TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

What did you do to your TJ today?

Ephry73

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Had doors and windows off and left at home. Guess what happened? Tried to thread the needle of a fast moving downpour. This was a first. Fun!

When I got home my RL MTL has arrived.
I have to say, on the NV3550 I have to say the fill spot sucks!! Esp considering the size of the 1qt bottles.
Had to use one of those cheesy hand pumps.

In the picture below: is that a lot of crap? I don’t know. Wonder when the PO(s) did this last.

View attachment 180551

View attachment 180552

View attachment 180553
Wonder when that lube was changed last.

Fill it from the cabin next time. If you still have the original floor pans, just take the floor plug off and run the hose from there. no pump needed, but you have to make sure you keep an eye on it on the second one.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt

TheBoogieman

TJ Enthusiast
Finished building my rear bumper. Just need to paint it now.

View attachment 180685
Can you unbolt that lift and throw it on back of that Rubi Gladiator so I can use it? I'll buy gas, beer and food. I still use a floor jack and 4x4" posts to install a BL. Life working on my Jeep standing up would be so much better. I bought a nice creeper and you can't use it because every time you have to use force to remove a bolt, the damn thing wheels around like a Go-cart.

Last edited:

hosejockey61

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Can you unbolt that lift and throw it on back of that Rubi Gladiator so I can use it? I'll buy gas, beer and food. I still use a floor jack and 4x4" posts to install a BL. Life working on my Jeep standing up would be so much better. I bought a nice creeper and you can't use it because every time you have to use force to remove a bolt, the damn thing wheels around like a Go-cart.
come on boogie I've been there like everybody else I just started getting too old and it hurt too bad to work on the Jeep anymore on the concrete.

madcanvis

Wonder when that lube was changed last.

Fill it from the cabin next time. If you still have the original floor pans, just take the floor plug off and run the hose from there. no pump needed, but you have to make sure you keep an eye on it on the second one.
Whaaat??!!! That would’ve been sweet. Next time- I guess!
thanks dude!

madcanvis

After some miles twitch my mirror relocated it decided to start folding in on hiway. A 7/64 drill bit, a long SS M3 machine screw and a nuts jammed as a stopper I set 2 locations. Drilled a w/ Doors hole locator, spun it around, used same fixed hole and drilled a w/o doors locator. Only went through top half- no need to make a thru hole.
Easy peasy

C41AFD0A-3A56-49F3-95F0-7F2D52ABDFE2.jpeg

C1D1A83F-FF9A-4395-97C1-B45D0F0FFC59.jpeg

Midtenn

TJ Enthusiast
Quick question that doesn’t warrant a thread...

if you are doing a mml and bl at the same time, which would you do first. I’m thinking bl but want to approach it right.

Ephry73

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
And done. I even put the bolts all in the same orientation so people who follow me that have OCD won't freak out (@jjvw)

View attachment 180710
I work with a guy that has severe OCD for certain things. Network racks have to have the same screw heads and colors as well as orientation of the screw head. Every now and then we sharpee a few screws off, just to see how long it takes him to freak out.

That tailgate is calling my name.

TJ Hunnicutt

Lord of Flatulence
Supporting Member
Quick question that doesn’t warrant a thread...

if you are doing a mml and bl at the same time, which would you do first. I’m thinking bl but want to approach it right.
Either way, you will need to unbolt the fan shroud and will probably have to leave it unbolted until you have both done.

I'm also thinking that I would do the MML first because, after the BL, your Jeep body will be another inch or so taller and it will be that much harder to get to the motor mounts from above.