What did you do to your TJ today?

Tore down me rear driveshaft to rebuild it. Everytime I bent my skid I would have vibes on the way home from the trail. It has taken its toll. Galling and pitting in a lot of places 🙄

IMG_20200626_154528.jpg

IMG_20200626_154422.jpg

I put a second coat on the sliders. And I found some rust on the frame. Think I can save it? Just kidding. That's why I bought it. I will touch it up because I always do.

20200626_170628.jpg

ETA: The reflection on the bottom isn't rust. It's the bolt area.

I had to cut, weld and modify some more, but I got the fuel can to fit.
Not bad, the entire rack cost about $60.00

View attachment 172387

View attachment 172388
I think I bought that same rack from amazon, scratch and dent for like 20 bucks. I cut mine down and made it narrower, just welded up the bracket last week, cleaning up now. Same but different, no spare. Rack will reside even w/ the top of the tailgate. Will post pics when it's done.

Pizza Night!

Nice!

I keep two bath towels somewhere in all my vehicles, I say they are for emergencies (and they have come in handy many times), but what I mostly do with them is put one folded in half on the passenger seat, then put my take out pizza on it, then cover it completely with the other towel folded in half. Keeps grease off the seat and the pizza is still hot when I get home. If I'm in my daily driver car, I turn the seat heater on when I leave the house to get it to boot. 🤣

Nice!

I keep two bath towels somewhere in all my vehicles, I say they are for emergencies (and they have come in handy many times), but what I mostly do with them is put one folded in half on the passenger seat, then put my take out pizza on it, then cover it completely with the other towel folded in half. Keeps grease off the seat and the pizza is still hot when I get home. If I'm in my daily driver car, I turn the seat heater on when I leave the house to get it to boot. 🤣
I put leather in mine, so pizza grease is my friend ;)

Got the K Suspension wiring kit for the headlights. Such An easy and simple mod and such an amazing result!!!
I was prepping to switch to the new to me LED headlights and wanted to make sure the wiring and grounds were good. I switched out the bulbs that were in the KC H4 housings to some Osrams that I had laying around. Nothing fancy. Man! What a difference good wiring makes!

Now the headlights actually work. May switch to some better bulbs and wait on the JW Speaker headlights until later.
Tucked away the winch wiring as I may move the control box to the engine bay and install a power distro block in there to clean up the wiring as well as a winch disconnect (May try the warn unit with a switch to the cabin)

K Suspension wiring kit gets a double thumbs up!

4E2047E0-C27B-465B-A276-4B6C686533BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced my rear brake rotors because I thought one was warped. Put it back on jack stands and checked it again (crap) must be a bent axle. Guess I’m ordering and new axle now. It must have been like that a while because I haven’t hit anything hard enough to do that. Or you would think I would have noticed a hit that hard.

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
converted back to hardtop - not by choice :cautious:

began taking the soft top down starting with the rear window after work and the zipper pull split in two... storm was arriving in about 5 hours but otherwise sunny and beautiful out & i dont have any covered parking.
joanns fabrics replacement zipper pulls were too small, boat repair shops all closed at 5. wasn't in a good spot. raced down to my dads and began stripping the soft top off and got the hardtop on. began sprinkling shortly after.

crossing my fingers a shop about a hour away is capable or willing to replace my zipper today (saturday).

anyone have any luck or try the fixnzip emergency zipper pull or something similar? i may add one in my glovebox for a future emergency.

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
began taking the soft top down starting with the rear window after work and the zipper pull split in two... storm was arriving in about 5 hours but otherwise sunny and beautiful out & i dont have any covered parking.
joanns fabrics replacement zipper pulls were too small, boat repair shops all closed at 5. wasn't in a good spot. raced down to my dads and began stripping the soft top off and got the hardtop on. began sprinkling shortly after.

crossing my fingers a shop about a hour away is capable or willing to replace my zipper today (saturday).

anyone have any luck or try the fixnzip emergency zipper pull or something similar? i may add one in my glovebox for a future emergency.

Looks like it's just a #10 zipper slider, pick a couple up for a few bucks on amazon, use one to fix it, keep the other as a spare. There are a couple of videos on how to get them onto the zipper on a soft top on YT.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DTVPLMY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

converted back to hardtop - not by choice :cautious:

I’ve used a split ring from a keychain before