What did you do to your TJ today?

View attachment 171979

BesTop seat covers were a bust today. Vinyl burs on the fake seams pressed into the middle section, extremely difficult to get on, even with help, (we gave up after I decided if we managed to wedge them on, I'd just want them off again in two days because I wouldn't be happy with the fit/quality), poor stitching/trim around the seat pulls and back-of-seat release, and the rear pocket wasn't as pictured. Mailing them back to amazon tomorrow.

I did like the color though, so there's that...🤣
Oh... don't get me started on these guys.... I ordered a simple windshield channel on June 3rd. They sent me a trashed box with the channel but no hardware. No kidding... it took 6 calls to get any kind of acknowledgment at all from their customer "service". Once I did... after 8 days... they were going t send the hardware and even gave me a new order number. Fast forward to last Saturday when I finally herd from them again. I told them I wanted to return the product and get a refund.... they told me that was OK provided I returned it in the original packaging and will all of the specified parts... After I lost my sh*t on them we compromised that they would open another order and express ship the hardware..... that was Saturday and I still don't have it.

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
View attachment 171979

BesTop seat covers were a bust today. Vinyl burs on the fake seams pressed into the middle section, extremely difficult to get on, even with help, (we gave up after I decided if we managed to wedge them on, I'd just want them off again in two days because I wouldn't be happy with the fit/quality), poor stitching/trim around the seat pulls and back-of-seat release, and the rear pocket wasn't as pictured. Mailing them back to amazon tomorrow.

I did like the color though, so there's that...🤣
The spice color does go well with Solar Yellow.

Did you switch to synthetic oil?

Yep. Realized after the fact I should have gone with conventional.

Took another look tonight though (it's easier to find leaks in the dark?) And I actually think it's the oil sending unit. The valve cover area actually looks pretty dry (maybe sweating a bit but not much), but the little sending unit thing was pretty oily and its looking like that's where the leak originated from.

I'll still replace the pan/gasket, replace that unit and switch back to conventional and I think I should be good. Famous last words though lol.

On that note - anyone know where to find an oil pressure sending unit for an 04 2.4 ? maybe it's because it's past midnight here, but I can't locate the Mopar part anywhere.

Last edited:
Oh... don't get me started on these guys.... I ordered a simple windshield channel on June 3rd. They sent me a trashed box with the channel but no hardware. No kidding... it took 6 calls to get any kind of acknowledgment at all from their customer "service". Once I did... after 8 days... they were going t send the hardware and even gave me a new order number. Fast forward to last Saturday when I finally herd from them again. I told them I wanted to return the product and get a refund.... they told me that was OK provided I returned it in the original packaging and will all of the specified parts... After I lost my sh*t on them we compromised that they would open another order and express ship the hardware..... that was Saturday and I still don't have it.

Ugh, that's so frustrating. Hopefully it shows up soon. It's because of issues like that I will practically only buy stuff with the following criteria if possible: available on amazon, prime eligible, and sold and fulfilled by amazon or at least fulfilled by amazon, that way I know it will be easy to return it — no questions asked. So if I do contact a manufacturer for parts, if they are jerks about it, I can just send the whole thing back to amazon for a full and fast refund. I don't like using amazon so much, but I also don't like to get bad customer service.

The spice color does go well with Solar Yellow.

I think so! I was testing the waters so I can decide if I want to go full @Nickgsjeep on the interior. 😆

Got a little time tonight.

Installed front drive shaft

Got gas for the first time this year which tested out my tank plunger fix, worked perfectly.

Got a car wash.

Played with rubicrawler in driveway, seems to work well.

Installed new double din radio.

Installed 67 designs ridiculously expensive phone mount

On that note - anyone know where to find an oil pressure sending unit for an 04 2.4 ? maybe it's because it's past midnight here, but I can't locate the Mopar part anywhere.
Try a Jeep Liberty KJ. One of the engine options was the 2.4 and they’re pretty common in junk yards

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Got a little time tonight.

Installed front drive shaft

Got gas for the first time this year which tested out my tank plunger fix, worked perfectly.

Got a car wash.

Played with rubicrawler in driveway, seems to work well.

Installed new double din radio.

Installed 67 designs ridiculously expensive phone mount
Without pics none of it happened 😉.

Reactions: Tldelaney
Without pics none of it happened 😉.
Don’t mind the dust, I haven’t had a chance to clean it yet.

54EBCB5F-114A-463E-8F9B-A5436F2671BE.jpeg

0E9AF3C0-FE9D-4806-B346-100B1836EEA2.jpeg

Don’t mind the dust, I haven’t had a chance to clean it yet.

View attachment 172029
View attachment 172030
How do you like the mount? Ive never like the clip style-too bulky and never held my phone right. I have a magnetic magic mount in my LJ and my F150. Haven't had it fall off or come close to it. However, viewing angles are severely limited because the mount has to be installed on the face of the bezel, where the TJ has limited space.

How do you like the mount? Ive never like the clip style-too bulky and never held my phone right. I have a magnetic magic mount in my LJ and my F150. Haven't had it fall off or come close to it. However, viewing angles are severely limited because the mount has to be installed on the face of the bezel, where the TJ has limited space.
I really like this style as I can rotate it like I have and run Waze, new radio is Apple car play so I’ll have to figure out how I want to run it.

I had a cheap mount suction cupped for two years that finally fell off, it worked well for $12. In comparison this 67 designs can’t fall off and is rock solid as a mount. It’s very adjustable as the ends on the arms also rotate 360 actually to put the slots in the right spots. I also have another arm that will mount my Garmin Inreach mini.

Reactions: taylormade73
I really like this style as I can rotate it like I have and run Waze, new radio is Apple car play so I’ll have to figure out how I want to run it.

I had a cheap mount suction cupped for two years that finally fell off, it worked well for $12. In comparison this 67 designs can’t fall off and is rock solid as a mount. It’s very adjustable as the ends on the arms also rotate 360 actually to put the slots in the right spots. I also have another arm that will mount my Garmin Inreach mini.
I'm assuming you can change the mount on the end to accommodate larger devices like tablets?

That looks like the best match for the bezel that I've seen. Which silver did you use?
I think I still have the can at home, I’ll have to check. It was a duplicolor silver from oreilly’s. The factory is darker so it doesn’t match as well as I’d like.

I think I still have the can at home, I’ll have to check. It was a duplicolor silver from oreilly’s. The factory is darker so it doesn’t match as well as I’d like.

If it's not as good a match in person, don't worry about it. I was leaning towards a single-DIN with a floating screen (even though it'll block a little of the vents) to keep the factory one. But if I do the double-DIN bezel I'll plan on disassembling and painting the gauge bezel as well. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Apparition
If it's not as good a match in person, don't worry about it. I was leaning towards a single-DIN with a floating screen (even though it'll block a little of the vents) to keep the factory one. But if I do the double-DIN bezel I'll plan on disassembling and painting the gauge bezel as well. Thanks for the reply!

Take the stereo bezel and get color matched? This way the double din one can be painted to the matched color vs. off the shelf type.

Take the stereo bezel and get color matched? This way the double din one can be painted to the matched color vs. off the shelf type.
This is what I’d like to do eventually. I still have my factory stereo bezel to take and get matched.

Dropped the gas tank to fix a broken fuel line connector and replace the fuel pump while it is out. I watched 4 or 5 videos on how to drop the tank, and I guess I am lucky as I only have 2 lines, an electrical connector and the filler to disconnect. All of the videos I watched showed several other lines that had to be removed once the tank was dropped about 2 inches.

1593108396115.png

Anything else I should do for maintenance while I have the tank out?