What did you do to your TJ today?

I replaced my back up lights with LED bulbs and it still seems too dim. I have tinted hard top glass and is very difficult to see stuff behind my Jeep. I also have a tire rack and basket blocking the view too. I noticed people put big bright back up lights which I didn't want these super bright reverse light blinding people. I chose these tiny motorcycle flood LED lights which fit perfect in my gas tank mounts using a total of 8 watts.
$10 mods 1 hours labor.
Screenshot_20191217-184143_eBay.jpg
20191217_182928.jpg
20191217_174923.jpg
20191217_174942.jpg
20191217_174858.jpg
20191217_222817.jpg
20191217_222723.jpg
20191217_222230.jpg
20191217_223108.jpg

Last edited:
Since winter is upon us and the 06 TJ is seeing salt for the first time I figured I'd need some tunes. I wanted to keep a stock appearance to avoid a break in. Polk 4x6 marines in front with foam boxes and Polk 5.25 Marines in the sound bar with the stock covers, so far so good but View attachment 129681they lacked bass. So an 8" Rockville sub went under the drivers seat. I have to say I'm very impressed with the sound fron the stock deck. My roof stays off all summer so I need a stock looking waterproof system.View attachment 129685

View attachment 129682

View attachment 129683
How do you like the Rockville? Did you consider others?

Replaced the worn out main light switch. Watched a youtube video which helped with locating the release for the pull/shaft. My connector was good, just the switch kept turning the headlights on/off/bright while driving.

I replaced the switch with a Standard Motor Products part #DS357. Just had one errand run on it tonight and zero problems.

Replaced the worn out main light switch. Watched a youtube video which helped with locating the release for the pull/shaft. My connector was good, just the switch kept turning the headlights on/off/bright while driving.

I replaced the switch with a Standard Motor Products part #DS357. Just had one errand run on it tonight and zero problems.
I did mine about a year ago, had the same issues, although mine had melted ….goes really well now

Reactions: THunter
well, did not do today, but in the past week.

1. Replaced plugs with the Autolite APP 985. for what it's worth, my mechanic recommened I use Champion in the future. he had 15 years Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep before going independent. I was very surprised at how simple this was even for a past the prime "dude".

sent to mechanic for the following:
1. changed fluid front & rear diff.
2. changed fluid transaxle
3. replaced valve cover gasket with fel pro. did not damage the wire loom at all. also replaced vent valves & grommets. the gasket was leaking oil and I'm hoping not a rear main seal issue.
4. replaced #5 fuel injector. just have to wait and see if this was causing the 0205 code and 0305 misfire. approx 100 miles so far so good.

Last edited:
not sure if that is for me, but no if so. my son's daily driver in high school. had to get the misfire/injector fixed and did the other while it was in the shop.

should I not have posted? new here.

Rik
You're cool. I think he is referring to putting his up for sale.

So one last run to Uwharrie and now your selling? Getting another Jeep?

This came out of left field and I can't pass up the opportunity that landed in my lap this AM. My friend, the one who put my engine in, is moving on to a new build and is parting ways with his JL that is severely built. He is getting a 2018 Track Hawk for his DD and then will build, most likely, a 2 door JK with an exo-skeleton, D60s, 40s, etc...
I watched him go from stock Rubi to...

2018 Rubi Unlimited - Completely loaded, cold weather package, tow package, Alpine package, blah blah blah. Sticker $54k
37s on beadlocks
4.88 gears
Stear Smart components up front
3.5" Teraflex lift
Mopar tailgate reinforcement
Warn Zeon 10s winch
Cromoly CV front axles with axle disconnect delete
$2100 Rino rack roof rack
Rino rack camping canopy
CO2 tank for airing up
CB radio
Headliner
Oil catch can
Mopar tube doors
Muffler delete (can't recall which one)

The Jeep has run the Rubicon Trail among many many others across the country. He's letting it go for $44,400 and I can't pass that up. We will sell my LJ and with the profit from that we will build my wife's 2018 Sahara up to be darn close to what I'm buying. She already has the D44s and lockers installed.

It's not just the parts it's who built it, he is meticulous in everything he does.

IMG_1101.JPG

img_1066-jpg.jpg

1576708673683.png

This came out of left field and I can't pass up the opportunity that landed in my lap this AM. My friend, the one who put my engine in, is moving on to a new build and is parting ways with his JL that is severely built. He is getting a 2018 Track Hawk for his DD and then will build, most likely, a 2 door JK with an exo-skeleton, D60s, 40s, etc...
I watched him go from stock Rubi to...

2018 Rubi Unlimited - Completely loaded, cold weather package, tow package, Alpine package, blah blah blah. Sticker $54k
37s on beadlocks
4.88 gears
Stear Smart components up front
3.5" Teraflex lift
Mopar tailgate reinforcement
Warn Zeon 10s winch
Cromoly CV front axles with axle disconnect delete
$2100 Rino rack roof rack
Rino rack camping canopy
CO2 tank for airing up
CB radio
Headliner
Oil catch can
Mopar tube doors
Muffler delete (can't recall which one)

The Jeep has run the Rubicon Trail among many many others across the country. He's letting it go for $44,400 and I can't pass that up. We will sell my LJ and with the profit from that we will build my wife's 2018 Sahara up to be darn close to what I'm buying. She already has the D44s and lockers installed.

It's not just the parts it's who built it, he is meticulous in everything he does.

View attachment 129935

View attachment 129940

View attachment 129939
I can see why your jumping ship....that'll be more fun than a squirrel up your trouser leg.. ;)

I can see why your jumping ship....that'll be more fun than a squirrel up your trouser leg.. ;)

Had one up there the other day, he was looking for nuts. Bah dum bum bum... 'cymbal crash'... couldn't resist.

These past two years have been a whirlwind of learning lessons, some easy some hard, in joining the cult of Wrangler ownership. This forum has been invaluable in my LJ endeavors.