What did you do to your TJ today?

Reactions: KimsJeep

So it is a CJ2A that someone painted like an Army Jeep? I'm not familiar on the history of Jeep and what was used as Army and not? I really don't care if it was one or not, I just like the body style on it. I am just hoping I can find a windshield frame and all in the piles of junk they guy has packed here and there. If not I will have to come up with something just to drive it on the street.

Looks like there maybe fuel in the back there hehe...Hope you get it.You will leave it green though, yes ? ;)

LOL, after reading some of the other replies on what it may be, I was thinking, if it is just a regular Jeep that someone painted to look like an Army Jeep, maybe I will paint it purple. LOL If it is an old Army Jeep, then yes I was planning on leaving it green. :D

Edit to say, I looked at the pics again and I guess it really isn't a "army green". LOL

Last edited:
Started testing the rust-oleum aircraft remover on the old herculiner I applied last year in a pretty lazy manner. Very effective, not looking to the tear down though. But proper preparation and raptor liner will be put in place of it.
Also found some places that can Safe-T Cap the rear CA portion of the driver side frame. So that’ll need addressed in the near future as well. About a million other things I’ve mauled over as far the Jeep goes, Just Empty Every Pocket, right?

Started testing the rust-oleum aircraft remover on the old herculiner I applied last year in a pretty lazy manner. Very effective, not looking to the tear down though. But proper preparation and raptor liner will be put in place of it.
Also found some places that can Safe-T Cap the rear CA portion of the driver side frame. So that’ll need addressed in the near future as well. About a million other things I’ve mauled over as far the Jeep goes, Just Empty Every Pocket, right?
Pictures of the process. May do the same myself to remove the POSUM liner coating on mine

Installed a set of wrangler decals to match the Jeep vinyl. Went with the retro style of the 80’s YJs

B463B2DC-8CAB-4AA0-9568-01ADC5149FDE.jpeg

Dropping mine off at the shop this afternoon. I started feeling an intermittent vibration, and after searching through some of the threads here, determined that my axle-shaft universal needs replacing. Only the passenger side seems bad, but my gut tells me I should have them do both sides.

So it is a CJ2A that someone painted like an Army Jeep? I'm not familiar on the history of Jeep and what was used as Army and not? I really don't care if it was one or not, I just like the body style on it. I am just hoping I can find a windshield frame and all in the piles of junk they guy has packed here and there. If not I will have to come up with something just to drive it on the street.
I had a CJ2A many moons ago. Those little suckers are like mountain goats. Geared very low and I think it was a Hurricane four banger. Only thing I did to it was to add a soft top and upgraded the brakes to I think they were 10" drums all around. Also typical maintenance. Ended up trading it for a motorcycle Kawasaki Triple.

Reactions: RHP61 and reddvltj
I had a CJ2A many moons ago. Those little suckers are like mountain goats. Geared very low and I think it was a Hurricane four banger. Only thing I did to it was to add a soft top and upgraded the brakes to I think they were 10" drums all around. Also typical maintenance. Ended up trading it for a motorcycle Kawasaki Triple.

I'm not sure what motor is in this one, but I'm sure it ran when parked. LOL :D

IMG_4176.jpeg

I'm not sure what motor is in this one, but I'm sure it ran when parked. LOL :D

View attachment 158935
I was wrong the Hurricane came later - according to Wikipedia here is what the 2As had
"It was powered by Willys' 60 hp (45 kW; 61 PS) L-134 Go-Devil four-cylinder engine, with a T-90 transmission and Dana 18 transfer case, a Dana 25 front axle and Dana 41 or 44 rear axle."

Replaced the CPS and the CPS (cam and crank position sensors) and it fixed TFB’s problem 👍 Thing is though I replaced the cam sensor first then started TFB, didn’t fix the problem. So I then replaced the crank sensor (PITA) still had the problem. Only THEN did I “ read the instructions “ and found out that I needed to do some combination of resetting/reteaching the PCM, which I did. Now TFB runs and starts great and I’m in love with her again but in the back of my mind I’m wondering if I didn’t need to replace the crank sensor. 🤷‍♂️ Oh well, alls well that ends well and I have the peace of mind that I have two new mopar sensors 😁

A couple pics for your entertainment:
94B6834E-C252-4604-A672-C183669CB78D.jpeg
B8414985-E00E-4528-9BF6-0D7CAB822C5F.jpeg

I've been binging on YouTube videos of those old flatfender jeeps just decimating places like windrock, moab, rubicon, blackbear pass and others and you're right, those thing are just like mountain goats. Watch the 2a named bam bam. That guy knows how to drive that jeep.

Reactions: reddvltj
I can post a close-up of the switch panel. I did find this post where someone else on the forum had the same setup. (last post at this link:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/where-to-put-locker-auxiliary-light-switches.23702/post-470903

Thanks again and thanks to the person that installed the 3.0 USB ports and posted about it. Reamed out the cig. lighter hole to fit the ports and relocated my ARB switches into the stock location with a little filing of the plastic. Now I need a duplicate of the switch bracket for the blank right side for my fog light switch. Not sure I like the USB port that low though. Can't really see it cause the ARB switches are Huuuge.

IMG_0480.JPG

Thanks again and thanks to the person that installed the 3.0 USB ports and posted about it. Reamed out the cig. lighter hole to fit the ports and relocated my ARB switches into the stock location with a little filing of the plastic. Now I need a duplicate of the switch bracket for the blank right side for my fog light switch. Not sure I like the USB port that low though. Can't really see it cause the ARB switches are Huuuge.

View attachment 158956
There are a couple of YouTube videos dealing with that project, the second switch panel in the ashtray location. I plan on doing that mod in my tj.