What did you do to your TJ today?

TreverStevens

Knows enough to be dangerous
Supporting Member
I'm a day late on posting this, but my driveshafts came in the mail this weekend so I installed the rear, front will be put in its place possibly this weekend. I finished slapping the rear brakes and rotors on. Got the e-brake cables installed and dialed in. That was trickier than I had planned. Jeep is now "standing" on its own weight since about Oct.

1579058642520.png

Last week I got the 5.9 set in where it's going to live for the final time and mated to the trans. Just need to finish putting all the extras (alternator, steering pump, ect) put on.

1579058714494.png

Last edited:

bedhed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Did you use decals for all of the chrome? Where did you get those? I used a paint pen for the horizontal trim parts between the buttons, but I was hesitant to do the same for the knobs.
I didn't. Everything except for the white ring was painted. The decal was just temporary. It's just a cutout from some automotive vinyl wrap. I tried using it for those little chrome strips between the buttons, but it was a pain in the ass. Gave up and just used painter's tape to mask off everything. Then scuffed the chrome with some fine grit paper (3000-5000, I think). Then hit it all with a few light coats of spray paint.

I will be painting the rings though. I have a plan in my head, so it should make it pretty simple. I'll let you know how that goes.

Here's a closer picture to see how the strips and knobs turned out.

Screenshot_20200115-093120.png

Last edited:

NDSpeed

TJ Enthusiast
I
After looking at several pictures on this website, I finally figured out how to properly install the boot on my shifter so that it doesn't move when I shift and leave gaps. Something little, but it was bothering me.
switched from my 5 spd to a six speed. Haven’t figured out the boot issue yet. Running the Jeep with a gaping hole.

7slotjunky

Today i lengthened my control arms in the back to as long as possible in hopes that it would correct my rear sway issue. It most certainly helped but i think i still need to dial in the front more. Gonna take some advice from my new friends on the forum and ditch the DPA, and hopefully b free as they say i will.

7slotjunky

Today i lengthened my control arms in the back to as long as possible in hopes that it would correct my rear sway issue. It most certainly helped but i think i still need to dial in the front more. Gonna take some advice from my new friends on the forum and ditch the DPA, and hopefully b free as they say i will.
I ended up lengthening the lowers on the rear by about 1.5". Totally straightend the bend in the springs.

7slotjunky

Hopefully you won't experience driveline vibration. I believe by lengthening the lowers you brought your pinion angle down.
I def did bring my pinion angle down. I kinda needed to as my spring saddles were at a drastic different angle and causing a bend in my springs. Straightened it right up and reduced my rear end sway. Im gonna have to get a SYE in the near future. Dont wanna wheel it too hard until i do.

All 4 Wheelin'

TJ Enthusiast
I def did bring my pinion angle down. I kinda needed to as my spring saddles were at a drastic different angle and causing a bend in my springs. Straightened it right up and reduced my rear end sway. Im gonna have to get a SYE in the near future. Dont wanna wheel it too hard until i do.
The other issue you might check is clearance between the diff cover and gas tank skid.

Reactions: Shamu

Mike the Silver TJ

TJ Enthusiast
installed a Homelink system for the garage door.

View attachment 134229
Very nice! I did the same but on the other side of the column and in a matching color so it would not be as noticeable. I also wired it up to be powered only with the ignition for those times I leave the Jeep in the driveway with no doors.

Last edited: