What did you do to your TJ today?

Reactions: Maxbrownr8
Incabin air filter

20200601_174733.jpg

( Technically I did this yesterday, but I still want to post it. Lol )

I finally did a real Jeep thing with my LJR! I took the top off!! 😆😆
View attachment 166433

Then I installed the factory soft top, but that's not nearly as much fun. Lol
About time, lol. That top has been waiting to be installed for a long time. I remember when you were searching for one.

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit
Hahahahaha! Yea, it hung around for a while before it got to see the sunlight. Lol
I took Big Red out for a drive today with the top down. I really do enjoy it.
Have you been able to compare it to the NX top? I know they said their cheapest top was the only top available for the LJ. I have a factory top and it is really quiet (doesn't flap or anything) compared to the Sierra soft top on my TJR. I flipping hate that thing; it's like a loosely wrapped bongo.

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit
Have you been able to compare it to the NX top? I know they said their cheapest top was the only top available for the LJ. I have a factory top and it is really quiet (doesn't flap or anything) compared to the Sierra soft top on my TJR. I flipping hate that thing; it's like a loosely wrapped bongo.

No, I didn't get to compare the two. I was thinking that if the factory top was too loud, or too loose that I would order the best top and see wich one was better.
Now that I have the factory top on, I don't think I need to order the best top. My factory top is really quiet. I don't get any of the flapping at all. Probably because it's brand new and still super tight. Lol
I'll see how long it holds up.

Reactions: taylormade73
I decided today was the day I was going to start working on my spare tire bracket. Its got some rust on it and when I hit bumps I see the tire bounce a little more than I like so I wanted to check it out.
20200601_193534.jpg

After getting it off I noticed something weird. Looks like the pervious owner tried to make his own gasket out of something like pool liner material. Desperate times for desperate measures🤣

20200601_195156.jpg

Going to take it to work tomorrow and see if my painter coworker will sand it down for me so I can primer/paint it later

Do enlighten us
Very interesting!!!

If your Jeep came with a plastic duct over the intake, it is roughly a 30 minute job with a dremel.
Total was around $80, but can be done with $30ish:
must - door seal, 3 pieces of gutter drain from home depot, some sort of filter.
optional - k&n air filter, plastic epoxy, heavy duty double sided tape, gasket maker or sealer.

ill try to share details some time soon.

Reactions: reddvltj
The last time I was under the hood troubleshooting the random cylinder misfires; I was looking at the idler pulley and decided I should replace it.... Today I swapped out the old idler pulley with a Mopar OEM idler pulley. I checked the sound of the old idler bearing; the bearing really sounded rough.