What did you do to your TJ today?

Swapped out the broken footman loop for a new metal one.
20200122_155820.jpg

Moved the evap canister down below to the 2nd battery tray to make room for an air compressor. It's the 1050 Chinese compressor. I unscrewed the cylinder and flipped it 180 so the air filter didn't interfere with anything else. And wired it to the battery with a 30 amp fuse.

IMG_20200122_204813051.jpg

More details about moving the evap canister here.

Last edited:
Moved the evap canister down below to the 2nd battery tray to make room for an air compressor. It's the 1050 Chinese compressor. I unscrewed the cylinder and flipped it 180 so the air filter didn't interfere with anything else. And wired it to the battery with a 30 amp fuse.

View attachment 135963

More details about moving the evap canister here.

I ran that compressor for years mounted under my hood. It's back in a bag now and still use it to fill my tires. Sturdy little unit.

Reactions: Airjunky
IMG_20200123_145601.jpg

Started building a spare tire mount for a plate, 3rd brake light, plate light, and backup camera.

IMG_20200123_150358.jpg

3rd brake light looks kind of big. It's been years since I've had one so I might just ditch it again. It was the best one Truck-Lite offered for the situation.

IMG_20200123_203740.jpg

Troubleshooting an issue where I lose fuel/spark under boost/power in high rev. Started by closing the plug gap to .025 to rule that out. Still happens. HPTuners Pro Link just showed up so I can start doing some truly all encompassing data logging.

IMG_20200123_211341.jpg

New stereo is plugged in, sounds great overall but isn't delivering the proper signal out the RCA to the sub. It's weak. Lame.

View attachment 136214
Started building a spare tire mount for a plate, 3rd brake light, plate light, and backup camera.

View attachment 136215
3rd brake light looks kind of big. It's been years since I've had one so I might just ditch it again. It was the best one Truck-Lite offered for the situation.

View attachment 136216
Troubleshooting an issue where I lose fuel/spark under boost/power in high rev. Started by closing the plug gap to .025 to rule that out. Still happens. HPTuners Pro Link just showed up so I can start doing some truly all encompassing data logging.

View attachment 136217
New stereo is plugged in, sounds great overall but isn't delivering the proper signal out the RCA to the sub. It's weak. Lame.
Yours is the first supercharger I've seen on a 4.0. Looks awesome.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Great photo!

Off subject... do you what what brand/manufacture is your front bumper?
My Jeep appears to have the same bumper but I’m the third owner and I don’t know what brand or make of the bumper.
I’m just curious.

Andrew

Pretty sure its Smittybilt, but not positive as the previous owner installed it. I'm actually thinking of replacing it or just cutting the ends shorter at some point.

I had that same bike for a few years. 2006 50th Anniversary Limited Edition with the full Ohlins suspension and Marchesini magnesium wheels. Man that thing was nimble. I removed the yellow fairings because I was afraid I’d damage them, and I liked the white and red better 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 136245
yeah mine has about 50K miles on it, and in the summer it wouldn't start one day and pissed me off. I usually buy a new bike every 10 years, so I went out and bought a new (2016) Ducati Monster 1200R. Then a few months later got the R1 running again. Now I can't get rid of it. I had to put new tires on it, and will most likely use the R1 as a daily driver to work, and the Ducati for weekend rides. I really like both bikes. I am not a one bike guy.

Your bike looks great. Mine isn't the fancy one that you have. Mine has the regular wheels and standard shocks, but my Ducati has the high end wheels and Ohlins suspension.

I do like the red and while, but I have always loved the yellow and black ever since my first yz250 in the 80's yep it was a yellow and black one the first year of the mono shock. Not as much of a fan of the 60th anniversary, but if I could get the right deal, I may do it. I also have a 50th anniversary Raptor that is the same color.

20170528_015235.jpg

View attachment 136214

View attachment 136215

View attachment 136216

View attachment 136217

Deftones. (y)

Reactions: bluescapegoat
Always up for passing along a good review on cheap parts for the Jeep TJ mod scene.
I hated the cheap Ebay cloth strap handles which connected to the roll cage. The biggest problem was they swing and moved around when you want to have a mounting point with no movement.
Then I saw these metal grab bars and now it's easy and stable to get in and out my rig. $20 mod totally worth it.
20200123_164247.jpg
20200123_110728.jpg
20200123_110715.jpg
20200122_153225.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 136214

View attachment 136215

View attachment 136216

View attachment 136217
Stock radio?? Maybe a line converter would help? From what I remember with the JKU the stock setup was always a weaker rear signal(ie the overhead speaker bar) and a lne converter or inline amp was needed to push/bump that signal.