TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

What did you do to your TJ today?

GaTechTJ

TJ Enthusiast
After looking at several pictures on this website, I finally figured out how to properly install the boot on my shifter so that it doesn't move when I shift and leave gaps. Something little, but it was bothering me.

NDSpeed

TJ Enthusiast
I
After looking at several pictures on this website, I finally figured out how to properly install the boot on my shifter so that it doesn't move when I shift and leave gaps. Something little, but it was bothering me.
switched from my 5 spd to a six speed. Haven’t figured out the boot issue yet. Running the Jeep with a gaping hole.

7slotjunky

Today i lengthened my control arms in the back to as long as possible in hopes that it would correct my rear sway issue. It most certainly helped but i think i still need to dial in the front more. Gonna take some advice from my new friends on the forum and ditch the DPA, and hopefully b free as they say i will.

7slotjunky

Today i lengthened my control arms in the back to as long as possible in hopes that it would correct my rear sway issue. It most certainly helped but i think i still need to dial in the front more. Gonna take some advice from my new friends on the forum and ditch the DPA, and hopefully b free as they say i will.
I ended up lengthening the lowers on the rear by about 1.5". Totally straightend the bend in the springs.

7slotjunky

Hopefully you won't experience driveline vibration. I believe by lengthening the lowers you brought your pinion angle down.
I def did bring my pinion angle down. I kinda needed to as my spring saddles were at a drastic different angle and causing a bend in my springs. Straightened it right up and reduced my rear end sway. Im gonna have to get a SYE in the near future. Dont wanna wheel it too hard until i do.

All 4 Wheelin'

TJ Enthusiast
I def did bring my pinion angle down. I kinda needed to as my spring saddles were at a drastic different angle and causing a bend in my springs. Straightened it right up and reduced my rear end sway. Im gonna have to get a SYE in the near future. Dont wanna wheel it too hard until i do.
The other issue you might check is clearance between the diff cover and gas tank skid.

Reactions: Shamu

Viking Jeeper

Formerly known as "Mike the Silver TJ"
Supporting Member
installed a Homelink system for the garage door.

View attachment 134229
Very nice! I did the same but on the other side of the column and in a matching color so it would not be as noticeable. I also wired it up to be powered only with the ignition for those times I leave the Jeep in the driveway with no doors.

Last edited:

Viking Jeeper

Formerly known as "Mike the Silver TJ"
Supporting Member
Stuffed some 35's under the old girl.
Gotta love Discount Tire (at least my store), they gave me full credit for the 33's I bought in November and waived the mount/ balance fee.View attachment 134525
How did you pull that off? I cant imagine a tire store giving full credit, they have to sell the tires used.