What did you do to your TJ today?

Got bumpers painted yesterday. Plus did some wire wheeling and painting of the frame and cross member while bumpers off. Time to install bumpers today.

Also, going to take rockers off today and paint to match bumpers. Should've done that yesterday but help nephew replace rear shocks on his XJ. Yep, the broken bolt experience lives true. Was able to drill out and rethread.

20190831_223013.jpg

20190831_223019.jpg

20190831_175325.jpg

20190831_175310.jpg

20190831_175305_HDR.jpg

Ordered fully adjustable Savvy control arm set and rear track bar Friday. Can't wait to remove tc drop. Have an adjustable rear track bar already but has a heim joint that is looser than Courtney Love. Makes noise every time I go over a bump while turning. JJ should work better (and sound better thru no sound 😉).

When I bought this rig, I thought, man, thats exactly how I wanted mine to look. However, I seem to be undoing much of the OP's work and redoing lol...

You going to park her [your Tj] in the front yard, remove the top, fill the bed with topsoil and plant a rose garden in her? It’s eventually gonna go over 29000 even if you only drive to church on Sundays. Jeeps are indestructible as every part can be replaced. Re-Build it ‘better, stronger, faster’, I’m sure it won’t cost 6 million, just feel like it. Jeep on.

You going to park her [your Tj] in the front yard, remove the top, fill the bed with topsoil and plant a rose garden in her? It’s eventually gonna go over 29000 even if you only drive to church on Sundays. Jeeps are indestructible as every part can be replaced. Re-Build it ‘better, stronger, faster’, I’m sure it won’t cost 6 million, just feel like it. Jeep on.

Nah, just want to get it in the shop, clean up the surface rust, swap in Dana 44, higher gears, etc without needing to worry about having to drive it daily.

Sounds like Melissa McCarthy with a little pent up road rage there at the end. :ROFLMAO: Damn lady drivers can't get there stuff in gear. Must be all the pink trees distracting her. :LOL:

LOL, yah, can't stand when someone does 15mph in a 35mph LOL. Guess I should take off the audio recording part of the system. LOL :D

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
Yah, that is a nice one. I thought about a mirror style one but honestly I was going for cheap in price range. I also like the camera on the back. The mirror style one looks like it only records in the cabin of the car and the forward cam.

Today I got to test mine out. It survived being parked in Walmart parking lot so, so far so good. LOL It doesn't record to bad. I think I can actually set the resolution to record even better, I haven't played with it too much. There are also light settings and all, again, haven't played with it. In the videos the trees come out pink. LOL I live in a fairytale town. :D

I do like that it records both front and back. It keeps a folder for both. Only thing I have
noticed is the sensitivity for "Locking" the video is pretty sensitive. It's supposed to lock it if it feels a jolt. Well, it's a Jeep, it has lots of jolts going down the road. LOL Not to big of a deal, but just means I will probably have to clear the SD card more often. If it doesn't lock them, it would just loop over them when the SD card is full. Again, not that big of a deal.

Here is a really short video of the front camera. I had to trim it down to about 9 seconds for it to load onto the forum.

View attachment 112289
Where are all the crazy Russian drivers???

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ

I ended up out there when just driving around a few weeks ago. a hidden gem.
the way i ended up there was less fun. Went out for a dive in the sun after work and drove straight north then went straight west, ended up passing nexteer (not familiar with the area) and ended up in the slums of saginaw, my way out i went south and stumbled across it. nice place, roads were all very narrow and dusty out there.

Reactions: matkal