What did you do to your TJ today?

dschwes

Thanks, the lift is an OME kit from Quadratec with H/D springs front and rear, Nitrocharger shocks, OME steering stabilizer, rear track bar relocation bracket and I ordered the 10mm spring spacers separate. I bought this TJ last fall and it had BB spacers on it 2" front and 1 3/4" rear but the springs were shot and had sagged 1 1/2" in the front.

I took a lot of measurements before I started and pretty much ended up 1 3/4" taller all around from where I started. I did the front first a few days ago and put a hundred or so miles on it with no more vibration than it had but it does have some. I'm sure it doesn't help that the tires are pretty worn.

It was pouring rain when we finished the rear end so I have not driven it yet, I'll try it out after work today and see what I have. I had a TJ before that had 2" spacers and the TC had been lowered with 1" x 1" square stock and I drove it that way for twelve years.

I think new motor mounts may be a better way to go but I would have to buy them, I can lower the TC for free. If it is no worse than before I may wait till I buy new tires. I want to go 32s but a local Walmart has 31 BFG AT TKOs on close out for $89 each.
Looks really nice! What gearing do you have that you are considering 32’s? I am also considering 32 inch tires but I have been second guessing it from everything that I read. Like you, I also have the 4 speed auto trans, and like I said, from what I read about, 31’s might be the max I should do. Just lime someone else’s point of view that has the same trans as me and perhaps a little more knowledge than me 😬.

MrGunGuy

Supporting Member
New headlights. I think it’s so odd that the factory originals are so pathetic yet they still use them.

Now I need to figure out what to do about the console. The rear half of it was missing when I bought it so I screwed a .50 cal ammo can between the seats, which is better than nothing but the lack of cup holders is driving my better half up a wall. Still searching for a good fix.

C89D2215-32A2-40B8-9F78-B00714309C2B.jpeg

9BFACD27-62AF-4358-ADDA-C25AEFB019E2.jpeg

C67A69D6-1598-4EBE-9D63-CA82106946FF.jpeg

86BEF47F-137A-4818-B6AA-17602A2F1969.jpeg

03coloradowrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ran into a snafu trying to finish installing my flares today. i started on the passenger side then got around to the drivers and noticed a cut in the new omix flare.. checked the rear flare and it too had the same damage. just emailed amazon seller to hopefully send replacement drivers flares so i dont have to pull the passenger ones off again to ship it all back and do the work all over again.
IMG_20200215_123841.jpg

IMG_20200215_123036.jpg

also waiting to hear back from Tasca parts still so i can start my clutch replacement... they messed up my order and forgot to include the mopar transmission mount bushing ($124 part) in the box they shipped me. its been about a week now since hearing back from them. last email was "we will have the shipping dept look into it". included in the order was the clutch fork spring, i ordered one but was shipped 2.. im assuming thats where the mess up originated. i will not be doing business with Tasca anymore, very slow ship times, messed up my order & slow/lacking communication time frames.

Jamison C

Look I just work here ok
Supporting Member
New headlights. I think it’s so odd that the factory originals are so pathetic yet they still use them.

Now I need to figure out what to do about the console. The rear half of it was missing when I bought it so I screwed a .50 cal ammo can between the seats, which is better than nothing but the lack of cup holders is driving my better half up a wall. Still searching for a good fix.

View attachment 140396

View attachment 140398

View attachment 140399

View attachment 140400
Why not just buy the back half?

Ephry73

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Have it an oil change of some good old Castrol as well as a Wix oil filter. Tomorrow fluid change for the diffs and transfer case

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'

Kiwi TJ

I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner

View attachment 140396

View attachment 140398

View attachment 140399

View attachment 140400
is that fat 50 box?...I did mine with a smaller 50 call box and got a shorter console..(with a CUP HOLDER)..Im sure you can find one one Craig's or at a junk yard.
pinstripe2.JPG

kanur

Looks really nice! What gearing do you have that you are considering 32’s? I am also considering 32 inch tires but I have been second guessing it from everything that I read. Like you, I also have the 4 speed auto trans, and like I said, from what I read about, 31’s might be the max I should do. Just lime someone else’s point of view that has the same trans as me and perhaps a little more knowledge than me 😬.
Well, I'm no gearing expert but a previous TJ had 3.73 with a manual and 32s and it worked fine for my use. This TJ also has 3.73 gears so I expect the same results.

Reactions: dschwes

dschwes

Vacuumed the hell out of my Jeep, replaced the transfer case 4WD switch by dropping the front DS. All my 4x4 lights work and my lockers 🤗
My 4x4 light doesn’t work when I shift into 4x4 but it does work when I run the dash diagnostic. Not sure if that means my switch is bad though?? Did you run the same diagnostic to determine your switch was bad or did you just change out the switch assuming that was the issue.

freedom_in_4low

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
yesterday I installed a JKS rear track bar with angled bracket (for SYE), Savvy double adjustable rear UCA's, and set it all up with the axle centered laterally at ride height, centered longitudinally on the bump stops at full stuff (which have to be at least 2" to keep the track bar bracket out of the floor), squared with the frame, and the pinion pointed as close to straight with the driveshaft as I can do without an actual driveshaft.

Today I get to fish out an 11/16" socket that I dropped in the driver side frame when I was installing the UCA's. I gave up after about 45 minutes last night because my magnetic pickup tool is too weak to pull it past all the rust flakes. Today I'm gonna try jacking up the front end as high as I can get it and see if I can get the socket to roll close enough to the UCA mount access hole to grab it out.

Thunderhead

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My 4x4 light doesn’t work when I shift into 4x4 but it does work when I run the dash diagnostic. Not sure if that means my switch is bad though?? Did you run the same diagnostic to determine your switch was bad or did you just change out the switch assuming that was the issue.
My Rubicon was pretty simple cause of the symptoms. I shifted out of 4wd after a trail run and it felt funny. The 4wd light stayed on in 2wd, it goes off in 4H and back on in4L. My locker indicators would only flash in 4L so everything pointed to the switch which it’s a different switch for non rubicons and different from doing a body lift and the TC slipping meaning you need a longer TC cable

03coloradowrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
weather was good today, sunny, warm & no wind. I gave in and pulled the transmission after ice fishing this morning.
no luck on the ice this morning, ice was about 4" thick and no bites all morning.

Throw out bearing was toast as figured, also found that the clutch disc was shot too. what shocked me was how loose the splined hole in the disc was. springs were very loose as well, loose enough that they had alot of chafing on them from rubbing where they shouldn't be. disc wear was about 50% or so and even. disc had a Chrysler part number and said it was a sachs. flywheel looked good overall for about 150k.

IMG_20200216_162004.jpg

matkal

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
weather was good today, sunny, warm & no wind. I gave in and pulled the transmission after ice fishing this morning.
no luck on the ice this morning, ice was about 4" thick and no bites all morning.

Throw out bearing was toast as figured, also found that the clutch disc was shot too. what shocked me was how loose the splined hole in the disc was. springs were very loose as well, loose enough that they had alot of chafing on them from rubbing where they shouldn't be. disc wear was about 50% or so and even. disc had a Chrysler part number and said it was a sachs. flywheel looked good overall for about 150k.

View attachment 140697
You got some big projects going on, hope you’re done by spring. I’m in the same, well similar, boat. Let’s hope we continue to be blessed with decent weather. Knock on wood.