What did you do to your TJ today?

Turned 200K miles on the odometer.

FB5FFD1A-8C21-4C39-B38E-88366FFCCA1D.jpeg

Removed front drive shaft after noticing slight harmonic vibration following recent removal of tc drop and installation of 8 Savvy DA CA's. Got pinion angle dead on on front and with 0.1 on rear and still had slight vibe at 67+mph. Felt minor lateral play in front shaft (2 month old Tom Woods) so I removed it. Vibe mostly subsided. Put shaft back in and it was back. While wiggling the DS I noticed the play is coming from front UV joint on DS. The joint is moving (in and out directionally) inside the bearing cup. Will call TW tomorrow. Also have slight lateral play in front output yoke on tc. Not sure what to do with that.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Been finishing up the tonneau, I want some gas struts on it but for now I built a pair of supports out of a couple of scrap aluminum arrows, 3/8 steel rods, pieces of wiper arm and parts of a golf bag cart. Also been fabbing up a lock that will bolt to the tire hanger out of steel angle and a plate. I found some rust on my tire mount that I’ll clean up and paint next week. Then I’ll start on the hood latch mod, Tj to Cj. Pix tomorrow.

Is that an aluminum shovel?

Stainless steel. I used to carry one in the back but picked that one up 7 or 8 years ago and mounted it to the hood to keep dirt out of the back. It's been useful to have in the woods and around camp. The powder coat on the mount is starting to break down and rust underneath so I'm going to be making something out of aluminum.