knew it was too good to be true with the tan interior panels. Bought anyway.

Long term I will probably paint them but for now they look pretty good for the price.
View attachment 106690
Those are my exact color and interior panels haha, let me know if you want to trade for my black ones haha

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I took the front bumper and fog lights completely apart and painted them. What a huge difference. Prepped with dawn, acetone, adhesion promoter and SEM trim black. Then I got the flu. And had to put them back together this weekend.

Then decided after completely refurbishing the fog lights. That I wanted to put the yellow Hella 500's on. Glad I did. Had to hardwire the lights. As both connectors were female. And I didn't have any male connectors. So I just joined the wires with couplers (can't think of the correct term) and covered them in shrink tubing.

I have end caps for the front bumper - someplace. Story of my life.

Next up is the rear bumper and removing the tow bar in the back. That will have to wait until tomorrow or next week. As the tendonitis in my elbow is at max about now. Gotta let it rest. Or go get a cortisone shot.

BEFORE:

20190706_120643.jpg

AFTER:

20190727_150852.jpg