TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

What did you do to your TJ today?

TheBoogieman

Replaced the factory stereo with an inexpensive higher powered Pioneer unit and some MTX speakers from Crutchfield. I love how they give you the speaker adapters, plug and play wire harness and all mounting hardware FREE. Quadratec sells their plug and play speakers for $169 a pair. I bought 4 speakers and the head unit for that much.
p.s. They even bring it to the car, so you don't give them the virus.
Rubi stereo.jpg
RUBI speakers.jpg

RHP61

The waiting is over, my spring plates for the rear axle have arrived. Tomorrow i will go to a workshop to have the welding done, unfortunately i never learned how to weld. I have hute the cable clutter behind the taillight on the driver's side deals.

the new lower spring plates

20200625_162429.jpg

the tangle of cables

20200627_101537.jpg

I try to tidy up the cables

20200629_194351.jpg

grumblebee

TJ Enthusiast
Piled all of the odds and ends I've taken off the Jeep the past two weeks on the the big stone fireplace hearth and the tile area in front of it in my great room since I'm cleaning them all off in the guest bathroom because it's so hot, humid, and rainy outside. Flares, signal lights, spare tire mount, third brake light, bumper ends, etc. — it looks like some kind of bizarre alter and sacrificial offering to the MOPAR gods. 🤣

Got the PO's BesTop bikini top that I've never used out of storage and cleaned it.

You know that scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where Ferris wants to take Cameron's dad's Ferrari out and Cameron says, "He doesn't even drive it. He just rubs it with a diaper." That's pretty much me right now. Too much taken off for it to be street legal (which is saying something, because as long as all of your lights are working, it's Fury Road rules in Arkansas since they did away with inspections in the late 90s), so I'm just cleaning everything while while working up the will to go to the only two places with a decent selection of spray paints and surface prep supplies: Walmart or The Home Depot. :cautious:

Maxbrownr8

Nice! The sun visor is so thin that any time I try to put one on it with the included clip on the back, it ends up falling off. Did you stick it on there with 3M type tape?
Same here! And yes sir. The strongest o found was waterproof and rated for 30lbs of weight, so needless to say it does the trick haha!

AMS417

TJ Enthusiast
Had my son help me pull off the hard top off for the first time since I have owned it and went for a cruise around town. JKS disconnects are squeaky, need to pull it apart and lube everything. I see a soft top in my future soon. Need a lift first to store the hard top against the garage roof.

DrDmoney

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Had my son help me pull off the hard top off for the first time since I have owned it and went for a cruise around town. JKS disconnects are squeaky, need to pull it apart and lube everything. I see a soft top in my future soon. Need a lift first to store the hard top against the garage roof.
The slope is so gentle at the beginning that you hardly even notice until...bam, you’re in the Rabbit Hole.

GEEP4ME

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got the rear inner fender liners reinstalled after the new flares installation from a couple weeks back.

Adjusted the rear track bar. Short version is it is now within 1/4" side to side. Won't talk about the long version.

After installing the new a/c compressor, I figured my leak(s) were gone. They were not apparently. Am bummed it only lasted a week or two. Found this tonight:
20200629_215304.jpg

Hosed it down with brake clean and watched it creep back around the tube and then took the picture. I don't know. Maybe I tweaked it when I removed the accumulator. That tube is not listed in the 3 or 4 parts lists I looked at. Found it at Morris 4x4 and ordered it.

Have a new front drive shaft coming from Tom Woods. Started adding up the prices for ujoints, cardan joint and the sweat to change them all out. Decided it was more cost effective to just buy a whole new shaft. Plus, it will match the rear. I just have never fully mastered ujoint replacement. I can do them. I'm just.....tired of fighting them.

Last edited:

AMS417

TJ Enthusiast
The slope is so gentle at the beginning that you hardly even notice until...bam, you’re in the Rabbit Hole.
I was in the rabbit hole the day I started looking for a TJ. Beats the twin turbo kit I was eyeing for the new C8 I had picked out. Instead I am going to try to build a lake house, if I can even get land bought.