What did you do to your TJ today?

New tires last week
7.50R16s, Old Skool
It'll be skinnier than an SE soon.

DSC_0014.jpg

Now to cut another 2" out of the AEV Flares.
DSC_0025.jpeg

Well besides the previously mentioned order of the O2 sensors, you guys motivated me with all of the work you have accomplished on your rigs and I just got in from treating a couple of minor rust spots on my half doors with Rustoleum rust converter. The spots were really small (rub spots) and I thought it was worse than it actually was. After cleaning the area it only took a dab or two with a q-tip dipped in rust converter to take care of it.

I wasn't totally lazy today.

Installed the Currie Currectlync and got an alignment. Totally ‘non-sexy mod’ but the steering feels a little better and it was on my to-do list after going up to 35’s (along with the chromoly axle shafts I changed two weeks ago). Tummy tuck is next on the list but gotta give the ‘fun account’ a little time to recover...
D4379C69-680D-48B1-AD05-1EEB16A4DE1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Today, replaced the torn factory Sub with a Kicker CompRT 43CWRT672. This fit right in the orginal mounting location and sounds great!
This is after driving for a week now with a replacement PCM from Flagship 1. I'm not a shill for them, in fact was not happy with their feedback response, but the PCM that finally arrived after 12 days seems to be working fine. Now I just have to get the SKIM code programmed into the PCM.

Don

Ostensibly, I was only going to be changing out some stock interior bulbs for LEDs today. But then this happened last evening:
View attachment 106845
Our son has saved up to buy his first car. He’s been looking for a TJ, but this YJ was too good to pass up. 95 Rio Grande. 135k, a lot of those miles were flat tow by the original owner, the second owner kept it as a light duty weekender. The top is immaculate. Bupkis for rust, tub or frame. Interior is much better than you’d expect for a 24 yr old vehicle. The dang fenders aren’t even faded. So no TJ things. It was father/son detail a YJ day.
Tell me this isn’t the face of pure joy:
View attachment 106846
I cannot think of a better way to spend a day.
Great find and what I great way to get into the Jeep scene... love that interior....and you son happy as a dog with 2 tails. Best of all is that he saved for it and paid for it himself...(y)(y)

Finally got "my" new stereo finished install. I say "my" because after picking out all sorts of speakers and amps and then finding "better" speakers and amps several times I finally decided to go with what all you guys say to go with. Polk speakers, Kicker sub and amp, etc. Well, it is FREAKIN' AWESOME! So glad I went with what you guys said. It all works together perfectly. Haven't even had to adjust the fader or balance. So Thank You once again.👍👍👍👍

Installed the Currie Currectlync and got an alignment. Totally ‘non-sexy mod’ but the steering feels a little better and it was on my to-do list after going up to 35’s (along with the chromoly axle shafts I changed two weeks ago). Tummy tuck is next on the list but gotta give the ‘fun account’ a little time to recover...
View attachment 106943

Turn the adjuster clamps upwards👍 Dont want to smash them into the rocks!

Reactions: DrDmoney and afmoto
I made somewhat of a dream wishlist on Savvy's website. I think I could just about swing it if I sold my DRZ-400 that I never ride. Not 100% sure if I would need the SSSYE if I went down to 3" springs from 4 with the body lift to fit the TT (I want to stick to 33" tires for a while). That would save a good amount of money, I'd still likely need a driveshaft though. Pretty unlikely it would happen though, I have a hard time selling stuff.

1564420763906.png

Got them installed: Tom Woods front CV drive shaft and Body Armor safari doors...and then the rain came and ruined the my thoughts of a drive with the new doors. Oh, well, I have work to do anyway. There's always this weekend.

20190729_180358_HDR.jpg

20190729_181558_HDR.jpg

15644439302899201077501293811636.jpg

Zero vibes all the way up through 75+ with new front and rear Tom Woods CV drive shafts. Hope still the same after I remove the transfer case drop once I get my Savvy adjustable CA's.

what's wrong with your lights?
They are off alignment...The bracket at he back of the headlights that adjusts the angles etc is loose and some of the small screw threads are stuffed. I thought I had fixed it but nope. I think I may have to buy 2 new brackets from the US. Not sure where or if I can get even get them.
Every time I go there its always something wrong with my lights or they've changed the rules and mine don't comply, pretty frustrating to be honest.
And if it doesn't pass its illegal to drive it around and of course the insurance company wont cover me in case of an accident, not worth the risk to drive it around.