What did you do to your TJ today?

Found an app for a clinometer. Guess what it has????

66545D9A-9C29-47C0-A1C0-9E130366BE13_1_201_a.jpeg

Yep, a way to make the Jeep purple. LOL. ( I can change the color of the other stuff too, but like the brightness of the green and red.)

@112dB for some reason it's not letting me quote you post with the questions bout the app. Here's the name....

Clinometer by Smittybilt.

Reactions: 112dB
I popped the hood and opened Pandora's box. The task of installing the ARB twin compressor w/ MORE mounting bracket has taken interesting turns- most were known ahead of time.

Turn 1: ARB interferes w/ SPOD controller, so mod SPOD bracket.
Turn 2: ARB interferes w/ K&N intake. I sourced an OEM bracket and did some trading.
Turn 3: Stock air filter housing interferes with the winch interrupt soleniod that I attached to the fuse panel bracket. I bend a 90* return in the fuse panel's bracket and mounted the solenoid. So, had to flatten out that bend.
Turn 4: Need to relocate the soleniod, which will likely require replacing the cable leading to the battery, and possibly the SPOD controller.

Good times. And this is why I don't have the appetite (or aptitude) to deal with fully custom suspension systems. . . .

Corrected my pinion angle post tummy tuck and found the hard front passenger vibration. Exhaust is contacting the front passenger control arm mount.

Reactions: Shamu
Installed a Q-tech hitch on my budget TJ. I'm not concerned about clearance as this Jeep will see very mild terrain. Straight forward install with all hardware included. Only 6 bolts but 4 of them had to be fished up through the frame with the provided bolt fish wires. Without going more $$, the hitch was one of a few that actually comes with a weight rating.

I used the packing material to get it into place for the first bolts, then lined it up as things moved forward. After fishing the bolts through, it was tough to hold them in place while getting a washer & nut on. I bent the wire in half over the bolt and pulled against the threads to stabilize things.

1578102158215.png

1578102183148.png

1578102218397.png

1578102238665.png

1578102265707.png

My valve cover grommets have been leaking since I bought the jeep, but I never bothered replacing them because I wash the engine enough to keep the oil at bay. Took 20 minutes yesterday to fix that.
View attachment 131026
Is that a Prestone radiator flush T? I had one in my 1994 Ford Ranger. It disintegrated leaving me stranded on Christmas day in the middle of rural IL.

• Wow
Reactions: Jamison C
So I get to the point that I can talk to someone. My 02 is due for emissions this year. And the DMV is doing away with emissions in 3 days. For good. Guess I'll wait till next week to renew mine.
The 15 bucks isn't a big deal. But the Jeep doesn't have a catalytic converter on it so I don't have any idea if it would even pass.
Lol, I chose to wait. On the morning of the 1st, just before 1am, I got the tags online. No emissions test required. Our air is already clean enough.