What did you do to your TJ today?

Bought a set of quick disconnect jumper cables to install this weekend.

jumper cables.jpg

I put new wiper blades on the front today. The Anco winter blades that were on were begging for replacement. I bought Anco 31-13 based on a recommendation from one of the threads here and they're perfectly fine for the price. Total was about $5 for both from Home Depot. I did notice they're different. One has the logo embossed into the frame and the frame is noticeable wider. I checked the packaging after noticing the differences and found one was made in Mexico and one was made in China.

transmission is in, interior center console is back in, wirings hooked up. took the jeep for a drive around the block last night while it was still frigid cold (dirt road turns to mud otherwise). Clutch grabs at the top of pedal throw, no weird noises, no vibrations from total u joint replacement.

jeep runs and drives good now.

radiator showed up last night from a dealer in Denver, cooling hoses and such arrives today. water pump within the next few days. need to order brake hoses and everything should be complete soon.

the replacement omix fender flares are getting shipped back tonight for a refund.. gonna try a different brand. didnt want to deal with cuts in the plastic flares out of the box.

things are looking up.. gonna be 45-50 degrees out this weekend.

I’m trying to figure out why my seat will not tumble. I looked underneath tonight and found the lever and it works using it but I found a cable that has came loose. Where does it attach?
Oh that's fun. I had the same issue. Hold on, I think I did a write up on the repair, let me attach it! You have to take the seat out and take it apart.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hNnHm45eBQoH0PpQFZAi2MHH3G02GqpBt90XzyZfgMo/edit?usp=sharing
I just got way too excited remembering I had written this and finally being able to help someone with it :LOL:.

Looking at this now, I wish I would've added pictures. I know I took at least a couple... Anyhow, if you have any questions feel free to ask away. Although, I don't have that Jeep anymore (R.I.P.) so I can't go check how I did it. Now that I think about it, I'll go post this in the how-to section before I forget.

Last edited:
Tom, you rock!! I got the cup holder version and it’s perfect. It’s not the right color but I couldn’t care less. Best of all, now my wife is happy with the Jeep again. She can bring her Diet Coke with her, LOL!

View attachment 141363
I have the color matching one, can’t get to it until after the snow melts.
My mobile garage is under a snowpack

What is that funky blue-wired connection to the PCU all about?

Split Second piggyback.

Right now I'm working on my Comanche so I can get it back on the road and work on the TJ. I'll be removing the Split Second and going larger injectors and 2bar map and tuning the PCM directly.

Installed new rear axle bearings, seals, and axle shafts.

My right rear seal was leaking. The PO wheeled this thing on 35s and stock axles. The only saving grace is that it was with stock 3:73 gears. Still, I've never had confidence in the condition of the shafts. So, since I had to be in there anyway, decided that $90 per side for new Revolution shafts was good peace of mind.

Last edited: