What did you do to your TJ today?

I fired it up for the first time on Sunday after the engine rebuild. Started on the first try (after resorting to jumping cause of a dead battery). After running it at 2000 RPM for 10 minutes I discovered that the clutch wasn’t working. Pedal was dropping right to the floor with no resistance. Got super lucky, and it started to work again after just reseating the slave cylinder! Apparently the rod did not seat properly in the fork dimple, thank god I didn’t have to pull the transmission.
Today I finally buttoned up the last few items in the engine bay, so it is now 100% complete!
I also finished up installing my new double din head unit. I made custom metal anti-theft brackets to hold it in out of framing tie plates. This way a would be thief can’t use a stereo puller tool and yank it out (like has been done to me before).
Finally, I finished painting all my handle pieces after sandblasting them yesterday.
All that’s left is to re-assemble the handles, install them, install the interior door panels, and install the bumper. Insurance kicks back in tomorrow, so I will enjoy driving it this weekend!!!

CC0AE07F-D593-4E53-92E7-096FF790D1E3.jpeg

C8A18B7B-957D-4958-84F6-4593D5373DA7.jpeg

1A90E180-8072-4364-AF2F-FED95F5159A1.jpeg

57ABE4FA-7B1F-4580-A975-92367C0A05A4.jpeg

7751CF0B-A1DE-49E1-9085-DF826C46209A.jpeg

911D4682-15D4-4422-A4A7-CD218EABBD04.jpeg

[QUOTE = "hosejockey61, post: 603816, member: 21574"]
Was kostet ein Stock Skid?
[/ZITAT]

about 250€, it is an original Mopar replacement, and was available in Germany I couldn't save the original skid plate.

Been fighting with my rusted winshield bolts intermittently for the last year. NO, it was not the locktite, it was rust! I used a torch and sodering iron at different times with no luck. After breaking several HF t40 bits I went back to the drawing board...

Bought a craftsman hand impact and a USA made bit, with heat that worked on 4, then bought some nice carbide bits and drilled a few of them out, can finally mount my quick disconnect mirrors. I do need to add a rivnut to one of the locations where the backing plate was toast.

I really could just use a new winshield frame (lots of rust) but thats for another day.

Found a 7/8 rubber furniture leg cover to protect my quick disconnect air line. Now I just need to buy a 3 legged stool with that size legs to use the rest in the pack.

View attachment 169499
Trust me, you’ll need a spare and the others you can give as trail gifts to other wheelers with uncovered air chucks.

I discovered last night that the mysterious irregular rattle/knock I keep feeling in my floorboard is a loose heatshield cover thing on one of my precats. Guess I'll be changing them out this summer. I'm nervous about having to drop the skidplate though cause of all the spinning nutsert stories. I'll probably order a set of BMB nutserts beforehand just in case any of them give me a hard time.

Spray the h
I discovered last night that the mysterious irregular rattle/knock I keep feeling in my floorboard is a loose heatshield cover thing on one of my precats. Guess I'll be changing them out this summer. I'm nervous about having to drop the skidplate though cause of all the spinning nutsert stories. I'll probably order a set of BMB nutserts beforehand just in case any of them give me a hard time.
Spray those skid plate bolts with lots of Kroil and then when you are ready a little tightening action with a little loosening action and repeat just be gentle with them and you should be good.

I changed out the power steering fluid yesterday. It had been a LONG time since it was last changed, and the pump was whining like crazy. It’s a lot quieter now, but there’s still a bit of a whine at full lock, so I’m going to try to burp the system again later today.
41A2961C-E842-47D2-8C5E-8C46205DC93E.jpeg

86754DB9-841E-446C-B2C0-DCD7C787D5DB.jpeg

F0D12F67-0F75-453E-9420-8F86C9F4BCF6.jpeg
Edit: it looks like the front end is being held up by the scissor jack, but there were jack stands under the frame 😂

Spray the h

Spray those skid plate bolts with lots of Kroil and then when you are ready a little tightening action with a little loosening action and repeat just be gentle with them and you should be good.

Can penetrating fluid soak upwards though? I'll likely use the ATF/acetone mix and will definitely give it a try. I'm curious about anything regarding the effectiveness against bolts threaded upwards rather than down or horizontally.

Gave mine it's first oil change today(well it's first since I just got it Tuesday) put new wiper blades on. Grease everything that had a fitting, tightened up the negative battery cable end with a screw till I can get to the parts store and buy a new one!!!!! Geeze my BIL sure wasn't to preventive maintenance oriented........