What did you do to your TJ today?

Might as well. Touch up paint day

1575585042216285370863.jpg

Started decorating for Christmas. :D

Front is pretty much done.

View attachment 127844View attachment 127845

This was my original plan for a snowman.

View attachment 127842

I tied him to the footman loop on the hood, but after a short drive I didn't like how much he moved. So he is now on the back. I will buy another small figure or maybe another snowman for the other brake light tomorrow.

View attachment 127843

I'm also thinking about taking the spare tire cover off and wrapping the spare with garland to make a wreath out of it. I kinda like some of the other Jeeps I have seen that have done it. It will depend on how much the garland is. LOL I do have a wreath so I may just tie that to the center of the spare. Will obviously share pics when I get the back done. LOL :D
Love it Kim...I put a wreath 🇨🇽 in the centre on my spare last year...your certainly looks the part....Merry Christmas 🎄

Fitment was pretty good considering the sheet metal isn't the straightest...I have WARN sliders, and I had to slot the holes on the ends of each flare just a bit to get everything lined up, but just about everything else fit as expected.

View attachment 127848

View attachment 127849
That looks really sharp. What brand are the flares?

That looks really sharp. What brand are the flares?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=183747093286
EAG

The hardware is crap...comes with black oxide phillips head screws and fender washers with zinc plated flanged nuts.
I used the old front hardware, and on the rear I drilled out the tub and installed nutserts, then used stainless SHCS and stainless fender washers.

Pro-Tip..the harbor freight nut-sert tool does not like 1/4-20 steel nut-serts. It does the smaller sizes OK in steel, but for 1/4", you'll kill it....use only the tool only with aluminum nut-serts in 1/4".

Reactions: Blondie70
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=183747093286
EAG

The hardware is crap...comes with black oxide phillips head screws and fender washers with zinc plated flanged nuts.
I used the old front hardware, and on the rear I drilled out the tub and installed nutserts, then used stainless SHCS and stainless fender washers.

Pro-Tip..the harbor freight nut-sert tool does not like 1/4-20 steel nut-serts. It does the smaller sizes OK in steel, but for 1/4", you'll kill it....use only the tool only with aluminum nut-serts in 1/4".
Do the LED markers come with them?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Fender Flares 4pcs ABS Flat Style with Side LED Fit 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ. 1997-2006 JEEP WRANGLER (TJ) + 2004-2006 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED (LJ). No- drill designs on most applications make it quick and easy to install the flares in existing factory holes eliminating the need for costly...
rover.ebay.com

EAG

They look identical to Barricade flat flares, but Barricade wants almost double the $.

W

What did you use to strip the powder coat? I have some extra wheels for the Goldwing that the PO coated a gawdawful shade of white.
i just used
W

What did you use to strip the powder coat? I have some extra wheels for the Goldwing that the PO coated a gawdawful shade of white.
Jasco paint stripper from Home Depot. Just let it sit for 30 mins and scrape with plastic putty knife and a copper wire brush.. it took about 3 applications cause it was powdercoated. You should be able to accomplish in one if it’s just painted.. good luck👍🏻

Managed to get quite thoroughly stuck on the way out from elk hunting this evening.

Driving in this morning I didn't even realize we were on ice, the snow covered everything.

This evening, after 40°+ temperatures and light rain, when we came out, I dropped through the ice, to a soggy, soft bottom, and high centered on ice!
20191205_164620.jpg
20191205_164542.jpg

Glad to have a winch, tree straps and shackles!

20191205_164553.jpg

Managed to get quite thoroughly stuck on the way out from elk hunting this evening.

Driving in this morning I didn't even realize we were on ice, the snow covered everything.

This evening, after 40°+ temperatures and light rain, when we came out, I dropped through the ice, to a soggy, soft bottom, and high centered on ice!View attachment 127868View attachment 127869

Glad to have a winch, tree straps and shackles!

View attachment 127870
Nothing like a dirty little wench to help you out a sticky situation...sorry 'winch' ;)

I got around to replacing the soft top and windows. When I bought the LJ last month, I think the original top was still on it. It remained in decent shape, but it did take a beating from the AZ sun. I cleaned up the vinyl windows as much as I could with PlastX, but it was still difficult seeing out.

I looked around for a used option and came across someone selling an entire soft top assembly for $150. The guy said it was rarely used, and after installing it today, he did not lie. I'm guessing he optioned out both tops when he originally bought the LJ since the top came with an original Chrysler box from 2006.

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

Last edited:
I've noticed a very small leak from the rear housing of my SYE rear housing a while back, I think I didn't give the RTV enough time to cure before torquing to spec (as in no time). Yesterday I disassembled the rear portion of the transfer case, cleaned everything very well, inspected the inside (looked good) and was very meticulous during reassembly. Then let it cure for 24 hours. Put my ATF+4 back in today.