What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished the SYE and put the transfer case from -2" back to normal height, and swapped the upper control arms/set rear pinion angle.

Took a quick trip around the block and holy hell, it's not even recognizable as the same vehicle it's so smooth! I dropped the tcase from -1 to -2 while I was getting the funds for the sye kit,and that made it way better but this is so smooth I had no idea it could get this good.

I can't believe the PO was driving it around the way it was and just accepting it😝

View attachment 148408

View attachment 148409

Do you mind sharing what parts you went with? Suggestions? Tips? Things you had to run to the store for?

I bought a non flip and tumble base and cut it down 1.5” then welded on some 2” angle iron cut to match the profile of the floor on the inner side. I them drilled the top to accept the seat base slider and mounted the PRP adapters and seat.

View attachment 148589

Nice!! a welder is my purchase list. I'm not 6'5", but have a long torso and would love to sit at least an inch lower in the jeep.

FINALLY got around to installing subwoofer and tweeters...So nice.

View attachment 148584

(I need to pound those seatback fasteners in)

View attachment 148586
There was a bracket floating about that lets you bolt a hideaway system sandwiched between the seat rails and the seat, thus moving the box away from the floor and allowing a passenger to put their feet under if possible.

Replaced unit bearings with Timkens, bought and installed my neighbors Poison Spyder rear bumper, removing an old Smitty one (man that feels good). Saw my rear Rancho 9000XL is leaking, so time to see how their warranty is.

Nice!! a welder is my purchase list. I'm not 6'5", but have a long torso and would love to sit at least an inch lower in the jeep.
Not sure what year your Jeep is but the 97-02 seats sit you up higher than the 03-06 seats by about an inch

Couldn't find toilet paper at the grocery stores. So I decided to tinker with the Jeep again. Installed a NOS GM under hood light to the tailgate glass. Tapped into the OEM dome light for power (PINK wire) and grounded on the tailgate.

View attachment 146136

View attachment 146137

View attachment 146138

View attachment 146139
Drippy
Looks factory !
Awesome!
Off the topic , what brand / size rims u got on your rig ?
- I’m having a hard time finding the “classic-pattern “ from our suppliers up here. I wanna stick with 15 inch. I’m Running 33/12.5 COOPER STT DISCOVERER , very happy with them btw

DETOUR

“MILE-ZERO-ALASKA-HIGHWAY”

-•|||||•-👋🏿

Got a new floor jack. 3 ton.
0D9E6399-7791-4B18-A3F1-7F1677ED8FFD.jpeg

This arrived today......and the seller is giving me his 3.73 setup out of his Dana 30 so I can 4-wheel until I can get (afford) a re-gear fore and aft! Looks like it may need a pinion seal a little greasy there. Also he had cut the spring perches for shock clearance and he did a shitty job. But for $400 bucks she ain't pretty but she's mine. :cool:

Dana 44.jpg

Come on. There is no way that can compare to the other speakers in a TJ/LJ.
It sounds different but not bad.
I have xm in my car and it has spoiled me, also I have a couple good pandora stations so the Bluetooth speaker allows me to listen to both. I wasn’t planning on upgrading the radio but I probably will.