What did you do to your TJ today?

Ok, I put the soft top on, not ready to give in and put the hard top on yet..
Gave her a good bath and as you can see got her off road also ..😋🤪
Not to worry though, she was barely stuck and I got her out..

IMG_20191013_154627290_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191013_154644359_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191013_154750118.jpg

I've wanted to do this forever! What all did you have to take off to get them off? Those covers you painted that is...
All you need is a Philips screw driver.
There are 3 screws underneath the steering column...and to be able to tilt the steering column to be able to take out the top cover. My tilt was stuck in the high position trapping the top over.
Very easy if you tilt the column.haha..I cleaned the grease off them spray 2 coats of Plastic primer and 3 coats of satin black...done !!

Started off the day with the intention of replacing the front axle u-joints, realized I lacked 12 point sockets for the three hub bolts. Didn’t feel like driving the 50 mile round trip to get some. I can wait for them to be delivered Tuesday. Patience is a virtue after all, and it will give the penetrating oil more time.
I did mount a Phantom QuicKDraw for my gat. I wouldn’t use it off-road, but will work fine for DD. Then I spent some time helping my son clean and polish the vinyl windows on his YJ.

F2EB0942-FAE9-4C8F-A8DA-34CC277CBFD5.jpeg

FE397C4F-4CFE-4163-BE65-FD92F8076268.jpeg

Trying to find a squeak and also figure out why I almost died trying not to hit a motorcycle that pulled out in front of me. Jeep veered so hard under emergency braking the only thing that kept me in the jeep was my seatbelt. (Note, only have rear sway bar, not front. Broke bolts removing front doing winch install a month ago and was going to get an anti rock in Nov if I can find it one sale...) Anyway, Got lucky. Check your rubber folks! Do you think I can reuse it 😜

BFC8F76E-F822-4FD5-9239-A4A1889E871C.jpeg

B658ABDE-F852-47D7-922A-2730A614CB35.jpeg

Not so much what I did for the jeep but more about what I did for my back. Jeep assisted kayak hoist (y)

View attachment 119779
Nice job. 👍 I'm curious as to what rack you use for your kayak. I'm getting a bit frustrated in finding one I like and am thinking about making my own.

Also, I don't think I've seen bag/container/? like you have on your tailgate rack. Is there a tire hidden in there?

Nice job. 👍 I'm curious as to what rack you use for your kayak. I'm getting a bit frustrated in finding one I like and am thinking about making my own.

Also, I don't think I've seen bag/container/? like you have on your tailgate rack. Is there a tire hidden in there?

Uh, my kayak rack is the roll bar on the chassis. (Redneck?) I tie off on the brush guard, the tire carrier, and behind the front doors. Top down of course. I don't have to drive too far (or too fast) to the river. I've seen a few other guys around here do it, and I haven't had any issues yet.

Yeah it's just a tire cover. Nothing crazy.

Uh, my kayak rack is the roll bar on the chassis. (Redneck?) I tie off on the brush guard, the tire carrier, and behind the front doors. Top down of course. I don't have to drive too far (or too fast) to the river. I've seen a few other guys around here do it, and I haven't had any issues yet.

Yeah it's just a tire cover. Nothing crazy.
The roll bar works fine. I've done it too but only on good days.

Your tire cover looks like it has a square top but I think I'm seeing something in the back ground on the wall. An "optical confusion". 😊

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I replaced the tie rods, ends, drag link, steering damper, and front track bar.
I also started to replace the control arms. I was able to get the rear arms installed but the front cam bolts are seized in the bushings so the front arms are gonna wait for a bit.

I replaced the tie rods, ends, drag link, steering damper, and front track bar.
I also started to replace the control arms. I was able to get the rear arms installed but the front cam bolts are seized in the bushings so the front arms are gonna wait for a bit.
Those bolts are a PITA alright. I had to beat the crap out of them along with lube.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Those bolts are a PITA alright. I had to beat the crap out of them along with lube.

Huge PITA! I didn't waste a lot of time on them though. I saw that a lot of people, if not most, had the same issue so I just figured I'd order the bolts and cut them out next week once the new ones arrive. Hopefully that 'll be the main hang up. But I'm dreading the upper arm bushings at the axle too. Sounds like they suck.