What did you do to your TJ today?

Changed oil and filter. Made the change from mobil full synthetic high mileage oil to a Mobil blended synthetic. $15 for 6 quarts I figured I’d try it out. Also going to mopar oil filters instead of whatever is on sale at Advanced Auto.
Did it come in the new cardboard box/bag? I’ve been wanting to try those

Not sure what box or bag you’re talking about lol. I bought the oil from BJs and the filter from Advanced.
Oops.. I was thinking of Havoline. Had to look it up again.
A156F4EA-FCBE-433B-9789-FAAB5337D965.jpeg

Reactions: jazngab
Wow that’s a helluva deal. Pretty much free lol. What was the first Craigslist score?

Yeah, I got really lucky.

Interestingly, the first "score" was also top related. I found a brand new unobtanium OEM "sunbonnet" top. It was a factory bikini top option, but the best part of this top is that it attaches to the windshield frame just like the OEM soft top does. So it's very easy to take down and put up and it works great in the summer time.

See my posts on this thread for photos:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/are-all-bikini-tops-created-equal.23843/

had high expectations on doing front/reaf diff and transfer case fluids today and only managed the front.
started with the front diff, fingers and toes went numb. wrapped up the front end work & called it a day. waiting for a warm up of a few degrees.

on the upside the oil that ended up in the pan looked pretty clean. (y) to the previous owner.

Over the last few days, I ordered a Dorman Transmission Pan with drain plug and Dorman Nylon Gasket to replace the brass one that comes with it after reading reviews of people having leaks with the brass, but not the nylon.

Tom, I put that pan (lubelocker gasket) on my LJ last year and no leaks around the plug, but I'm going to do another drain and just wondering if the nylon gasket worked good for you? would be a real pizzer to end up with a leaky plug.

Tom, I put that pan (lubelocker gasket) on my LJ last year and no leaks around the plug, but I'm going to do another drain and just wondering if the nylon gasket worked good for you? would be a real pizzer to end up with a leaky plug.

Yes, the nylon gasket has worked great; no leaks.

Reactions: riklyn
Actually, what I did for my TJ today has been going on for two weeks now but, here's my story. It all started with changing out a VERY porous fuel tank skid plate and it turned into swapping out the fuel module, new vent lines/tees, new Rancho RS5000X shocks including drilling out one of the top bolts, corrosion control, JK headlight upgrade with blacked out trim rings, new nuts and bolts, attempted to install new shock buffers (the bastards won't go into the new cups), and of course the associated prep/painting of new parts and a gallon of anti seize. It all culminated with me checking the toe in adjustment and finding it grossly out of spec (bought the vehicle used and was remiss in checking certain things). SO, Rooster has been somewhat gone through and hopefully will respond well to his TLC.

View attachment 128893

View attachment 128894

View attachment 128895

View attachment 128896
Another update:
I did the home shop toe in alignment and I'm pleased to say that it tracks straight as an arrow. The new fuel module works as advertised and I got a good long check flight in last night, HOWEVER, as it sat idling while I opened the shop roll up door, that frigging CEL came back on and I bet you anything the code reader will say #3 misfire. Grrrrrr!

• Wow
Reactions: reddvltj
finished the transfer case atf & rear diff fluid change tonight. rear diff was due, once i jacked up the frame and crawled under i suspected i saw diff fluid on the lower left corner (difficult to determine with fluid film), removed a bolt in the area and instantly started dripping really dirty nasty looking oil. looked like lack of prep work before applying the sealant as the majority of it just peeled right off without effort along with a lack of torque on all the bolts, all easily spun right out. i think Hercules must have put in all of my fill/drain plugs, they were all way beyond 25 ft lbs.

Just finished installing a dana 60 in my jeep 2 weeks ago. Saturday was our first rock crawling trail we did the hammers. The end of the day leaving the trail a newbie was trying to climb the last dirt road /hill and didn't make it maybe 30 ft tall hill really loose. I start to walkdown because I thought she would back down she let off the brake and started to roll back and then she punched it locked front and rear came flying up the hill I jumped behind by jeep and she hit my rear wheel as she started to slid sideways with her rear tire and snap. Pushed my axel over 2 inches, she gets out and says I hit your jeep it will be ok, she doesn't even know where the lockers are (ok maybe a little knowledge) and that's it no sorry , nuttin. I'm stunned at the lack of any awareness of anything. My wife who is pretty calm had her head rotate one full turn before she jumped out, well lets just say I had to dart her with a tranqalizer dart it wasn't an easy shot she was moving pretty fast. So now I'm doing it again hope she didn't bend the tube. how does that crap happen nothing ever got close to hitting my rear axel in 14 yrs than bam wonder women crashes in it. The rear axel build that never ended. Still waiting for a Sorry that ain't coming. Had to vent....

Just finished installing a dana 60 in my jeep 2 weeks ago. Saturday was our first rock crawling trail we did the hammers. The end of the day leaving the trail a newbie was trying to climb the last dirt road /hill and didn't make it maybe 30 ft tall hill really loose. I start to walkdown because I thought she would back down she let off the brake and started to roll back and then she punched it locked front and rear came flying up the hill I jumped behind by jeep and she hit my rear wheel as she started to slid sideways with her rear tire and snap. Pushed my axel over 2 inches, she gets out and says I hit your jeep it will be ok, she doesn't even know where the lockers are (ok maybe a little knowledge) and that's it no sorry , nuttin. I'm stunned at the lack of any awareness of anything. My wife who is pretty calm had her head rotate one full turn before she jumped out, well lets just say I had to dart her with a tranqalizer dart it wasn't an easy shot she was moving pretty fast. So now I'm doing it again hope she didn't bend the tube. how does that crap happen nothing ever got close to hitting my rear axel in 14 yrs than bam wonder women crashes in it. The rear axel build that never ended. Still waiting for a Sorry that ain't coming. Had to vent....
Don't blame you venting ..I'd be pissed:mad:

Reactions: Dilly Dilly
Since winter is upon us and the 06 TJ is seeing salt for the first time I figured I'd need some tunes. I wanted to keep a stock appearance to avoid a break in. Polk 4x6 marines in front with foam boxes and Polk 5.25 Marines in the sound bar with the stock covers, so far so good but
20191217_060009.jpg
they lacked bass. So an 8" Rockville sub went under the drivers seat. I have to say I'm very impressed with the sound fron the stock deck. My roof stays off all summer so I need a stock looking waterproof system.
20190611_134044.jpg

20191217_060026.jpg

20191217_055947.jpg

Last edited:
That's who I'm looking at for carpet. Did you get the mass backing?

Pretty sure that's ACC carpet. Check their website for color samples. Pics don't show correct color. And check Rockauto for price. Might be cheaper. More selection for sure.

From a previous post of mine:

https://www.accmats.com/commerce/1999/Jeep/Wrangler/Flooring/22528/ That's the Wrangler TJ page for complete sets of their thickest carpet called Essex. You can select Cutpile for their thinner cheaper version. Which is still pretty good. I'd say it's on par with OEM. Maybe a little better.

The photos don't match the actual carpet. Unfortunately. Because some of the pic colors look awesome. But you can request as many as 5 samples at a time here. They sent them to me free in like two days:

https://www.accmats.com/customer-care/ Click on Color Sample Request.

Here is the sale page on Rockauto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1999,wrangler,4.0l+l6,1431777,interior,flooring,1264

And a page with more info and a video:

More Information for ACC 22528180

Two pics of the carpet set and the two different piles"

capture-jpg-jpg.jpg

essex-jpg-jpg.jpg

As for insulation. This stuff blocks 97% of heat. And is pretty cheap. You wouldn't need very much just to do the front area and the hump.

www.carinsulation.com

Since winter is upon us and the 06 TJ is seeing salt for the first time I figured I'd need some tunes. I wanted to keep a stock appearance to avoid a break in. Polk 4x6 marines in front with foam boxes and Polk 5.25 Marines in the sound bar with the stock covers, so far so good but View attachment 129681they lacked bass. So an 8" Rockville sub went under the drivers seat. I have to say I'm very impressed with the sound fron the stock deck. My roof stays off all summer so I need a stock looking waterproof system.View attachment 129685

View attachment 129682

View attachment 129683

I got the 5.25 and 6.25 POLK speakers for xmas. Under the tree now. Didn't come boxed from Amazon so surprise was ruined. But I'm happy. ;)

What made you choose that subwoofer?

Reactions: E1320