What did you do to your TJ today?

I finally sprang for a new OEM muffler. Life is much quieter. PO had a muffler on it hat made the jeep have a very loud low bass rumble. I've would have loved to have had that in high school, but not so much now that I'm 50.

Also gave the jeep a bath and shined it up for my trip to see Mom tomorrow for Mother's Day.
Hopefully it will be warm enough to drop the new soft top I put on last month.

20200509_160037.jpg 20200509_160219.jpg

It was clear to me that my TJ had a rust problem, but what I found today amazed me.
after I have cleaned up my front axle, the rear end is now, When i removing the rear shock absorber on the passenger side, a screw of the shock fell into the protective tank of the petrol tank. I used a magnet to find it again.
After I had my screw back, I saw the large round opening on the side of the rear frame and ran the magnet in there. I experienced a surprise what I got out of it. a dustpan full of detached material from inside the frame.

View attachment 159870View attachment 159871
Drill some drain holes in the bottom of the frame. There should be threads here on it. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll send pics of what I did.

Reactions: Ephry73 and RHP61
Throwout Bearing went out last week, so today i threw in a brand new luk 05-065 Clutch Kit with the Luk LFW193 Flywheel, new pivot ball, and clutch fork spring. Had to replace my absolutely ripped to pieces transmission mount, and while the transmission was on the transmission jack, i installed a fresh new rear main seal and oil pan gasket by Fel-Pro. Needless to say, it was a long day today lol.

20200509_111200.jpg

20200509_093421.jpg

20200509_093412.jpg

Well we were almost done but hubby had to take a short cut. He was having a hard time drilling out the hole for the 9/16s bolt. He got it “almost“ there and said he wo
With bullet antennas being the thing right now I was checking some.out and found this. Perfect!

"Beers"View attachment 159935

OMG I love it. Do they have a purple one? :D

Ok guy's, got the lift on!!! Yah, I am super stoked. It is awesome. I drove it up to about 60 mph and it is great. Rides so much better. :D Love, love, love it!! :D

Here are some before and after pics.

AD9A642D-3929-48E3-9F3F-5FD2F713309A.jpeg

CE492119-9E3F-467A-9777-088B2B02C06F.jpeg

AEBEBDC0-B413-42A1-9CA2-4DC92580EF7E.jpeg

This is with BL only, and then finished lift.

B534E440-FADA-4AF7-AF2C-631021AEA0D1.jpeg

And here is stock and now.

F0A0D5A6-5BBB-448A-8DB9-DC0C71FAAC30.jpeg

Question on the sway bar. I didn't adjust them at all and it seems to be in a ok position. What do you all think? If I adjust them out more, it will make the sway bar go up more. They are all the way in right now.

D3A7890A-F761-4BD9-8CD4-3BF9D364B0E2.jpeg

I'm going to go update my build thread and will include more pics. :D

Did I say I love the lift? :D

Ok guy's, got the lift on!!! Yah, I am super stoked. It is awesome. I drove it up to about 60 mph and it is great. Rides so much better. :D Love, love, love it!! :D

View attachment 159960
View attachment 159959

View attachment 159961

View attachment 159962

Question on the sway bar. I didn't adjust them at all and it seems to be in a ok position. What do you all think? If I adjust them out more, it will make the sway bar go up more. They are all the way in right now.

View attachment 159956

View attachment 159958
Looks great, love the soda can reference

Reactions: KimsJeep and matkal
Mounted a 6-1/2" speaker into my non-subwoofer center console. Now just evaluating options to cover the 2 inch back projection into the storage compartment - Mal*Wart has a good selection of plastic bowls that look promising. This is NOT for sub-woofer use - it will be the extension speaker for a CB radio!

Reactions: Ephry73
Well we were almost done but hubby had to take a short cut. He was having a hard time drilling out the hole for the 9/16s bolt. He got it “almost“ there and said he wo

OMG I love it. Do they have a purple one? :D

a really they did have either a pink or purple camo..mine is 9" but I think they have a 20"

carid.com/ammotenna/

"beers"

Reactions: KimsJeep
Dropped the Jeep off at the mechanic shop to get the new oil pan and Currie adjustable TB installed. The guy at the shop was a little wary about drilling out the track bar mounts and said he’d have to run it by his boss and let me know on Monday, so might have to take it to a 4x4 shop for that install, or go to Home Depot for some new toys and cut the stupid dropped track bar bracket off myself. One way or another it’s getting installed! But ohhhh boy, that Currie TB is beefy tho! No pics, cause I forgot 😩😂 I’ll post some after the install tho!

View attachment 159956
First off... Looks great!!! Glad you're loving it too!!

Now to your question, it's really hard to tell from the straight on pic but it looks like the sway bar is going to hit the disconnect pin on the frame when your axle drops, that would be my only real concern from this angle.

Reactions: KimsJeep

View attachment 159958
View attachment 159960
View attachment 159959

View attachment 159961

View attachment 159962

View attachment 159956

Looks awesome! I will admit, I’m a little disappointed the BL isn’t purple 😂

• Haha
Reactions: KimsJeep and Alex01