What did you do to your TJ today?

My front bumper is kinda odd but one good thing about it is, the bumper had to be removed in order to install the winch, so anyone wanting to steal it will get a surprise when they realize they can't get to the front mounting bolts without removing 6 bolts just to get the bumper off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Led Dash Lights my kids got me for Father's Day! They tried to get the HVAC too but got the wrong ines, so they're coming soon. Good cheap improvement, matches my stereo now.

IMG_5975.JPG
IMG_5977.JPG

Led Dash Lights my kids got me for Father's Day! They tried to get the HVAC too but got the wrong ines, so they're coming soon. Good cheap improvement, matches my stereo now.

View attachment 17689 View attachment 17690
I did that mod a while back and like it a lot! Also did the foot well lights in blue but the dome lights in bright white. Still have to do the radio and HVAC lights. Nice job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yesterday i got in another wreck when a lady slammed into the back of me. she hit so hard my gate wont open, and my seat is reclined farther back than it ever was. Its kind of a PITA to drive now because i have to be constantly leaning forward.

Reactions: Kyle_W
I'm sure we're all glad you're ok. :ARMS1:

Even though you are "just sore" you might want to go get checked out, just in case.

Sorry about your Jeep, but it's just metal and can be fixed.

I'm sure we're all glad you're ok. :ARMS1:

Even though you are "just sore" you might want to go get checked out, just in case.

Sorry about your Jeep, but it's just metal and can be fixed.

To be honest the only spots on the body that had rust will now be replaced, so i guess there are plus sides but yeah.... still dont like looking at Jerry my jeep all hurt like that.

Reactions: tman66
Just curious, Why take off the COI and TB spacer?
TB spacers are a joke on newer throttle bodies that pass only air like the TJ uses. Spacers work well under carburetors and first-generation throttle bodies that had a fuel injector in them (called throttle body injection or TBI) since they pass a wet air-fuel mixture. A spacer doesn't help in the least when mounted under a modern TB like the TJ uses. The TJ's fuel is injected well below the throttle body.

CAIs are way overhyped. They sound good in theory but they're still not putting cold air into the engine, it is only slightly less hot. Only those with a highly-developed susceptibility to the placebo effect would notice anything. My present TJ came used with a CAI and I removed it so I could go back to the factory air intake with an AC-Delco air filter. No performance difference, cleaner air for my engine. :)

On my previously owned '03 TJ X, the current owner and I removed the Rough Country X-flex rear adjustable control arms and replaced them with factory style control arms. One of the threaded washers (passenger side) had come out of the joint, and the bushing was just flopping around. I had ordered a replacement threaded washer, and the replacement was much thicker with more threads, but still a stupid design. The driver's side joint was starting to come apart also. I can't believe I ever put those on that TJ. They look beefy, but the joint design is not up to offroading in any sense of the word. Those who have "run these on their TJs for years with no issues" are just lucky they haven't failed. To expect a threaded washer to contain that bushing with all the forces generated by wheeling is absurd.

The control arms were fine until he took that X wheeling in Ouray, CO last summer. The first wheeling trip caused the ps X-flex joint to fail, and began to undo the ds joint also.
Update: contacted Rough Country, and they are sending new end joints, which they say are 'redesigned', no cost. I will see when they arrive. Anyway, just got through reading an 18 page thread on an XJ forum about RC X-flex joints, and plenty of information, good and bad. Most hate 'em, some are ok with 'em, and a lot replaced their X-flex joints with johnny joints from Currie. I would do that also, but none of their posted links to the Currie replacement ends work anymore. Does anyone have a current link to the Currie adjustable control arm end joint that would work on an RC rear upper control arm?

The rest of the control arm is fine, and it's just the X-flex joint that needs replacing, and these would be perfectly acceptable for upper rear arms...

TB spacers are a joke on newer throttle bodies that pass only air like the TJ uses. Spacers work well under carburetors and first-generation throttle bodies that had a fuel injector in them (called throttle body injection or TBI) since they pass a wet air-fuel mixture. A spacer doesn't help in the least when mounted under a modern TB like the TJ uses. The TJ's fuel is injected well below the throttle body.

CAIs are way overhyped. They sound good in theory but they're still not putting cold air into the engine, it is only slightly less hot. Only those with a highly-developed susceptibility to the placebo effect would notice anything. My present TJ came used with a CAI and I removed it so I could go back to the factory air intake with an AC-Delco air filter. No performance difference, cleaner air for my engine. :)

It has been proven a myth that TB spacers make power on FI engines.