What did you do to your TJ today?

Pulled the seats, center console, and everything else bolted to the floor out tonight. Tomorrow I'll be scuffing the paint and cleaning it with Xylene, and Sunday it's getting coated in Monstaliner.

Broke two of the seat mount bolts, snapped right off and had to drill them out. All the others came out nice and easy, but those two were seized up something fierce.

Front diff service. Luckily, no damage in there like in the rear. Also, the Lubelocker gaskets were a wise purchase!
20190927_140605.jpg

Replaced the hood latch rubber with the Daystar poly replacements. These things are tight; like I was a bit worried about breaking the plastic pieces tight! Haven't gotten it up to highway speeds yet, but 99% sure the hood flutter isn't going to be an issue anymore. Also got the rubber fender hood stops, because mine were smashed down, but the new latch is so tight that I ended up installing them on my GF's YJ.

20190927_175144.jpg

20190928_101056.jpg

Last edited:
I added one of these little guys to it, well I guess it is actually a girl. LOL :D. I have Alexa in my house and I love it. I would sometimes be driving down the road and think of something I needed to get from the store or whatever place and I was wishing I could just ask Alexa to put it on my shopping list. Well now I can. :D I just got it and installed it today. So far she is working great. I drove to the store and back and she heard me just fine when driving down the road. I do have the top on so it is quieter in there right now, so can't say how well she will hear me going down the freeway with no top, but will find out once I can go topless one day. LOL

She comes with a usb style power cord so I plugged it into my USB port that I installed in my dash, then ran the cord down along side the shifter console and she is just kind of hiding between the seat and one of my little passenger stuffed animals. LOL The idea is to try to keep her out of sight out of mind. I think later I am going to run a new USB port that I can keep under the dash, so one wouldn't see the wire plugged into the dash one. I also have thought about asking on Amazon if they will ever come out with a hard wire kit for her.

I guess the only bad thing about her, is now my battery on my phone will not last as long. LOL She works off of the phone's Alexa app and Bluetooths into the car radio. I do like being able to have her play music that I like and don't even have to touch the radio to do so. :D

31X1pWv1CXL.jpg

Today I replaced my rear lower control arms. I intended to do the front LCAs as well, but the driver-side axle bolt was the single most stubborn thing I've ever encountered. I had to use a floorjack not only to break the nut free, but also to very slowly turn it nearly to the last thread before I could use my brand new impact wrench to finish. I think the PO may have overtightened it to no end. A 1 hour job took 3. I'm exhausted.

I have a small bundle of wire hanging down from under the dash for a while now and curiosity finally got the best of me. LOL I finally crawled under to see what it went to. Apparently my Jeep and one of those ignition security systems. I have the same thing in my PT Cruiser and so I recognized the piece you wave the fob in front of. Weird thing is, I have never had the fob and my Jeep starts just fine. Not sure how they disabled it? Only wires I can see are the ones going to the fob receiver thing.

In this pic you can just see the piece that you wave the fob in front of. It's tucked under the air ducts.
dnmp2vDfTWS8px+3vHjBiA.jpg

This is a pic of the box.

QRIH3Nb6R6CT9RXTWH8QaA.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: reddvltj
I have a small bundle of wire hanging down from under the dash for a while now and curiosity finally got the best of me. LOL I finally crawled under to see what it went to. Apparently my Jeep and one of those ignition security systems. I have the same thing in my PT Cruiser and so I recognized the piece you wave the fob in front of. Weird thing is, I have never had the fob and my Jeep starts just fine. Not sure how they disabled it? Only wires I can see are the ones going to the fob receiver thing.

In this pic you can just see the piece that you wave the fob in front of. It's tucked under the air ducts.
View attachment 117724

This is a pic of the box.

View attachment 117725

I could be wrong but that doesn't look factory mounted. It looks like something someone added. I have no idea what it is but the mounting tabs just hanging not even up against anything and the connector is not like any others I have seen on a TJ. Looks like you could just pull it down in my opinion. Now I am curious lol

Changed the oil in the tranny. Used Red Line MTL. Not sure how well scheduled maintenance was followed by the two po's but the oil didn't look too disappointing. There was a bit of steel filings on the drain plug magnet and a bit of brass filings in the drain pan. I haven't had any shifting issues up or down and I haven't heard any abnormal sounds coming from the tranny.

I could be wrong but that doesn't look factory mounted. It looks like something someone added. I have no idea what it is but the mounting tabs just hanging not even up against anything and the connector is not like any others I have seen on a TJ. Looks like you could just pull it down in my opinion. Now I am curious lol

LOL, Yah, now you made me even more curious. :D It does appear to just be wedged in there. Maybe I will get brave and go see if I can get it out. I'm just a bit nervous because right now everything works and starts. I hate to jiggle it, and make it so I can't start it. LOL I'll post what I find if I get brave enough. :D

W
That always makes for such a clean look. I did that on my cj5. What did you do for the required rear side marker lights?
Right now I haven’t installed them yet , plans are to add 1” flush mount lights to the lower rear quarter panel.
I am also going to ad a small led tag light.