What did you do to your TJ today?

There's what I did:

b6.JPG
b7.JPG

... and what I tried to do! The pintle hook is currently just for looks until I either buy or make a new
rear bumper - obviously any real use on the stock bumper wouldn't end well. I'm actually leaning towards making an "old skool" bumper from 5 or 6 inch channel.

What I tried to do was work on the rear drum brakes. They were clearly way out of adjustment, the parking brake barely works, so I took the RR off to see what was going on. The self adjustment cable had gotten somewhere where it didn't belong and had been chewed in half, the shoes had about 1/16" left until they hit rivets, and there was rust everywhere so I decided to do a brake job. Ordered everything online from O'Reilly, went down there and picked it up.

They sell the brake shoes by axle. They sell the spring kit by axle. They sell the self-adjuster replacement bits kit by WHEEL. Something I didn't notice when ordering. Furthermore, the self-adjuster kit is side specific, the one I had was for the left, and I was currently working on the right! To make the experience complete, when I went back down there to get the kit for the right - you guessed it! They didn't have it in stock. It will be here in the morning, so I packed the job up for the time being...

Ya just gotta laugh...

Installed my new Mopar radiator. Never was a radiator install so easy. Of course, having the grill out and laying flat helped!
Got the Mopar serpentine belt installed, as well as my red interior LEDs. Then I got the full grill assembly put in! Hoping to try to fire up tomorrow!?!?!?

View attachment 166895

View attachment 166896

View attachment 166897

View attachment 166898

View attachment 166899
That interior lighting looks like certain parts of New Orleans...if ya know what I mean 🤭🤣

Added a new steering pump, Mopar power steering pulley, replaced both downstream and upstream NGK 02 sensors, new starter. (Drained power steering fluid of coarse as well and replaced it with some fresh stuff) :giggle: Taking it up for a drive and hitting a hike @ Diablo Lake. Will make sure to get a photo !