What did you do to your TJ today?

Ordered fully adjustable Savvy control arm set and rear track bar Friday. Can't wait to remove tc drop. Have an adjustable rear track bar already but has a heim joint that is looser than Courtney Love. Makes noise every time I go over a bump while turning. JJ should work better (and sound better thru no sound 😉).

When I bought this rig, I thought, man, thats exactly how I wanted mine to look. However, I seem to be undoing much of the OP's work and redoing lol...
'has a heim joint that is looser than Courtney Love' hahaha that cracked me up!!

Reactions: taylormade73
Finally got around to replacing my fire extinguisher after my awesome house fire.

IMG-1964.JPG

Got the Currie rear trac bar today and installed tonight. Took 2 phone calls to Currie and 2 trips to the hardware dept. Still not satisfied with Currie's answers or job. Will take back apart and redo this weekend. Needed to get it together to drive for now. Not my daily but wife might say move that heap at any given moment lol.

20190903_205510.jpg

On Sunday I pulled off my intake and exhaust manifolds, cleaned the throttle body and intake, painted new exhaust manifold with that Eastwood silver hi-temp paint, cut out entire exhaust system back to the tailpipe. New gasket, bolted everything back up and installed that Quadratec Flowmaster exhaust.. without dropping my transmission skid (as I read you're supposed to do). Everything bolted up perfectly but wasn't able to start it up. Dang battery was toast (it's 6 years old and wouldn't take a charge anymore) so I ordered one of the highly-touted Odysseys that's arriving on Thursday.

Edit.. I also cut out new waterdams for the doors since my originals are pretty worn and useless as far as adhesion abilities. Marine grade vinyl.

jeep_waterdam1.jpg

jeep_waterdam2.jpg

Last edited:
How much lift do you have and how was the adjustability of the JKS bar? I have 4" springs and am need of a new front track bar badly. Got any install pics?

2.5”, strictly speaking it wasn’t required for my lift but I was replacing all the front end components with beefier alternatives anyway.

It adjusts pretty easily and seems to move in small enough increments to be able to dial in pretty easily. No pics of the install, but it’s pretty quick and easy:

* Remove oem: loosen the castle nut and axle nut, hit the mount with a BFH a few times until it drops (or if you prefer use a ball joint separator or a pickle fork)
* Drill out the frame mount with a 9/16” bit
* trim down the cone sleeve to fit flush
* bolt it all up
* grease

2.5”, strictly speaking it wasn’t required for my lift but I was replacing all the front end components with beefier alternatives anyway.

It adjusts pretty easily and seems to move in small enough increments to be able to dial in pretty easily. No pics of the install, but it’s pretty quick and easy:

* Remove oem: loosen the castle nut and axle nut, hit the mount with a BFH a few times until it drops (or if you prefer use a ball joint separator or a pickle fork)
* Drill out the frame mount with a 9/16” bit
* trim down the cone sleeve to fit flush
* bolt it all up
* grease

Thanks. I just bought a 2002 TJ and it came with a Skyjacker lift and Skyjacker front track bar. The track bar is awful. It actually mounts, per the Skyjacker instructions, in the steering stabilizer bracket.

So obviously I am replacing it. I'm thinking of going with the JKS bar and I just wanted to ensure it had enough length and adjustability to mount properly with my 4 inch lift

Reactions: RipSteakface
Thanks. I just bought a 2002 TJ and it came with a Skyjacker lift and Skyjacker front track bar. The track bar is awful. It actually mounts, per the Skyjacker instructions, in the steering stabilizer bracket.

So obviously I am replacing it. I'm thinking of going with the JKS bar and I just wanted to ensure it had enough length and adjustability to mount properly with my 4 inch lift

I believe JKS has one for 1-3” lift and another for 3-5” - so you should have the option for whichever! Kind of stinks that if I go to 4” I’ll need to replace the track bars again...

Reactions: RiverDawg24
Not so much to my LJ, but for my LJ.

Added some ACE Engineering door hangers to my workshop. With the 2x4's the way they are, they will hold the doors with the mirrors on and folded all the way in. At least they did on my full doors, I don't have mirrors for these half doors yet. I ran some eye screws into the wall and the bracket I made to attach the bungees to, so the doors won't swing out.

I used to hang my full doors from those brackets up higher. I left them up because I use those clamp style clothes hangers to hold my side and rear windows when I have them off. It works well. The tube looking thing is my Clover Patch windows roll.

I've had the half doors for over a year now. I figure if they are easier accessed than they were when they were in the shop attic, I'll work on them and get them fixed up : )

Had to test fit one to see how they looked. I buddy of mine said he'd paint them Khaki for me. I don't know, I might like the black.

View attachment 110436

View attachment 110437

View attachment 110442

View attachment 110443

What half doors are those? I've been looking for some half doors that are solid... wife won't deal with the open bar look that most seem to be.

No pics, but I got my LJ scheduled for a bit of work...
-re-gear
-new front Chromoly axles
-avvy trans skid (tummy tuck woohoo)
-Motor mount lift
-gas tank lift an inch along with new savvy gas tank skid
-new exaust (get it tucked up out of the way)
-fix the gas burp issue (correctly)

Can't wait! Couple of weeks and it should be done.

What half doors are those? I've been looking for some half doors that are solid... wife won't deal with the open bar look that most seem to be.

They are factory half doors I bought off a craigslist seller in Georgia. They are from an earlier model TJ because they had the plastic track that the door seals slide into, instead of the newer version that didn’t have the plastic track. The newer ones just had the seals stuck straight into he doors.

Drove my TJ to our local ORV park for continuing test drives. TJs drive a lot different than CJs. I've had it for about 8 months and 4.5 of those were spent building it. Now that I have decent sway bar disconnects what a difference. So I continue testing to see what this jeep will do.
0904191310a.jpg

0904191311a.jpg

It's 7 mile orv in Spokane County. It's part of Riverside State Park.
yep I spent a lot of time there back in the day. I used romp around there in the early 90's in my giant blazer. Ah you are bring back some awesome memories. I wasn't a member of a Jeep club because mostly I had giant k5blazers, but I used to go back with them and do clean up runs. It was really fun. Gets really muddy in the winter time too. I miss Spokane! Probably one of my most favorite places to live, other than the -20 degree wind chill factor in the winter. I don't know if I could ever do that again, but I sure liked that city.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ