What did you do to your TJ today?

20191021_205706.jpg

Got started on a cooling system refresh. Already have a new pump, radiator cap and thermostat installed.

Made a fan clutch removal tool from a scrap piece of the front bumper :ROFLMAO:

20191021_210008.jpg

Worked great.

20191021_210053.jpg

I asked a different question above, but just saw your post. Mine is a 99 TJ, but I'm not sure what year seats, or even if my seats have been changed or just reupholstered. I know they don't match as far as one has plain vinyl on the sides and the other is all cloth all the way across.

Mine neither slide or tumble when I pull on the loop. I can get mine to tumble but I have to reach underneath and pull (or push?) on the lever to do so.

I'm really thinking my seats are really messed up. LOL

I have a 2002, and I may be lucky, but all I had to do to get it working was replace the cable under the seat. I lubed the rails and pivot points while I had the seat out, but other than that it was a snap.

Before the fix, the tab on the upper part of the seat would fold the seat forward, but I had to push down on the lever under the seat to get it to tumble. While I had it apart I was trying to figure out how a cable on the bottom of the seat would do all 3 actions as it does not go up to the pull tab, but it does work. Only took about 20 minutes to do as well.

The frustrating thing is the 18" cable is too thin. I see what it breaks so easily, and at $55 for a replacement it is waaaaay to much money to keep doing over and over, so I hope this lasts for a while.

Reactions: KimsJeep
This weekend, I started handling the joys of Fall (a.k.a. dealing with the mountains of leaves that the trees drop on the yard). Fortunately, there’s a mulch drop-off nearby:

Jeep Leaves 1.jpg
Jeep Leaves 2.jpg

I was able to take 7-8 full bags at a time, which isn't bad considering how small the TJ is.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
Reactions: Equilibrium31
Yesterday I bought this,

View attachment 120902

And today I took this off of the funky mount it was on, and got it ready to install on the mount I bought yesterday. :D I was going to reuse the bolts that were in the big mount but the PO used several different bolt sizes and I can't stand that. LOL I will go get some bolts tomorrow and get it mounted. Then we will have to run power wire to the front and back of the Jeep. :D

View attachment 120904

View attachment 120905

I know it is not a Warn, but it was free so can't complain.

Think this hook is big enough for a recovery hook? LOL It was the one that was on it. As you can see I removed it. Will be getting a much smaller one. :D

View attachment 120903
Just an observation, but that hook looks like the type of Hook they use on flatbed wreckers for winching disabled cars up onto the flatbed, or a car trailer.

Judging by the looks of the old Mount that you have, that may be what this was used for at one time,

Had to throw my two cents in from someone who knows nothing about everything and something about nothing... 🤪😋

Worked on the winch again today. After finding out not only did the PO use different size's of bolts, he also used different thread patterns. There were 3 Metric and one standard. I thought that the bolts threaded into the actual winch, but when I got home with 8 bolts, 4 metric and 4 standard, I realized that there were square nuts inside, kind of like a MC battery set up. So, I went back and was going to buy 4 new square nuts and return 4 of the 8 bolts, but they didn't have any my size. The guy figured out why they used the one standard bolt. They had cross threaded the nut. So, I came home and found a tap and redid the nut and now all is well. :D Got it mounted!

k58I93v5QTSaKtRZ41P3Wg.jpg
ZUD4FVkzTlKemHrdlkx7xw.jpg

BUT, I don't think I will be able to use it with my current bull bar. I kind of did some rough measurements and it looks like the bull bar is going to be in the way of it sliding back onto the receiver that hubby welded on. Before I bought the mount I thought all I would have to do is move my light bar up to the top bar, but it looks like the mount is going to be to wide to fit.

Sooooo, I started planning. LOL I looked at this bar for a stock bumper and like it. But, I'm not sure if it will go over the receiver. Anyone have this bar? If so, can you measure how much gap is between the bumper and the bottom of the bar?

J104750.jpeg

I also found this bar. LOL Yah, I actually think I like it. :D Imagine it purple.......... can you see it? LOL It goes with my Bus's Roo Bar. :D

EDIT!!! I just ordered it. LOL Found it on eBay for 30 bucks cheaper and went for it. Hubby say's he can weld some tabs on it for my light bar if needed. :D All I can say is, Dare To Be Different. :D
146240.jpg

Here is a pic that shows the Roo bar. :D

cJYZ6pspRimwi1er8GN4Pg.jpg

Anyway, that is what I have figured out so far. :D

Last edited:
Just an observation, but that hook looks like the type of Hook they use on flatbed wreckers for winching disabled cars up onto the flatbed, or a car trailer.

Judging by the looks of the old Mount that you have, that may be what this was used for at one time,

Had to throw my two cents in from someone who knows nothing about everything and something about nothing... 🤪😋

Well, you are absolutely right. It was on a flat bed trailer and that is what they used it for. We will save the tow hook for hubby's personal tow truck. :D

Looks great..!!
What did you use on the front marker lights..??
I used leftover 3M head light restoration kit that I used on my wife’s accord headlight. But you can basically do it by sanding it down with fine grit sandpaper then apply a wax. The 3M kit gives you a bit piece that you use with your power drill to sand and buff.

Reactions: Daubie3
I used leftover 3M head light restoration kit that I used on my wife’s accord headlight. But your can basically do it by sanding it down with fine grit sandpaper then apply a wax. The 3M kit gives you a bit piece that you use with your power drill to sand and buff.

Thanks,
I'll add that to my ever-increasing list of things to do...

Got my warn m8000s yesterday. Found a really good deal on an open box Amazon. Installed it last night. It didn't come spooled, however. So I have to spool it according to their instructions for first time spooling.

20191021_213514_HDR.jpg

20191021_213545_HDR.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting