1. Forum decals are here! Visit this thread to order your Wrangler TJ Forum decal!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum t-shirts are here! Get yours by clicking here for colored logo shirts or clicking here for black and white logo shirts.

If you support the forum and would like a cool shirt, be sure to order one! As always, the small amount of profit I make off of these goes to paying operational expenses for the forum. Trust me, I'm not getting rich off this.

Dismiss Notice

What did you do to your TJ today?

Discussion in 'TJ General Discussion' started by LJRubiconGuy, Jul 9, 2016.

1. glwood

glwood TJ Addict Supporting Member

On my previously owned '03 TJ X, the current owner and I removed the Rough Country X-flex rear adjustable control arms and replaced them with factory style control arms. One of the threaded washers (passenger side) had come out of the joint, and the bushing was just flopping around. I had ordered a replacement threaded washer, and the replacement was much thicker with more threads, but still a stupid design. The driver's side joint was starting to come apart also. I can't believe I ever put those on that TJ. They look beefy, but the joint design is not up to offroading in any sense of the word. Those who have "run these on their TJs for years with no issues" are just lucky they haven't failed. To expect a threaded washer to contain that bushing with all the forces generated by wheeling is absurd.

The control arms were fine until he took that X wheeling in Ouray, CO last summer. The first wheeling trip caused the ps X-flex joint to fail, and began to undo the ds joint also.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. This stuff is magic. Upside - mirrors are useful again. Downside - no more back massages at stop lights. d9b378803c7e1141d999bcdfce18755e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. A-TJ-J.D.

A-TJ-J.D. Member

Put a few things on, took a few things off. b60a48dbdcdf31fdef9963c9b69022cf.jpg 20d9418323e0cb2814a548fd099dfd5b.jpg b52612e3997c37f401ea58ae51aadf5b.jpg 92767b4d0afe37d7ad4ad73367fea28f.jpg b87dfcf0056ab25c3b815100f01059d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FF_Jeep likes this.
  4. lovemachine

lovemachine TJ Enthusiast Supporting Member

You bought it like that? That's ballsy! I don't think I could have bought a vehicle that had been rattle canned.

5. dylansalrin

dylansalrin CRNA In Training Supporting Member

It was half its value because of it hah. So happy I did now that it's over

lovemachine likes this.
  6. dylansalrin

dylansalrin CRNA In Training Supporting Member

A-TJ-J.D. likes this.
  7. Jacob Duhon

Jacob Duhon Member Supporting Member

Built a bull bar yesterday playing around with my new hf pipe bender and some 1.5" .120 wall tubing I had laying around. Got it painted up and mounted today. It's welded to some 1/4" plate that I slipped between the factory tow hooks and winch plate. 23fb5b7c062e506bfa7804eb43d986f4.jpg 3145ebd00be264a815f7f5129e279358.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DC0046, 05pf13, LeePTI and 6 others like this.
  8. A-TJ-J.D.

A-TJ-J.D. Member

Shined up my front bumper Hi-Lift Jack mounts cc2e91542ecefac2c7b521b2bce075c9.jpg

Also broke two extensions taking my old rear bumper off, and bought an impact wrench.

Jamie Frost likes this.
  9. todd.bell.90857

todd.bell.90857 New Member

Changed the speedometer gear changed from stock to 31-10.5-15 looks a lot different

Jamie Frost likes this.
  10. Jacob Duhon

Jacob Duhon Member Supporting Member

I also made a bracket to mount my arb receptacle for my fridge so I don't have to use up the 12v outlet on trips. Mounted it right behind my fridge slide. I still need to finish running the wires though. a4ebb72f45cc19d2a270712ffd807c8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

05pf13, BigWheel88 and VirtualRussel like this.
  11. Put my delrin hinge bushings in today. Found out that the tool that comes with them was useless. Ended up taking a flat head screwdriver and getting the old brass ones out in chunks. Ended up being a tougher job than I thought lol.

12. Were the delrin bushing worth the extra dough?

13. I got them on sale for $30 from trail15. I need to clean my pins up better because they are nasty but the doors went on and off so much better. I think that they'll be worth it tho.

PCO6 and JamesAndTheSahara like this.
  14. Work day today, left home in the dark and got back home in the dark. Left my Jeep in the garage out of the rain, didn't show her any love :-(

15. I removed the flotation devices. Looks much cleaner.

IMG_0830.JPG

EJD, 05pf13, Shane Mckinley and 6 others like this.
  16. bobthetj03

bobthetj03 TJ Addict Supporting Member

Received this today.
    20170619_095219.jpg

17. JMT

JMT TJ Enthusiast

18. bobthetj03

bobthetj03 TJ Addict Supporting Member

That there my friend is a new rear double cardan drive shaft to compliment my recent SYE install. this and a angled TB relocation bracket are the final pieces to this mod.

JMT likes this.
  19. glwood

glwood TJ Addict Supporting Member

20. BendLarry

BendLarry TJ Enthusiast

I mounted a winch today.
    2017-06-19 14.56.54 HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

Nashorn101, LeePTI, tman66 and 5 others like this.