What did you do to your TJ today?

I ripped the bottom out of my Trasheroo in September so I decided to fix it today. I put a 4"-5" gash in the bottom when it got hung up on my trailer jack (oops). I closed the hole with rubberized Flex Tape and it's probably stronger now than it was in the first place.

I also put a Rubbermaid 10 gal. garbage pail in it (I had a spare one). It's going to be a lot easier to use now and it gives it a nice shape whether it's empty or full.

picture.jpg

Let me try this again. The oil pan has stud fasteners on each side of the pan. He could probably make some brackets to attach to one on each side.
I was able to figure out the first post you did but it is easier in this one. :D

I sent him a pic of the 144 dollar unit from Quadratec to show him the brackets that go up and attach to the engine block ( somewhere). That is one thing I like about Quadratec is they have instructions on how to mount most of their stuff. :D With out the instructions I wouldn't have known that one connects to the block. :D This at least gives him a place to aim for when putting more brackets on mine. :d

I was able to figure out the first post you did but it is easier in this one. :D

I sent him a pic of the 144 dollar unit from Quadratec to show him the brackets that go up and attach to the engine block ( somewhere). That is one thing I like about Quadratec is they have instructions on how to mount most of their stuff. :D With out the instructions I wouldn't have known that one connects to the block. :D This at least gives him a place to aim for when putting more brackets on mine. :d
Similar to the Teraflex version I have on mine.

Similar to the Teraflex version I have on mine.
The Terraflex one is the one I sent a picture of. I have a cheaper one that only attaches to the tranny bell housing. Don't know why it is pushing the plate into the torque converter? Unless the plate is bent and I can't see it.

If he takes to long to look at it, I may crawl underneath again and see if I can see if it is bent.

Cooling system flush, water pump, thermostat housing and thermostat. Also modified the Terra Flex Belly Up as with the 32RH it made contact on the rear “foot” on one of the support ribs. Sounded like the tranny was going out with the vibration.

The Terraflex one is the one I sent a picture of. I have a cheaper one that only attaches to the tranny bell housing. Don't know why it is pushing the plate into the torque converter? Unless the plate is bent and I can't see it.

If he takes to long to look at it, I may crawl underneath again and see if I can see if it is bent.
Tj owners do not like being without their Tj's.

Reactions: TJ Rubicus
I had a couple of areas with surface rust under the old carpet and lots of general greasy yuckiness. So I pulled everything out for a good cleaning, knocked down the rust (bonus: new angle grinder), and covered those spots with Rust Reformer. Tomorrow I’m going to grease up the front seat tilt/sliders, install new carpet from Auto Custom Carpets, and get everything back together.

View attachment 124179

FU - Go Paladins!

Reactions: ike_hike
TJ owners day - woke up , ate, farted around , went to bed

LJ owners day be like -

Woke up crazy early
Ate
Ran a marathon
Pulled my engine
Swapped my frame

Ate lunch

Rode the Rubicon trail, in reverse
Washed it
Saw a movie
Went to waffle house
Went home

Re geared it
Went to bed early , really busy day tomorrow
Sounds like my favoured slogan:
Goin the xtra mile - it’s never crowded 😊

Came across a good deal on some used Cooper STT’s for my mom’s TJ(06 w/ 42k miles) that’s gotten some of my old parts. Some 2” spacers and 31’s so far. I’m a sucker for used tires.. View attachment 124304

I usually do used tires a lot too. Hubby works at a tow yard and they get them from time to time. I didn't go used this time do to the fact I got picky! LOL

Your Mom has a nice TJ!! :D

This weekend I ripped out my Kenwood head unit and put the factory radio back in. It just looks like it “belongs.” I haven’t heard a CD skip, let alone played a CD, in years. So the first couple times I hit some bumps and it skipped definitely took me off guard lol.
2ECFEA25-9018-4FDB-8ED3-F6BD71A3C8E7.jpeg

I also moved my sub amp under the driver’s seat and put the factory jack setup back where the amp was originally sitting. I used this RCA converter and these wire taps to hook my sub up to the factory radio. No cutting of the harness required and it tucked away nicely behind the radio. Honestly the setup sounds kickass. I had a picture of the splice but somehow it got deleted.
E9A305ED-14C0-485D-B4F4-915E12C8D249.jpeg

The factory subwoofer plug is still there, so I connected the amp turn-on lead to the 12v power at the plug, so the amp powers on and off like the factory one would have with the radio. Very happy with how it turned out!

And I’m also very happy to know my jack setup is in my vehicle once again.
50273D92-FCAC-4AB7-9F12-EA771EB50016.jpeg