• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

What did you do to your TJ today?

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Ride of the Month Winner
Amazon suckered me in with a limited edition less than 10 left blah blah Factor 55 winch nipple. Now I need a chrome roller fairlead to keep it from clashing with the Warn logo. Should’ve put more thought into that...
View attachment 109814
How do you like that new style Warn cover? My old Warn neoprene looks gawd awful and needs replaced.

All 4 Wheelin'

TJ Enthusiast
Took my TJ for a drive to the summit of Mt Spokane. 5883 ft. Ok, so it's paved to the top but it's still a nice drive.

Highest spot on the mountain.
0814191342a.jpg

That's Twin Lakes in Idaho in the background
0814191346.jpg

Looking at Spirit Lake in Idaho. Used to be alot of good wheeling in that valley until Inland Paper closed it down.
0814191400.jpg

Now you can access it with a yearly $50 permit and you can only drive on maintained roads.

All 4 Wheelin'

TJ Enthusiast
Took my TJ for a drive to the summit of Mt Spokane. 5883 ft. Ok, so it's paved to the top but it's still a nice drive.

Highest spot on the mountain.View attachment 109925

That's Twin Lakes in Idaho in the backgroundView attachment 109926

Looking at Spirit Lake in Idaho. Used to be alot of good wheeling in that valley until Inland Paper closed it down.View attachment 109924
Now you can access it with a yearly $50 permit and you can only drive on maintained roads.
That certainly didn't load right.

Baltimoreed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Installed a pair of paracord door pulls on Ripley. Went with red/blk cord pulls to match my roll bar grabs and steering wheel cover. Also replaced a bunch of the broken plastic door clips. Planning on some red accents on the upgraded seats.
EDF5DA51-7063-4D9D-B74A-FEF694B7E7CA.jpeg

Last edited:

JP761

How do you like that new style Warn cover? My old Warn neoprene looks gawd awful and needs replaced.
I really like it. I wasn't a big fan of the neoprene style because (in my mind) it seemed to do a better job keeping moisture in than out. This keeps the winch dry, and the back side is mesh so it breathes well. Sturdy material too, it wipes clean. I would buy it again for sure.

Reactions: JeepZilla380

JP761

Put the hood scoop onto my Rubicon.
This may sound silly but I liked the earlier TJs having the 3 grill slots going across opposed to my 05 having 1.

View attachment 110118
I like that! I can't say I've seen a snorkel/intake kit like that before- I haven't really looked at those too much though because I thought they all were a little too much. Honestly, if I think there's a chance I'm going to need to suck air from above my windshield, I'm not going to attempt it. This is cool though.

xxdabroxx

TJ Enthusiast
I like that! I can't say I've seen a snorkel/intake kit like that before- I haven't really looked at those too much though because I thought they all were a little too much. Honestly, if I think there's a chance I'm going to need to suck air from above my windshield, I'm not going to attempt it. This is cool though.
Unless you relocate your filter/ intake all that scoop does is cover the HVAC air intake in the cowl.

DaveC

TJ Enthusiast
So that hitch is part of the braking system? Never seen that before. Interesting
Yep; discovered it in another thread here on the forum. It's basically a surge or inertial brake. After researching, I really liked the mechanical aspect vs the electronic varieties that are proportional brakes and tie into the Jeep's electrical system. Less opportunity for failure and, while still not cheap, much more cost friendly.

Rollin20z

TJ Enthusiast
Yep; discovered it in another thread here on the forum. It's basically a surge or inertial brake. After researching, I really liked the mechanical aspect vs the electronic varieties that are proportional brakes and tie into the Jeep's electrical system. Less opportunity for failure and, while still not cheap, much more cost friendly.

Sure you got the right one ? This one is for TOAD vehicles. 🤣

Well in description it is. Title is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveC

MRChiefE7

We have used the Ready Brake system for a number of years now. I think you need to adjust the cable a little. You are only to have approx. 2" of slack in the cable when attached. The way you have it when you make a turn to cable will/may bind at the ball hitch causing it the brake the cable. You may also need to add a brace to support/raise the cable above the ball hitch to keep the cable from catching on it when you make a turn.

KimsJeep

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Pulled over on the side of the freeway to put the top back together. LOL I was going down the freeway and looked back and my rear corner of my top was flapping in the breeze! I was running with the Bestop sunroof back and no windows. Got pulled over to put the corner back in and noticed it pulled down way to easy. I looked to see if the mid section was pinned in, and noticed the pin was completely gone. I had to close the sunroof to continue on my way.

I just got done emailing Bestop to see if they can send me a new pin, actually 2 I want a spare. Going to suck not being able to use the sunroof. LOL

Driver side pin now missing in action. LOL

43ZdoW3eSNyAq13cW1nu1g.jpg

Pin I'm talking about. (passenger side).

XBSF7D88RneMN462pYgqKQ.jpg

I was going to put a bolt in it for now, but I found out that I can't. The hole doesn't go all the way through. I hope Bestop will take care of this and fairly fast. I will have to put the top down all the way to go topless and I really like just running the sunroof. :D