What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed a fuel filler door and gas cap with tether. Very easy, looks good and maybe I won’t loose my gas cap again! Also replaced a very brittle vacuum line I broke a couple of weeks ago.
1A5E5E6A-DBE3-4BB5-9D78-CB4A6C54191B.jpeg
F73E47EC-BC89-4573-9C77-FAB250527651.jpeg

Last edited:
Busy day today. New radiator, water pump, fan clutch, idler pully, tensioner (all Mopar). New radiator hoses, thermostat, temp sensor and serpentine belt. Also installed Autolite XP985 spark plugs just because there's a $3 per plug rebate right now. I should be good for another 100,000 miles now.

Really like the flush mounts in the factory bumper (y)
Thanks, I had intended for them to go under the winch plate, but forgot about the front of the frame, so I put them on the sides. The might be a little vulnerable there, but are definitely cheap enough to replace if something happens. I knew that I needed to add some extra lighting, but didnt want to over due it. It does emit a lot more light, getting it out on some trails will tell me if its enough

Reactions: Vasq
Thanks, I had intended for them to go under the winch plate, but forgot about the front of the frame, so I put them on the sides. The might be a little vulnerable there, but are definitely cheap enough to replace if something happens. I knew that I needed to add some extra lighting, but didnt want to over due it. It does emit a lot more light, getting it out on some trails will tell me if its enough

Are those plug and play? I just cut my stock too and was kicking around the idea of doing this rather than mounting in the traditional spots on the bumper.

Are those plug and play? I just cut my stock too and was kicking around the idea of doing this rather than mounting in the traditional spots on the bumper.
I spliced them into my driving lights for now. I'll see how everything works out on some trails, and if I have to add more light, then I will separate them from the driving lights onto their own switch.

I also added new headlights (white light not yellow) yesterday, stock were getting super dim. And I will say that with the addition of the LEDs in the bumper, this TJ is throwing a LOT of light right now. I really dont see the need to add more light, pitch dark trail might say otherwise. I am going to upgrade the H3 bulbs in the driving lights too

Installed the Tuffy lockbox today.
20200305_154922.jpg
Amazon Tuffy Lock Box

The Amazon title for this product is not correct. It says "Tuffy 250-01 Conceal Carry Security Drawer, Vhcles Forward Fits Tj 97-02 Where The Driver's Side Seat Does Not Flip All The Way Up. These Vehicles" Based on the manufacturer's website and the part number, this is for the 97-02 TJ where the seats flip up. I confirm it works with seats that flip up.

The instructions are incorrect. In the tools listed it says a 5/64" allen wrench. It should be a 6/32". The instructions say you need a 5/16" wrench. It is actually 7mm.

The instructions say to install it with the drawer removed. I did that, and the drawer was very stiff to move in and out. I removed it, and reinstalled with the drawer in it. That freed up the motion of the drawer considerably. I think something flexes when you tighten it down. Having the drawer in it, reduces how much it flexes when you tighten the seat bolts back up.

The bolt-block plate is questionable in it's effectiveness. It doesn't cover the seat bolt enough to fully prevent removal. It will make it considerably more of a challenge, but I think it could be easily bent a little and be bypassed.

The key is huge. It is almost as big as my Jeep key. Not sure why they had to have such a large key. Suggestions for the manufacturer would be to go with a smaller key, or at least make it a cylinder that could be rekeyed to the owners Jeep key.
20200305_161124.jpg

Overall, I think the drawer is pretty good. Will it deter a determined thief, probably not if he has some time to break into it. Will it prevent a casual opportunist, definitely.

I also noticed my floor mat wasn't laying down properly, so I took the hair dryer to it and heated it up. That made it lay down like it was supposed to and now the drawer clears the top of the floor mat when I open it.

Overall, a fun day tinkering with my Jeep. 🙂

Installed the Tuffy lockbox today.
View attachment 144285
Amazon Tuffy Lock Box

The Amazon title for this product is not correct. It says "Tuffy 250-01 Conceal Carry Security Drawer, Vhcles Forward Fits Tj 97-02 Where The Driver's Side Seat Does Not Flip All The Way Up. These Vehicles" Based on the manufacturer's website and the part number, this is for the 97-02 TJ where the seats flip up. I confirm it works with seats that flip up.

The instructions are incorrect. In the tools listed it says a 5/64" allen wrench. It should be a 6/32". The instructions say you need a 5/16" wrench. It is actually 7mm.

The instructions say to install it with the drawer removed. I did that, and the drawer was very stiff to move in and out. I removed it, and reinstalled with the drawer in it. That freed up the motion of the drawer considerably. I think something flexes when you tighten it down. Having the drawer in it, reduces how much it flexes when you tighten the seat bolts back up.

The bolt-block plate is questionable in it's effectiveness. It doesn't cover the seat bolt enough to fully prevent removal. It will make it considerably more of a challenge, but I think it could be easily bent a little and be bypassed.

The key is huge. It is almost as big as my Jeep key. Not sure why they had to have such a large key. Suggestions for the manufacturer would be to go with a smaller key, or at least make it a cylinder that could be rekeyed to the owners Jeep key.
View attachment 144284

Overall, I think the drawer is pretty good. Will it deter a determined thief, probably not if he has some time to break into it. Will it prevent a casual opportunist, definitely.

I also noticed my floor mat wasn't laying down properly, so I took the hair dryer to it and heated it up. That made it lay down like it was supposed to and now the drawer clears the top of the floor mat when I open it.

Overall, a fun day tinkering with my Jeep. 🙂
Couldn't find a 6/32 allen wrench but I did find a 3/16 allen wrench that might work.😉

Reactions: GaTechTJ and Fonz54
Today, replaced my cracked exhaust manifold with a banks header. Man can I feel no difference lol.... wasnt looking for or expecting any performance. What I did gain is peace and quiet. I figured with the 5 year warranty and a direct replacement I couldn't go wrong. 409 stainless; I think I should be good.

Pretty simple for me....just replaced the factory soundbar speakers with some Pioneers.....waiting for my under passenger seat sub to arrive