What did you do to your TJ today?

New fender flares showed up today instead of next friday like the email said, so I unbolted the old busted up front fender flares, banged all the sheet metal sorta straight...ish, and installed new eBay flat style front flares. Rears are more involved, and I'm gonna use the opportunity to put some tub armor on, so that will wait till next week...need to wait for hardware to show up.

New fender flares showed up today instead of next friday like the email said, so I unbolted the old busted up front fender flares, banged all the sheet metal sorta straight...ish, and installed new eBay flat style front flares. Rears are more involved, and I'm gonna use the opportunity to put some tub armor on, so that will wait till next week...need to wait for hardware to show up.
Maybe some pics?

Reactions: matkal
Finished my hand throttle install!

20191130_191223.jpg

20191130_140528.jpg

20191130_140519.jpg
20191130_191250.jpg

Cost:
Shifter--8
Shift Cable and Guide-10
Cable Lock- 3.50
Cable Detent End - 2
3/16 Fender washer: .25
Cable Guide- free.99 from bike store
Shim - free.99 from bike store

Total: 23.75
Feeling of accomplishment from piecing it all together: Priceless

Aside from creating a bunch of clearance issues the last couple days, got my TT installed, Savvy shifter cable installed, and locker pumps relocated. I used the OEM bracket plus the UCF relocation bracket to install on driver's side fender. Took a little extra time and cleaned up and painted everything too. Had to modify the front of the skid to clear the trans pan and use a pry bar to clear the cat from the tub. Changed TC fluid while under there as well. I like how everything turned out and looks...But, now have to install MML, modify spring perches or get brackets, create room for rear track bar, and get exhaust modded. Oh, the cost of clearance...

20191129_125856_HDR.jpg

20191129_125905.jpg

20191130_210902_HDR.jpg

20191130_210854_HDR.jpg

20191130_210847.jpg

20191129_190912.jpg

20191128_172509_HDR.jpg

20191128_172947_HDR.jpg

20191129_211559_HDR.jpg

20191129_202419.jpg

20191129_161633.jpg

20191129_175326.jpg

Also did the whole "electric tape around the sunvisor" trick to keep it from popping out everytime I hit a bump, worked like a charm.
Genius! Gets me thinking about something similar to mod my visors with the sPOD switch mount, maybe a small length of fuel hose...or something...hmmm

Oh yeah, the Embark with Mark YouTube dude modified his thumb throttle to deaden the noise from the tensioner handle/wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nordic
Replaced the radiator, radiator cap, water pump, heater hose pipe, thermostat housing, thermostat, coolant temp sensor radiator and heater hoses and put the constant tension hose clamps back on. I used all MOPAR parts. Wednesday I drained the radiator and refilled with distilled water and Prestone Flush. Drove it almost 3 hours worth between Wednesday and Friday night. Drained and refilled with distilled water 3 times today until everything coming out of the block and radiator were clear. I used the nipple on the thermostat housing for the heater hose to fill the block with distilled water during the flushes and 50/50 Zerex G05 and distilled water for the final fill. Each time I used a long small neck funnel to pour the water and/or coolant in and had no problems with air in the system or burping problems. I ordered a new overflow tank, but it won't be here until Tuesday.

I also changed out my leaky windshield washer tank.

Today I will leave the TJ in the garage. When I went out for my pre-dawn walk this morning I felt something crunching on the street, a few minutes later when a car drove by its headlights lit up tens of thousands of God’s death crystals spread far & wide by the good people of PENNDOT. You see, the forecast calls for 24 hours of RAIN with temps in the high 30s & low 40s all day with a possibility that the temperature MAY dip towards the low 30s TOMORROW so we all know what that means, time to dump 47,000 tons of salt on the roads, what other choice do they possibly have?

I’m not at all bitter about this :LOL:

Note the hour by hour temps & variety of precipitation & tell me if their plan makes any sense.

IMG_2730.PNG
IMG_2731.PNG
IMG_2732.PNG
IMG_2733.PNG
IMG_2734.PNG
IMG_2735.PNG

there's the snowflake at 7am tomorrow

IMG_2736.PNG

bastards

Today I will leave the TJ in the garage. When I went out for my pre-dawn walk this morning I felt something crunching on the street, a few minutes later when a car drove by its headlights lit up tens of thousands of God’s death crystals spread far & wide by the good people of PENNDOT. You see, the forecast calls for 24 hours of RAIN with temps in the high 30s & low 40s all day with a possibility that the temperature MAY dip towards the low 30s TOMORROW so we all know what that means, time to dump 47,000 tons of salt on the roads, what other choice do they possibly have?

I’m not at all bitter about this :LOL:

Note the hour by hour temps & variety of precipitation & tell me if their plan makes any sense.

View attachment 127296View attachment 127297View attachment 127298View attachment 127299View attachment 127300View attachment 127301

there's the snowflake at 7am tomorrow

View attachment 127302

bastards
Getting late in the year and have to get all of that stock used up so later this month when it is all needed the urgency for more will be there in turn increasing next years budget. Don't use it you lose it. what gets me in MD is that if they are even calling for a dusting or god forbid snow showers on friday afternoon you will start seeing salt/plow trucks loaded with drivers sleeping(at double overtime pay) in them sitting in medians and on side of road thursday morning.

Gotta love those tax dollars at work.

Around here, when they spread salt on the roads, if it rains very much without freezing, it just gets washed off the road. Plus around here, they just salt the main roads.

My mirror mounts were corroded very bad where the arm meets the mount (I had no idea they were break away mirrors because they were corroded in place) so I removed them from the Jeep and fully disassembled them. It took a leather mallet and impact driver to separate the arm from the base. Took a brass wire brush to all the parts then cleand and slathered them with anti-seize before reassembly. Not perfect, but good enough for the rest of the Jeep.

I forgot to get a before picture, but they look good and work properly now.
1575224278498.png

1575224309789.png

Last edited: